test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A battle for Risa

cptmbateman79cptmbateman79 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
Kind of a silly thought but I thought it be cool and fun at the same time. Was on Risa earlier today doing one of the games and there were small explossions in the backgroiund. Thought to myself wouldn't it be funny if the Iconians decided to crash our party?

It's not like we are unarmed or anything playing on the planet, but if the war was brought here it be ani interesting turn of events. We have our powerboards and floaters be pretty cool to fly around shooting Iconians, hell a little hand to hand combat thrown in for good measure.

Alright stupid thoughts over, back to your regular programs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally, I like he idea that the Risa Event is one of the few things we do not need to pew-pew for in the game. I have nothing against Iconians attacking Risa, but it would end up just feeling like pew-pew for no other reason then to throw in some pew-pew, IMO.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My hooves are tired of pulling the trigger. Leave Risa alone! :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wouldn't it be fun if the Iconians came to Risa and challenge us to a dance off? I personaly would love to see T'ket etc "get served" lol. :P
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Waaaaave you hands."
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    T'Ket: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
    Player: "Dance off, bro. Me and you."
    T'Ket: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
    Player: "I'm distracting you, you big TRIBBLE blossom"
    w8xekp.jpg
  • PhaserReign77PhaserReign77 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can see it. All our dance instructor and quest givers are replaced by Iconians, failure = death.

Dance Portion

T'Ket: <disembodied voice> Wave your hands~~~~

Player 1: <does so>

Player 2: <Does so>

Player 3: <hit the wrong button>

T'Ket: Failure would not be tolerated! <Fire beam t dancer and kills Player 3>

Power Surf:

This time, last person to cross the finish line get vaporize and 15 Lolhunt favors. They're not complete bad guys.

Horga Hunt:

You need to beat the Iconian to the punch or you only get 1 Lolhut favor.

Build Sand castle:

Icoanians can come and kick over your sand castle.

New Rewards:

Iconian Bikini where it's a bikini made out of dead Heralds parts. So that mean it is racy.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't mind it, as it will give me an Iconian to actually fight. Other than hearing fake blogs about it. However the others will complain how it messed up their Risa experience. And ruined their fun.

It will be like the Scourge Invasion WoW had. I loved it, while others hated and fussed it ruined their gaming.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've heard they might be retiring the old Risa map (the "Classic Beach") from the game. An Iconian attack there might be a good way to give it a sendoff, the same way the Undine attack on ESD in "Surface Tension" was used to retire the old ESD interior map.
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind it, as it will give me an Iconian to actually fight. Other than hearing fake blogs about it. However the others will complain how it messed up their Risa experience. And ruined their fun.

It will be like the Scourge Invasion WoW had. I loved it, while others hated and fussed it ruined their gaming.

I remember that patch. I'd force my character to be changed into a ghoul, take the portal from Shatt to SW and infect the Alliance. It was AWESOME!
  • cptmbateman79cptmbateman79 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    powerboard races woth the Iconians, with a little pew pew
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't know why some other players have this strange obsession with the iconian war and seem to be under the impression that iconians are going to start poping up left right and centre no matter where you are or what your doing.

your in ESD or qo'nos doing some banking or accessing the exchange and suddenly there are iconians everywhere and its pew pew.
    your happily doing an stf or some other qued mission and suddenly iconians pop up and join the battle.
    or perhaps your doing a foundry mission and iconians come to spoil your game.
    or your just doing "flying high" on risa for the ship and boom! no ship for you chum, iconians are here to spoil your day.
    and maybe you was just half way through “Horga'hn Hunt" , “Castles in the Sand" or “Making Waves" and no you cant have any Lohlunat Favors, iconians are here to steal them from you.

no other foe that we have faced has ever caused this kind of random intrusion, not borg or undine or even dominion so why should this be any different with iconians?

players moan like crazy about Disco Ball Bombs interrupting their game what would they be like if iconians started doing that.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited June 2015
    I don't know why some other players have this strange obsession with the iconian war and seem to be under the impression that iconians are going to start poping up left right and centre no matter where you are or what your doing.

your in ESD or qo'nos doing some banking or accessing the exchange and suddenly there are iconians everywhere and its pew pew.
    your happily doing an stf or some other qued mission and suddenly iconians pop up and join the battle.
    or perhaps your doing a foundry mission and iconians come to spoil your game.
    or your just doing "flying high" on risa for the ship and boom! no ship for you chum, iconians are here to spoil your day.
    and maybe you was just half way through “Horga'hn Hunt" , “Castles in the Sand" or “Making Waves" and no you cant have any Lohlunat Favors, iconians are here to steal them from you.

no other foe that we have faced has ever caused this kind of random intrusion, not borg or undine or even dominion so why should this be any different with iconians?

players moan like crazy about Disco Ball Bombs interrupting their game what would they be like if iconians started doing that.

I just had a crazy idea that's all. It's called the Iconian war. It's not suppose to be quiet while we party, just a little fun idea I was thinking
    edited June 2015
    I just had a crazy idea that's all. It's called the Iconian war. It's not suppose to be quiet while we party, just a little fun idea I was thinking

well they had to call it something I guess the iconian war was most appropriate, though I suppose they could have used anything but what about the fed Klingon war or the undine war or the dominion war.
    you all seem to forget how many wars we have had in this game and think this one should be somehow different from all the others.

I suspect in the next season update or expansion there will be yet another war from some as yet unknown enemy that's the thing that keeps us playing but it doesn't mean it will be any different then all the others that have preceded it.

and even now you can still take part fighting Klingons if you are fed or fed if you are Klingon, take on the undine or the dominion or even the borg.
    and when they bring in the next enemy you will still be able to battle the iconians.

that's just the way the game is but it would be a bit strange when they bring in this new enemy if iconians are still poping up on risa and other places.
    that's why all the conflicts that are forever ongoing are all kept in their own little part of the game and don't randomly affect others.

it is done this way so each day you can choose whatever enemy you fancy, if you fancy going up against the breen you can play that stuff or tal shiar or the tholians or whatever or you can chill out on risa or during the winter event in wonderland without fear of encountering anything to spoil you day.

just imagine you was short on time one day and just had time to do your flying high for the ship or do a surfboard race so you can raise a monkey and iconians come and you run out of time and miss out on what you were doing, bet you wouldn't think it was fun then.
    especially if you have limited days you can play and miss out on the ship as a result even more so now its get it now or never and any unfinished ship projects are deleted at the end of the event.

edited June 2015
    well they had to call it something I guess the iconian war was most appropriate, though I suppose they could have used anything but what about the fed Klingon war or the undine war or the dominion war.
    you all seem to forget how many wars we have had in this game and think this one should be somehow different from all the others.

I suspect in the next season update or expansion there will be yet another war from some as yet unknown enemy that's the thing that keeps us playing but it doesn't mean it will be any different then all the others that have preceded it.

and even now you can still take part fighting Klingons if you are fed or fed if you are Klingon, take on the undine or the dominion or even the borg.
    and when they bring in the next enemy you will still be able to battle the iconians.

that's just the way the game is but it would be a bit strange when they bring in this new enemy if iconians are still poping up on risa and other places.
    that's why all the conflicts that are forever ongoing are all kept in their own little part of the game and don't randomly affect others.

it is done this way so each day you can choose whatever enemy you fancy, if you fancy going up against the breen you can play that stuff or tal shiar or the tholians or whatever or you can chill out on risa or during the winter event in wonderland without fear of encountering anything to spoil you day.

just imagine you was short on time one day and just had time to do your flying high for the ship or do a surfboard race so you can raise a monkey and iconians come and you run out of time and miss out on what you were doing, bet you wouldn't think it was fun then.
    especially if you have limited days you can play and miss out on the ship as a result even more so now its get it now or never and any unfinished ship projects are deleted at the end of the event.

Oh I understand that, and i Know all that. When you tote it as pushing to the endame that was my reasoning. I'm sure there is going to be something else out there, that we would have to fight. Honestly don't know what that could be since the Iconians were always suppose to be the big enemies. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the "Others" were the Hercs
    edited June 2015
    Oh I understand that, and i Know all that. When you tote it as pushing to the endame that was my reasoning. I'm sure there is going to be something else out there, that we would have to fight. Honestly don't know what that could be since the Iconians were always suppose to be the big enemies. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the "Others" were the Hercs

but you forget the golden rule, no matter how big you are you'll always find someone bigger.

I believe this applies here, no matter how many all powerful enemy the devs throw at us you can bet your life they have always got a more powerful one waiting in the wings to take us on for as long as the game will last.
    and they will try to get us to buy bigger and better ships and spend dilithium upgrading our weapons and more and more.

they may be new enemy or possibly old enemy with more advanced weapons who knows but as the old saying goes "you ain't seen nothing yet".
    you think this is endgame, this is just the beginning.

think I`m wrong, just think of this, why would the devs go to all the trouble of redesigning all of sector space with completely new graphics plus taking down the borders and such if this was the endgame.

edited June 2015
    but you forget the golden rule, no matter how big you are you'll always find someone bigger.

I believe this applies here, no matter how many all powerful enemy the devs throw at us you can bet your life they have always got a more powerful one waiting in the wings to take us on for as long as the game will last.
    and they will try to get us to buy bigger and better ships and spend dilithium upgrading our weapons and more and more.

they may be new enemy or possibly old enemy with more advanced weapons who knows but as the old saying goes "you ain't seen nothing yet".
    you think this is endgame, this is just the beginning.

think I`m wrong, just think of this, why would the devs go to all the trouble of redesigning all of sector space with completely new graphics plus taking down the borders and such if this was the endgame.

Like I said I remember reading something a few months ago before Delta Recruits came out, saying heading towards the Endgame. Not saying that will happen, but I do remember reading about it.

Like I was saying in my last post, there could be the Hercs, or if they really want too, they can start using things from the books, with Destiny coming to mind.
  • rogerthelegendrogerthelegend Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You Have To Fight
    Ddoododo
    For Your Right
    Dooddodo
    To Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrtay!
    What if I said, I actually liked Delta Rising
    These are the voyages of The U.S.S. Shadow Serpent, its ongoing mission, to enlist more misfits to its crazy crew, and to boldly destroy what has never been destroyed before
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The war is over by the time of the summer event. Remember that not all the content - even repeatable - is set at the same time. The Borg STFs are before the Romulan rep story, and the only content that's set during the war is the current set of episodes and the Herald STFs.

The first summer event was 2409, and there have been three since. The war is in 2410, and the current summer event is 2413.
  • meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    since risa is mostly a water planet...how about

Risian BZ: underwater VS iconians!

(Luckily, i've got the submarine mod already slotted on my aeon so i can make strafing runs while everyone else is irunning around in scuba suits and enviro suits....)
    edited June 2015
    Like I said I remember reading something a few months ago before Delta Recruits came out, saying heading towards the Endgame. Not saying that will happen, but I do remember reading about it.

Like I was saying in my last post, there could be the Hercs, or if they really want too, they can start using things from the books, with Destiny coming to mind.

it depends how you define endgame, to me endgame is just anything you do after you`ve finished levelling up.
    before the change that was anything you did after you reached level 50 now that has changed to anything you do after you reach level 60.

some might class endgame as anything you do after you fill all of your specializations.

but it does not necessarily mean nothing more will be added ever.

I don't know how it was meant where you read it but possibly endgame for the iconians although as I said before these things never really end.

I am pretty sure it doesn't mean nothing more to be added to sto, I remember reading somewhere they already have plans in the works for where to take the game next.

• ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would challenge an Iconian to a Dance off. (like Guardians of the Galaxy)
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Personally, I like he idea that the Risa Event is one of the few things we do not need to pew-pew for in the game. I have nothing against Iconians attacking Risa, but it would end up just feeling like pew-pew for no other reason then to throw in some pew-pew, IMO.

it wouldnt be so bad if it was timed but random so it cant happen every 5 minutes but more like every few hours or something then it can happen any time after that then repeat etc.

I mean so long as it doesnt happen too much I dont see the harm. a couple times a day or something lol
    edited June 2015
    it wouldnt be so bad if it was timed but random so it cant happen every 5 minutes but more like every few hours or something then it can happen any time after that then repeat etc.

I mean so long as it doesnt happen too much I dont see the harm. a couple times a day or something lol

Something like that be cool. I mean we had tp fight Snorg in the winter, that was fun to do for a bit, they could do a setup like that. Hell mayne do that setup in the volcano or by the arches lol.

Sorry about this one since I am not aware of how to post multile quotes yet. As for the Endgame, I was not thinking along those lines what so ever and feel like a total noob on that one :(
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So... we gonna see T'nae strangle T'ket with her Bikini Top? :D

But to be serious: No, I don't want to see Risa becoming a war zone.
    I've heard they might be retiring the old Risa map (the "Classic Beach") from the game. An Iconian attack there might be a good way to give it a sendoff, the same way the Undine attack on ESD in "Surface Tension" was used to retire the old ESD interior map.

The whole point the old map is still there is because Risa is a big planet & could have as many regions/maps just added to it. Only reason to remove it if they are planning to re-do the same map.

Otherwise I'm quite happy that there is a quieter Risa place available; with each new addition the Resort map moves away from laid back paradise to Disney world. Both are good; love that paradise theme park style but don't like to see the other map being killed off for the sake of it.
    edited June 2015
    Something like that be cool. I mean we had tp fight Snorg in the winter, that was fun to do for a bit, they could do a setup like that. Hell mayne do that setup in the volcano or by the arches lol.

Sorry about this one since I am not aware of how to post multile quotes yet. As for the Endgame, I was not thinking along those lines what so ever and feel like a total noob on that one :(
    it depends how you define endgame, to me endgame is just anything you do after you`ve finished levelling up.
    before the change that was anything you did after you reached level 50 now that has changed to anything you do after you reach level 60.

some might class endgame as anything you do after you fill all of your specializations.

but it does not necessarily mean nothing more will be added ever.

I don't know how it was meant where you read it but possibly endgame for the iconians although as I said before these things never really end.

I am pretty sure it doesn't mean nothing more to be added to sto, I remember reading somewhere they already have plans in the works for where to take the game next.
    So... we gonna see T'nae strangle T'ket with her Bikini Top? :D

But to be serious: No, I don't want to see Risa becoming a war zone.

The whole point the old map is still there is because Risa is a big planet & could have as many regions/maps just added to it. Only reason to remove it if they are planning to re-do the same map.

Otherwise I'm quite happy that there is a quieter Risa place available; with each new addition the Resort map moves away from laid back paradise to Disney world. Both are good; love that paradise theme park style but don't like to see the other map being killed off for the sake of it.

Now if they want to just give the Classic beach a send off, I agree blast it like they did with ESD. Although in all honesty I think it was a dumb idea changing it for everybody including the noobs, but I'm sure the code would not have worked out for the way i was thinking and probably been to complicated. I think everybody who was under 50 should have been seeing the old ESD and all of us above 50 the new one. Once again I know it probably wasn't practical.

Anywho back to the original topic. The destruction of the classic beach would be a pretty good send off, so why not? Also I see what you're saying with the Disney Risa, but I also can see the point of cryptic. You need to add and remove things so players keep coming back.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Now if they want to just give the Classic beach a send off, I agree blast it like they did with ESD. Although in all honesty I think it was a dumb idea changing it for everybody including the noobs, but I'm sure the code would not have worked out for the way i was thinking and probably been to complicated. I think everybody who was under 50 should have been seeing the old ESD and all of us above 50 the new one. Once again I know it probably wasn't practical.

Anywho back to the original topic. The destruction of the classic beach would be a pretty good send off, so why not? Also I see what you're saying with the Disney Risa, but I also can see the point of cryptic. You need to add and remove things so players keep coming back.

Add and renew or replace with improved versions of the same meaning. Just removal had never good fedback for them. Not that it stops them doing it anyway. And I could see them killing off the old map just because its not up to their current standarts. It just seems like such a waste of energy to remove it if no same day replacement is planned. Its not like ppl are prevented to visit the real deal because of it.
    edited June 2015
    Add and renew or replace with improved versions of the same meaning. Just removal had never good fedback for them. Not that it stops them doing it anyway. And I could see them killing off the old map just because its not up to their current standarts. It just seems like such a waste of energy to remove it if no same day replacement is planned. Its not like ppl are prevented to visit the real deal because of it.

Honestly who visits Risa any other time of the year? They can just revamp the classic or just say bye bye. It's only a busy place during the Summer months and only during the event. They should do something to keep it busy year round
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Either way you are simply turning the Event into more pew-pew. You are talking one of the few things in the game that does not require you to shoot something and adding shooting to it. That is the issue, IMO.

And while you say only do it a "couple of times a day," that means there would be a lot of people who would never get to experience because it is not happening when they are playing - and one of those people could be you. So what is the point of having it that way?
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited June 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Either way you are simply turning the Event into more pew-pew. You are talking one of the few things in the game that does not require you to shoot something and adding shooting to it. That is the issue, IMO.

And while you say only do it a "couple of times a day," that means there would be a lot of people who would never get to experience because it is not happening when they are playing - and one of those people could be you. So what is the point of having it that way?

That's very true. Also I think maybe if they do it during the off season then there can be pew pew and not bother others.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The only guns we need on Risa are water guns with a Risa version of Tide of Ice.

If there were any "real" weapons allowed that would mean to allow Kit modules too and that would end in chaos