test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Fleet Veteran Heavy Destroyers

2»

Comments

  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The point is, where Fleet ships are normally superior to the "normal" versions, this is not the case with the Veteran Heavy Destroyers. The ship trait (5th mastery) was stripped from the fleet version, forcing players to buy the "normal" version, use it long enough to max out the mastery levels, and then buy the Fleet version, carrying over the ship trait. Sadly, this is not how most T6 ships work, and is not whet any reasonable player would expect.

    In my case, I see it as a loss of a fleet module, since the ship I bought will not be ready for use for several weeks, while I go back and max out the "normal" one, after which I will have to repeat the first 4 mastery levels again on the Fleet version. :s

    On top of the trait issue, I also cannot customize the Fleet ship, apart from the color pallet, windows & ship skin parts. The material selection & shading schemes' GUI appears to be functional, but no changes can be made to the ship's appearance by any of those selections.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,960 Arc User
    The point is, where Fleet ships are normally superior to the "normal" versions, this is not the case with the Veteran Heavy Destroyers. The ship trait (5th mastery) was stripped from the fleet version, forcing players to buy the "normal" version, use it long enough to max out the mastery levels, and then buy the Fleet version, carrying over the ship trait. Sadly, this is not how most T6 ships work, and is not whet any reasonable player would expect.

    This is how all fleet ships work. The Tier 6 Fleet ship does not earn you the mastery, only the base version of the ship does.


    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The point is, where Fleet ships are normally superior to the "normal" versions, this is not the case with the Veteran Heavy Destroyers. The ship trait (5th mastery) was stripped from the fleet version, forcing players to buy the "normal" version, use it long enough to max out the mastery levels, and then buy the Fleet version, carrying over the ship trait. Sadly, this is not how most T6 ships work, and is not whet any reasonable player would expect.

    In my case, I see it as a loss of a fleet module, since the ship I bought will not be ready for use for several weeks, while I go back and max out the "normal" one, after which I will have to repeat the first 4 mastery levels again on the Fleet version. :s

    On top of the trait issue, I also cannot customize the Fleet ship, apart from the color pallet, windows & ship skin parts. The material selection & shading schemes' GUI appears to be functional, but no changes can be made to the ship's appearance by any of those selections.

    This is exactly how FT6 ships work: the T6 has the mastery, the fleet version does not.

    Edit/ I should read threads to their end, including the post below what I'm quoting. :*
    giphy.gif
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    Has anyone had any luck getting refunds or compensation for the missing starship trait?
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck getting refunds or compensation for the missing starship trait?

    Why would you? You get the trait from a free ship that, if you've got the fleet version, you can definitely get. You've not paid any more than you would have done if the fleet version DID come with the trait.

    edit/ Ah, supposedly a 5th trait in some information somewhere. Hmm. Doubt you'll get a refund though, they generally cover themselves with a "subject to change" stuck in.
    giphy.gif
  • sov42sov42 Member Posts: 1,250 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Also, you said that the blogs are "hidden away' but what's this link here? Is that a blog about the Tier 6 Veteran ship? oh it is? Wow, so it's NOT hidden away.

    What's this link then? Is that a blog about the Fleet version of the Tier 6 Veteran ship? Again, not hidden away.

    Clearly, the things you are saying are either wrong on your end or you are just trying to deliberately make things up to say that Cryptic is devious and untrustworthy.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,637 Bug Hunter
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.

    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.
    How is the argument moot? It’s the very opposite to moot. If the ship isn’t designed for that system why are they telling us it is? Why are they saying buy this ship and get this trait? Just because the devs are misleading the player base it doesn't mean they are deliberately misleading us. Like I said before you can argue if they are deliberately misleading us or not but the fact is they are misleading us even if its not deliberately.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Also, you said that the blogs are "hidden away' but what's this link here? Is that a blog about the Tier 6 Veteran ship? oh it is? Wow, so it's NOT hidden away.

    What's this link then? Is that a blog about the Fleet version of the Tier 6 Veteran ship? Again, not hidden away.

    Clearly, the things you are saying are either wrong on your end or you are just trying to deliberately make things up to say that Cryptic is devious and untrustworthy.
    There is no proof in your link. All that shows is you don’t understand what we are talking about and you are linking to the wrong ship. The in game evidence clearly agrees with me.

    Unless I missed it we can no longer view a list of ship blogs, we can no longer search for old blogs. So as time goes on that blog gets lost and hard to find. Then there is the fact the blog is hard to read on certain screens due to the bad design. How many players in a few months will buy the ship thinking it comes with a trait and be unable to easily find the blog?

    The screenshots show what I am saying is clearly correct and it is in fact you who is completely wrong. As for Cryptic being untrustworthy I have good reason to think that. They deleted a bunch of ships from players account and refused to help. All they did was say you have to pay for the ship again no matter what proof we have that we paid for the ships they removed. Many players lost Excelsior's from there accounts. Then we have ships like the fleet ship that say we get traits when we buy them but no trait is given. They have known about this for ages now so why hasn't it been sorted?

  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    good grief - it's a typo. It cost you 5 bucks. I suspect you were gleefully hoping to get a 70 mil ec trait for 5 bucks (I don't know the actual price of the Hazari, just guessing). That 5 bucks converted to keys would currently make you about 15 million so I'm sure it was an exciting deal. Personally I much prefer the torpedo trait from the vet ship.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.
    How is the argument moot? It’s the very opposite to moot. If the ship isn’t designed for that system why are they telling us it is? Why are they saying buy this ship and get this trait? Just because the devs are misleading the player base it doesn't mean they are deliberately misleading us. Like I said before you can argue if they are deliberately misleading us or not but the fact is they are misleading us even if its not deliberately.
    It's a mistake, you are trying to make it more than what it is... stop doing that. The argument's moot, end of discussion.

    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    good grief - it's a typo. It cost you 5 bucks. I suspect you were gleefully hoping to get a 70 mil ec trait for 5 bucks (I don't know the actual price of the Hazari, just guessing). That 5 bucks converted to keys would currently make you about 15 million so I'm sure it was an exciting deal. Personally I much prefer the torpedo trait from the vet ship.
    It can cost upwards of 2000zen combine that with the other ship they deleted from my account which I had paid for and we are more talking $40 not $5. Not that the price bothers me. It’s the constantly investing in things and being ripped off by either not getting what we paid for or just being flat out broken like the parts of the R&D system I used. I leveled up to 20 in projectile R&D only to find out its broken and none of my projectile Locator tactical consoles can be upgraded with projectiles tech anymore. Then after months saving dilithuim I spent a large amount upgrading my projectiles weapons to find out half of them are broken at gold/epic level and it was a waste of dilithuim.

    Each one by its self is tiny. But it all together and I hope you can see why I am getting fed up. Far to often we are investing resources/time/money and not getting what we are told we will get.


  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.
    How is the argument moot? It’s the very opposite to moot. If the ship isn’t designed for that system why are they telling us it is? Why are they saying buy this ship and get this trait? Just because the devs are misleading the player base it doesn't mean they are deliberately misleading us. Like I said before you can argue if they are deliberately misleading us or not but the fact is they are misleading us even if its not deliberately.
    It's a mistake, you are trying to make it more than what it is... stop doing that. The argument's moot, end of discussion.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.
    How is the argument moot? It’s the very opposite to moot. If the ship isn’t designed for that system why are they telling us it is? Why are they saying buy this ship and get this trait? Just because the devs are misleading the player base it doesn't mean they are deliberately misleading us. Like I said before you can argue if they are deliberately misleading us or not but the fact is they are misleading us even if its not deliberately.
    It's a mistake, you are trying to make it more than what it is... stop doing that. The argument's moot, end of discussion.
    Yet again you are wrong. I am not trying to make it sound like more then it is. Its a mistake I want them to fix instead of leaving broken as it misleads people. Its not end of discussion or moot just because you say so. Clearly you don't care about mistakes that mislead people, but I do care. I don't want to see other people paying for something they will not get. I don't like to see people ripped off no matter how small the value. So sorry if you don't care about other people but I do. The last thing I expect to get is a refund but if they fix it so other people don't get mislead that would be great.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.
    How is the argument moot? It’s the very opposite to moot. If the ship isn’t designed for that system why are they telling us it is? Why are they saying buy this ship and get this trait? Just because the devs are misleading the player base it doesn't mean they are deliberately misleading us. Like I said before you can argue if they are deliberately misleading us or not but the fact is they are misleading us even if its not deliberately.
    It's a mistake, you are trying to make it more than what it is... stop doing that. The argument's moot, end of discussion.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.
    How is the argument moot? It’s the very opposite to moot. If the ship isn’t designed for that system why are they telling us it is? Why are they saying buy this ship and get this trait? Just because the devs are misleading the player base it doesn't mean they are deliberately misleading us. Like I said before you can argue if they are deliberately misleading us or not but the fact is they are misleading us even if its not deliberately.
    It's a mistake, you are trying to make it more than what it is... stop doing that. The argument's moot, end of discussion.
    Yet again you are wrong. I am not trying to make it sound like more then it is. Its a mistake I want them to fix instead of leaving broken as it misleads people. Its not end of discussion or moot just because you say so. Clearly you don't care about mistakes that mislead people, but I do care. I don't want to see other people paying for something they will not get. I don't like to see people ripped off no matter how small the value. So sorry if you don't care about other people but I do. The last thing I expect to get is a refund but if they fix it so other people don't get mislead that would be great.
    Yea, how do you know that they're not goig to fix the mistake. You do know how the system works with regard to Tier 6 Fleet ships? If you don't, learn: They do not come with a trait, at all. The "trait" listed as for the Tier 6 Fleet Vet ship is a mistake, and one that will be fixed, in time. Here's what you need to do (no exceptions): have patience.

    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • sov42sov42 Member Posts: 1,250 Arc User
    I dunno about anyone else, but I love cookies.

    at-work-cookie-monster.gif
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    why does it cost 2000 zen? It is 1 fleet module only.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    I wonder if everyone here understands how traits work. They only come with non-fleet T6 ships. If you want a trait on a fleet ship, you have to fly the non-fleet version first.

    And once unlocked, a starship trait can be used regardless of what ship you're flying. They even work on T1 ships.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    why does it cost 2000 zen? It is 1 fleet module only.
    For many players its 4 fleet modules. My worry is other players will see the trait, see the ship and pay 2000 ZEN and not get any traits.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.
    How is the argument moot? It’s the very opposite to moot. If the ship isn’t designed for that system why are they telling us it is? Why are they saying buy this ship and get this trait? Just because the devs are misleading the player base it doesn't mean they are deliberately misleading us. Like I said before you can argue if they are deliberately misleading us or not but the fact is they are misleading us even if its not deliberately.
    It's a mistake, you are trying to make it more than what it is... stop doing that. The argument's moot, end of discussion.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    As so many people have said, you have to use the regular version of the ship to earn the trait, NOT the fleet version.

    Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait) <-- this is the standard Manticore ship trait.

    Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a 5th Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

    ^Says right in the blog.
    As I have said many times I am not talking about that Trait. When you buy the Fleet ship you get told you get Partners in Arms Trait which is missing. The blogs are hidden away and hard to read to high on resolution screens. What matters is what's listed in game and in the shop when you buy the item. Not what's hidden away on a hard to read website.
    You are really trying to drive that home? I am sorry, I said I would stop arguing with you but you seem to think that you're right but the evidence in-game clearly shows that you're wrong... want proof?

    Here's the proof:
    jucmza.jp

    Actually, he is correct. The fleet version does say in game that it comes with the Partners in Arms mastery trait.

    132IHzI.jpg

    I'm not phased by it, as I know full well that no fleet ships come with a mastery trait. Especially not the wrong one for the ship. But it does say it in game and could be a little misleading.
    That part of your post is the key phrase here. the other poster is saying that the devs are deliberately trying to completely mislead the playerbase. The Fleet versions of Tier 6 ships don't have traits. It's not part of the designed system for the ships. In any case, this whole argument is moot.
    How is the argument moot? It’s the very opposite to moot. If the ship isn’t designed for that system why are they telling us it is? Why are they saying buy this ship and get this trait? Just because the devs are misleading the player base it doesn't mean they are deliberately misleading us. Like I said before you can argue if they are deliberately misleading us or not but the fact is they are misleading us even if its not deliberately.
    It's a mistake, you are trying to make it more than what it is... stop doing that. The argument's moot, end of discussion.
    Yet again you are wrong. I am not trying to make it sound like more then it is. Its a mistake I want them to fix instead of leaving broken as it misleads people. Its not end of discussion or moot just because you say so. Clearly you don't care about mistakes that mislead people, but I do care. I don't want to see other people paying for something they will not get. I don't like to see people ripped off no matter how small the value. So sorry if you don't care about other people but I do. The last thing I expect to get is a refund but if they fix it so other people don't get mislead that would be great.
    Yea, how do you know that they're not goig to fix the mistake. You do know how the system works with regard to Tier 6 Fleet ships? If you don't, learn: They do not come with a trait, at all. The "trait" listed as for the Tier 6 Fleet Vet ship is a mistake, and one that will be fixed, in time. Here's what you need to do (no exceptions): have patience.
    You are wrong again. What we need to do is get the devs attention it’s a mistake so they can fix it. Just sitting back and having patience helps no one. As for how do I know it’s not going to be fixed, well I don’t. They have a track record of not fixing bugs take the broken sections of the R&D system as an example. So let me ask you this. How do you know it will get fixed, if we all follow your bad advice and do nothing no exceptions?

    As for learn how T6 Fleet ships work well that’s the problem. How are players meant to know how T6 Fleet ships work when the majority of players don’t use the website and go by the in game information which doesn’t match up with the website? No where in game does it say Fleet ships cannot and do not have traits. In fact the majority of players looking up how Fleet ships work see some do have traits. Its not until after they spend money they find out the information is wrong.

  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,754 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    why does it cost 2000 zen? It is 1 fleet module only.
    For many players its 4 fleet modules. My worry is other players will see the trait, see the ship and pay 2000 ZEN and not get any traits.

    For other ships perhaps. But not for the Fleet Veteran Destroyer. You literally cannot be in a situation of having to pay the "posted", non-discounted price for it, because if you qualify under the other requirements to buy the ship at all, then you have the "Zen variant" free, and thus automatically qualify for the FSM discount.

    Some of my fleet members talked about buying it in the Zen store. Perhaps I misunderstood and/or made a mistake will ask later and take a look later.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    why does it cost 2000 zen? It is 1 fleet module only.
    For many players its 4 fleet modules. My worry is other players will see the trait, see the ship and pay 2000 ZEN and not get any traits.

    For other ships perhaps. But not for the Fleet Veteran Destroyer. You literally cannot be in a situation of having to pay the "posted", non-discounted price for it, because if you qualify under the other requirements to buy the ship at all, then you have the "Zen variant" free, and thus automatically qualify for the FSM discount.

    Some of my fleet members talked about buying it in the Zen store. Perhaps I misunderstood and/or made a mistake will ask later and take a look later.

    He's right, it will only ever cost 1 module: you can't get it unless you can get the non-fleet version as well.
    giphy.gif
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Would have been nice if the deflect was altered, still looks like a toilet.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
Sign In or Register to comment.