test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic made the First A.I.

jaffastargatejaffastargate Member Posts: 122 Arc User
Cryptic made This game.. to be a Very Smart AI. how do i know? simple. Every time i want to shut it down.. it Doesn't let me.. and instead of me Playing the Game.. the Game is playing me.. by Crashing me exactly every 60 seconds. and it is trying to annoy me with the world's Largest Out of memory bugs... one of the errors i got about a few minutes before i posted this on the forums.. said that a texture.. A SINGLE texture.. needs 425 GB of memory, Hell my Hard disk barley has that much! also.. when i Threaten the computer.. it all stops... for about.. well.. not too much longer than an hour.

My question in this post is: Who is playing with who? The Game with me? or me With the game.
Or is it All just a Ton of cryptic bugs that makes it look like This game is actually one of the smart A.I. That likes toying around with me and my time?

Note: it is very annoying when i crash.. but also very funny that it Does exactly what i DON'T want it to do. :mad:
It is Fairly Obvious that They Don't Want me to Stick around.

08E90F14F47C7BC013D19B2D5E9591D78C4185F9
Post edited by jaffastargate on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Your AI must be different then mine. I was on for over 3 hours last night with over 100 Fleetmates and did not crash once. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Um... first off... what are the specs for your computer? Second... have you tried adjusting graphis options or anything in game to improve performance? Third... take a breath dude.

Also I seriously doubt one single texture takes up 425 gigs of memory. NOTHING has that much memory. If you're talking 425 gigs of hard drive SPACE... then something is TRIBBLE with your computer as STO itself is a significant FRACTION of that size. You sure that there wasn't a . anywhere in that number? Could it have been 4.25?

There are a lot of factors we need to consider.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jaffastargatejaffastargate Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it was that much. actually it was 424.9 GB but still. but that happened only once. usual is 100-800 MBs. and it ain't the computer. my brother has almost a complete replica of mine.. aside from a few programs we don't share. and he doesn't have those problems. but still. and btw.. the 425 gb thingie happened when i changed my graphics to the pure minimum possible. after the crash that happened before the last one.
    It is Fairly Obvious that They Don't Want me to Stick around.

08E90F14F47C7BC013D19B2D5E9591D78C4185F9
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    That is very odd...

If you're brother's got pretty much the same build as you... what are the variables between your two systems? And just as a completely out in left field idea... how long ago have you done maintenance like a defrag or virus scan?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it was that much. actually it was 424.9 GB but still. but that happened only once. usual is 100-800 MBs. and it ain't the computer. my brother has almost a complete replica of mine.. aside from a few programs we don't share. and he doesn't have those problems. but still. and btw.. the 425 gb thingie happened when i changed my graphics to the pure minimum possible. after the crash that happened before the last one.
    I do not believer you understand what a Gigabyte is. Most graphics cards are in the 1-2 GB range. No card could try to open anything that large. 425 GB is nearly half my entire C Drive - as I have a 1 TB hard drive.

I am using a GTX 960 card, with everything set on Max, and I am not using all of my card's memory. I have 2 video screens and often have the game running in screen 1 and various website open on screen 2.

Maybe you need to tell us what your rig is? Processessor, video card, memory, etc.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015

424 G for a texture is so insane.... it really isn't happening. (Pic of the directory entry holding a 424 G file, or it didn't happen) Besides, textures aren't swapped to disk like that, 1:1 (you'll have a Windows swapfile, but that won't tell you anything about individual textures, really).

Your video memory can't hold a 424 G image either, of course. :)

So, either you're imagining things, or you have some extreme cross-linked file-sh*t going on (beyond what would allow your Windows to even run normally, I'd think). So, in that case, do a clean install, stop visiting TRIBBLE and/or warez sites, to attract them malware stuffz, and reinstall STO too.

Or, if the 424 G was just a message in a popup or something, it really *would* be a 'reporting error', for a change. :P (Like a pointer to a void number being interpreted as an insanely huge one).

In every case, though, your computer/install appears to be thoroughly messed up.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OP sounds like you got a nasty trojan or virus from a questionable site. I bet you have no firewall, no antis spyware running either. If you are on an Apple and think you are immune think again and if a Win platform and you only have defender running you are asking for it. You issues sound like a virus that has hijacked or piggybacked onto files needed for the game and is taking over you hard drive and system.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OP sounds like you got a nasty trojan or virus from a questionable site. I bet you have no firewall, no antis spyware running either.

yes, this was also my though. you 3d card is maybe also damaged. if you can, try an other 3d card; maybe the one from your brother's computer.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Your results are not typical. Please see your tech doctor if symptoms persist for more than 4 hours.

Sounds like one or more of:

Hard disk failing / file system corrupted
    Virus / trojan
    Overclocked CPU, RAM, video card
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    if you have an nvidia card reinstall the drivers from around feb/march.
    the new/current one is buggy. and really doesnt like sto.

Oh frack...
    I just updated my driver for my GT-720 NVidia Saturday night.

That's probably why I'm having trouble staying in the game tonight.

Thanks for the heads up.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I hate to say it but I believe him. Since season 10 launch I get video card crashes at minimum settings and it will say the failure happened trying to open a 64x64 image. That was the smallest, it has claimed crash failure for 64x64, 128x128, 256x256 images. In addition to synch timeout.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.