test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rename our own attack patterns? Yes or No?

gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
Should we be able to re-name one or more of our attack patterns for a more badass unique feel to our captains?
This is assuming its only re naming the patterns.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."

Rename our own attack patterns? Yes or No? 54 votes

Hell yeah! Attack Pattern Space-Chicken Delta Five! FIRE EVERYTHING!
29%
themetalstickmansmokeybacon90tolmariuskodachikunoderrico1startrek1234567gradiirakija879amayakitsunedrakie79krenzikweirdtrekie30praxi5crash101101tars111weyoun1995 16 votes
No, Boring is better!
70%
s2racingberginsshpoksoldravenman3025reximuzhawku001xchampionshewolfjonathanlonehawksmeeinn1tcrypticarmsmancidjackswamariannandospcarliekkosrattler2truewarperdrakethewhitelordprotiuscaptiannemo117angrytarg 38 votes

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    NO! and why not.... because of the trolling that would happen and it would serve no purpose other than personal vanity.

Also the coding for Devs would be a nightmare
    JtaDmwW.png
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    No, b/c this thread contains a poll.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    no because it serves no realistic purpose.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    cidjack wrote: »
    No, b/c this thread contains a poll.

that is hilarious mainly because this Poll thingy is becoming a total nightmare of trolling
    JtaDmwW.png
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    No because it's already been stated and you already have a thread on this, and trying to load the responses doesn't make it any better.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Compiled List of Bugs, Issues, and QOL Concerns for Champions Online
    TerraSig_zpsbssrlxmv.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Hell yeah! Attack Pattern Space-Chicken Delta Five! FIRE EVERYTHING!
    No because it's already been stated and you already have a thread on this, and trying to load the responses doesn't make it any better.

Neither do veiled insults. You can have your boring. want some fries with that?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    Oh
    Look
    Another
    oUfxUeJ.gif
    Poll
    ​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    gradii wrote: »

I am curious what veiled insult?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Compiled List of Bugs, Issues, and QOL Concerns for Champions Online
    TerraSig_zpsbssrlxmv.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!

Veiled insults? Like wording the "No" vote to imply that voting no is voting for boring?

Yeah, OK...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • solardynamosolardynamo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    I saw no insults. You're taking the "no" votes rather personally.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    NO! and why not.... because of the trolling that would happen and it would serve no purpose other than personal vanity.

Pretty much that....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    No. There is no need to over complicate things by replacing something that works with another new broken system.
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

I agree with this guy :)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    No. Why? An "attack pattern alpha" stays an "attack pattern alpha". You can call it "attack pattern gradii" on your own bridge and your officers will role their eyes and just go it with, but otherwise...

There was some merit to the "custom attack pattern" idea, though. We could be allowed to "craft" an automatic chain of BOFF skills into one manoeuvre and name it after our captain, generating a unique ability that works as long as the boff ability "ingredients" are slotted in the ship, similiar to those abilities some story missions have.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Isn't there some voice command program out there for STO where you can pretty much already do this? I remember seeing a few videos on it.
    sstosig2.png
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    The question has to be "Why?" What benefit would we derive from it given we can't make our own?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • huntor2huntor2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Attack pattern M.o.f.o. 1
    Attack pattern **** off
    Attack pattern Thug Life
    Attack pattern KKKHHHHAAANNN!!
    Attack pattern Bieber is FFFAAAAAKE
    Attack pattern Kurland Here
    Attack pattern Arnold schwarzenDPSer

So much possibilities!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    Attack Pattern Jexual Harassment
    Attack Pattern Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
    Attack Pattern Kittens
    Attack Pattern Custer
    Attack Pattern Spousal Abuse

Yes, this feature would only end well.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!
    Should we be able to re-name one or more of our attack patterns for a more badass unique feel to our captains?
    Heck...NO...creates too much drama :smiley:
    DUwNP.gif

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,266 Arc User
    No, Boring is better!

WHY?
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif