test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3rd Party Petition to include Enterprise-F in ST Official Starships Collection

umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
Not this isn't a petition thread in itself. Don't shut it down on this account! ^_^;

I wanted to raise awareness that there's a petition going on, spearheaded by the folks in charge of thetrekcollective.com, to convince the people at Eaglemoss to make a special issue where an Enterprise-F model would be added to the collection. Apparently, with 5000 ayes in favor (implying a promise to buy it if it releases), they'll "make it so".

Right now, they're sitting at 300 voices... which really baffles me (the U.S.S. Titan, by contrast, has 2500 votes in). I know I'd happily spend 20-30ish USD (the special issue ships tend toward 30$, the rest 20$) to get an Odyssey-class sitting on my desk.

What about you guys?

( link to the petition )
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Could you provide a link to this petition?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Uh. I thought I had. Must've forgot.

Here's the link. Added it in two locations in my opening post as well.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks! The petition is at 335 signatures right now. I'll keep an eye on this.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Signed!... and bumping this tread!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    signeded.............. tis a good ship, she is
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I changed your thread title so no one will mistake it for a TOS Violation "Petition Thread", just in case. :)

This one is ok fellas! It's not an STO petition, it's just being promoted here.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    sloansect31sloansect31 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Signed. Let's hope we can get to 5000...
    (The magazine that would come with this would be very interesting and could help promote STO... Cryptic / PWE should get behind this one if they can...)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I changed your thread title so no one will mistake it for a TOS Violation "Petition Thread", just in case. :)

This one is ok fellas! It's not an STO petition, it's just being promoted here.

~CaptainSmirk

Shouldn't this be moved to Ten Forward? While it does involve a ship created by Cryptic for STO, it is not part of the game.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've signed the petition.

With regards to why the USS Titan petition currently has more signatures that the Ent-F, that is because of an aggressive advertising campaign by the controversial* Star Trek: Titan fan group.

(*It is controversial in that the group, whose goal is for a live-action TV show starring Frakes and Sirtis, has had an incoherent strategy since its founding in 201x. They consistently mislead fans (especially those with a non-English speaking background) into believing they were an official CBS page, to gather "votes" and money for numerous failed Indiegogo fundraisers. Essentially, they're now tricking their followers that voting for the starship model equates to voting for the TV show, hence the unusually high turnout of supporters.)

So in order for the Ent-F petition to succeed, is some form of acknowledgement or repost of this petition on the official STO Facebook page possible? That might be enough to get the word out there to a wider audience.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I've done what I could to reach out to the media outlets I knew off. I have only a Twitter account, so, that's where I springboarded contacting @trekonlinegame, @jupiterforce, @trekradio and @stopriorityone - I did suggest perhaps pushing this to a frontpage blogpost and/or a facebook announcement over to @trekonlinegame as well.

We got over 40+ names today, which is nice, but it's going to take a long time to get to the 5000 target. One thing I was also thinking was if CaptainSmirk could perhaps make mention of this in his livestreams as well. I figure, if awareness is kept high, that 5k requirement will eventually be met (I've seen up to 2000 people viewing his livestreams).
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A good cause. Signed :)
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If it were the Century class used in STO and for this petition, then you would have me. But not that oddy.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    395 awesome find would love my an oddy to stare at all day long
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes more to add to my collection
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Signed. Hope it makes it.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Okay, so, since the creation of this thread we've gone up by something like 50 signatures. Assuming we follow this clip, the progress rate will be pretty slow - 3 months until reaching 5000 (assuming that even happens).

Somehow, I'm also not finding this thread's title to be very inspiring. 3rd party just makes it feel like it's got nothing to do with us/sounds untrustworthy/undeserving of notice.

Unless this gets pushed toward social media more strongly (Smirk mentioning it on main site blog/facebook/livestream and podcasts like PriorityOne and Stoked Radio) - I don't really see this happening. It's not like our forum population jumped on this like it was hot cupcakes.
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think the approach that would be better is if there was someway to convert our ships into files for 3d printing, then we could print them at fed express I think, then paint them and mount them, of our favourite ships not just the oddy.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sumghai wrote: »
    I've signed the petition.

With regards to why the USS Titan petition currently has more signatures that the Ent-F, that is because of an aggressive advertising campaign by the controversial* Star Trek: Titan fan group.

(*It is controversial in that the group, whose goal is for a live-action TV show starring Frakes and Sirtis, has had an incoherent strategy since its founding in 201x. They consistently mislead fans (especially those with a non-English speaking background) into believing they were an official CBS page, to gather "votes" and money for numerous failed Indiegogo fundraisers. Essentially, they're now tricking their followers that voting for the starship model equates to voting for the TV show, hence the unusually high turnout of supporters.)

So in order for the Ent-F petition to succeed, is some form of acknowledgement or repost of this petition on the official STO Facebook page possible? That might be enough to get the word out there to a wider audience.

Wow that is incredibly underhanded, if accurate.
    Anyways, also signed, and yeah, this should totally also go on the official STO FB page. Someone should get the social media monkeys on that.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maybe the Titan has a lot more support and signs also because it's a much better looking ship than that fugly Enterprise F? :P
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Maybe the Titan has a lot more support and signs also because it's a much better looking ship than that fugly Enterprise F? :P

The Titian looks pretty meh, it's like a Sovereign lite
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The Titian looks pretty meh, it's like a Sovereign lite

Personally I'd take it over the F...the F is just basically a saucer with way to tiny nacelles...like they took a Frigate's nacelles and put them on a Dreadnought or Battleship.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Might I ask to leave the issues of "Enterprise-F is fugly" "Luna-class is better" out of the equation in order to not derail the thread? Taste is pretty relative to a person in any case and there's little point in derailing it for this alone.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    umaeko wrote: »
    Might I ask to leave the issues of "Enterprise-F is fugly" "Luna-class is better" out of the equation in order to not derail the thread? Taste is pretty relative to a person in any case and there's little point in derailing it for this alone.

Well it was over ...So yeah Luna is ugly
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Enthusiastically signed. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    umaeko wrote: »

I apologize...I must of been zombie tired when I posted the other day...for some odd reason I was thinking of the Enterprise J and not the F...the F I have no problem with...and I do not think the F is fugly...the J is the Enterprise I think is fugly.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    No problem. Don't worry about it. :)
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Aaaaand signed!

I've have to see about getting a couple of these for myself. Might be the only way to make a model of my in-game ship. :cool:
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    geo68geo68 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    bumping the thread petition is at 946
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    My main flies an Odyssey (Science). Hell yes, I signed it! #950!
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    Thread necromancy?
    Server not responding (1701 s)