test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invisible

pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This Bug started with expantion and I made report on forum about this problem.
Items are invisible:
- Rifles,
- Powerboards on risa,
- etc
I will show everything with images

Capture.png
image upload

Capture3.png
pic hosting

Capture4.png
image ru

Capture8.png
images upload

Capture7.png
free pic

There are even more images like this. I can not see weapons, people, powerboards, ...
Do not say it is my computer, internet or settings or to reinstall the game because I treid it all.
Post edited by pec3 on

Comments

• grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    no a swipe at you be what stands out at me is those images are what I would consider low quality graphics. Looks like safe mode to me. Just bringing that up because my point is it doesn't seem to be an issue with game settings.

I see headless people etc on Risa. Don't see my jet pack etc
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I even tried to improve game settings, but there is problem with criptic.

Last year, and even before expantion I could see powerboard, ground weapons, space weapons working, bugs in 1 or 2 PVE laging.
    After expantion nothing works normally.
    Defera bugs Before expantions was only City Hard Mission (and that lasts for years), after expantion Probe and Power Plant Hard. For few weeks power plant worked normally but there is still a a bug that we must change instance in order to work if that is possible. We where thinking that they fixed problem with that but they still have it.
    Dyson battlezone I have one problem with collecting this "pink things" that I need for 2 ground missions because after expantion I do not see them.
    When I press "V" I do not see where to go after this expantion.
    I have to get close to my char to see it event that makes problems.
    edited June 2015
    This is after expantion.

This is how the gun and some light effects disappear
    https://youtu.be/QYVLBWqUExw

This is how the light effects in the ship disappear
    https://youtu.be/nQ-v6Vt01Yc
    https://youtu.be/PFNvsy0gFVk

This is how some effects in space combat disappear, sometimes I just see my ship exploding for no apparent reason, and probably the torpedoes that I received were invisible.
    https://youtu.be/x-1eq5WIH_k

Also in the character screen there are some light effects missing and no guns or devices are shown in the crew.
    edited June 2015
    Even if we change game grafics it only fix few problems, makes more and main problems are still here.
  • littletonnielittletonnie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i have nearly the same issue: cant see ground weapons and when scanning the area the beam not showing up only if i zoom in very close pls fix it asap :sweat:
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    pec3 wrote: »
    I even tried to improve game settings, but there is problem with criptic.

Last year, and even before expantion I could see powerboard, ground weapons, space weapons working, bugs in 1 or 2 PVE laging.
    After expantion nothing works normally.
    Defera bugs Before expantions was only City Hard Mission (and that lasts for years), after expantion Probe and Power Plant Hard. For few weeks power plant worked normally but there is still a a bug that we must change instance in order to work if that is possible. We where thinking that they fixed problem with that but they still have it.
    Dyson battlezone I have one problem with collecting this "pink things" that I need for 2 ground missions because after expantion I do not see them.
    When I press "V" I do not see where to go after this expantion.
    I have to get close to my char to see it event that makes problems.

Defera always had probe and power plant hard bugged. Since i can remember lol. But what is happening is that the bug is not persistent, you can find it or not. Its random. And no it was never fixed. Defera was abandoned years ago and the devs never worked on it since then.

Did you tried to increase your graphic quality settings to see if it fix it? as the other guy said, it looks like your grahpic settings are so low that the game engine is avoiding to paint some textures.

It could also mean that you dont have enough video memory to paint those textures. Check your video card memory settings in the game and try to lower the values.

Also we all know the game engine is causing a lot of trouble. And some graphic effects dissapear and it is not the user problem. But his case in particular seem more your end.
    edited June 2015
    With Defera it was only city that was bugged for years. From expantion we could even add power plant and probe. Probe is for now working normally in one way, but power plant it happends now less then it was.
    I tried to improve game settings, it does not work. From first time that I installed this game I only improved it's light settings so I can see game better. Before expantion I did not have this problems. I use same computer that I installed this game over 2 years ago. I even reinstalled my windsows 7 many times and before this expantion I did not have so many problems. Mabie few lags sometimes and thats it.
    But now I can not:
    - See my Rifle,
    - See my space weapons work in space combat,
    - Lag in PVE Queues a lot,
    - See Powerboard,
    - When I press V I do not see where to go,
    - etc.

It is problem with Cryptic not with my computer or my internet.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    i don't think that this is cryptic's fault. i had a similar problem with my previous computer. it wasn't enough powerful; in my opinion, this is not a problem with your video card, but with how your computer handles the gfx in game. you should try to increase your settings. if you have a good cpu, put the slider to high for graphics -> graphics detail (cpu) -> high. if your video card is very good put the slider on high. personally i have a good cpu but an average video card. my setting, for my video card: graphics-> render details (video card) -> medium and cpu -> high
    With Defera it was only city that was bugged for years. From expantion we could even add power plant and probe. Probe is for now working normally in one way, but power plant it happends now less then it was.
    I tried to improve game settings, it does not work. From first time that I installed this game I only improved it's light settings so I can see game better. Before expantion I did not have this problems. I use same computer that I installed this game over 2 years ago. I even reinstalled my windsows 7 many times and before this expantion I did not have so many problems. Mabie few lags sometimes and thats it.
    But now I can not:
    - See my Rifle,
    - See my space weapons work in space combat,
    - Lag in PVE Queues a lot,
    - See Powerboard,
    - When I press V I do not see where to go,
    - etc.

It is problem with Cryptic not with my computer or my internet.

Dude, stop trolling please. Defera was ALWAYS bugged, since the beginning, City included. What game did you played all these years?? i mean if you even dont know what has been bugged for years and what not.. i mean, im done here lol. And the bug not being able to see your weapons in the character screen... has been going on for years. Maybe you are suffering it right now, but i suffer it since 4 years ago. 3 of my characters are showing invisible outfits and weapons in the character selection screen. Since years ago.
    i don't think that this is cryptic's fault. i had a similar problem with my previous computer. it wasn't enough powerful; in my opinion, this is not a problem with your video card, but with how your computer handles the gfx in game. you should try to increase your settings. if you have a good cpu, put the slider to high for graphics -> graphics detail (cpu) -> high. if your video card is very good put the slider on high. personally i have a good cpu but an average video card. my setting, for my video card: graphics-> render details (video card) -> medium and cpu -> high

You only need a 3-4 years old computer to run this game at maximum settings and a decent framerate. (I do). The game engine and the game itself doesnt require a powerful computer. The problem is the game engine and the UI design is not optimized. So if you think that you have problems because your computer is not powerful enough.. think again.

It is Cryptic's fault. So many stuff that worked just fine for me for so long time is not working and I am using same computer that I buyed little bit before I starter to play this game. I tried Game details on my computer on High and it does not work. I am not only one with this problem. Only thing that is problems is Cryptic not fixing the problems.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    So if you think that you have problems because your computer is not powerful enough.. think again.

if you think that you are right because you think that you are right. think again.

you need to have a fast cpu and a lot of memory to handle correctly this game, yes indeed maybe because it is not optimized; but this is a fact, you need a powerful computer.

@pec3, try again to change your settings, and again and again. you don't need to pu "high" everywhere. play with the shadow settings, the quality of the rendering, the quality of the character etc. it takes time to find the good settings.
    edited July 2015

you need to have a fast cpu and a lot of memory to handle correctly this game, yes indeed maybe because it is not optimized; but this is a fact, you need a powerful computer.

@pec3, try again to change your settings, and again and again. you don't need to pu "high" everywhere. play with the shadow settings, the quality of the rendering, the quality of the character etc. it takes time to find the good settings.

Lol, obviously you dont have a clue about computers. This game can be run in a 4 years old laptop , i used to do it until last year that i switched to a desktop pc. And i was running the game at 1080p with almost every graphic option maxed out. Because this game doesnt need a powerful computer, its old and the game engine is obsolete and bad optimized and thats the reason it struggles a lot in some systems. Period. If you cant see that maybe you need to have more experience playing videogames. The game engine cant handle even fully DX11 and you saying that this game needs a "fast cpu and a lot of memory", sorry but you sound like a complete beginner on the matter.

Last generation games can run fully smooth with computers even older, and star trek online will struggle in the same computer lol.

Some users have high-end computers and still they cant run the game smoothly. What you will say to them?? that they need even a better computer? maybe the best computer of the world? lol, for a 5-years old game?? seriously..

• fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    guys,I have been posting threads on this problem for months.this issue started when season 10 did.it's not a computer issue,it's the game.it seems as if they are ignoring the problem.put in three tickets,nothing happened.
    fletch57 wrote: »
    guys,I have been posting threads on this problem for months.this issue started when season 10 did.it's not a computer issue,it's the game.it seems as if they are ignoring the problem.put in three tickets,nothing happened.

I agree on that. There are stuff that where working good for me before expantion and now they are Broke. People from Cryptic they do not listen players what they have to say. I made posts with all problems that I seen in the game after expantion and they closed because *you must have 1 post with 1 bug report.*
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    Dude, stop trolling please. Defera was ALWAYS bugged, since the beginning, City included. What game did you played all these years?? i mean if you even dont know what has been bugged for years and what not.. i mean, im done here lol. And the bug not being able to see your weapons in the character screen... has been going on for years. Maybe you are suffering it right now, but i suffer it since 4 years ago. 3 of my characters are showing invisible outfits and weapons in the character selection screen. Since years ago.

Who is trolling? And For what?
    Defera was bugged, I agree on that, but I seen only city as bugged, and after expantion also other locations for hard missions. And there are more stuff 2 after expantions that are also invisible on Defera. Like you said it *But what is happening is that the bug is not persistent, you can find it or not. Its random.* I said what I found before expantion and after.
    What game I was playing all this years? I was wondering the same queastion since Some people can see weapons on character screen and in the game some do not, Some people do not have lags, some have bugs some not. And We are playing the same game Star Trek Online and this is from the start.
    I don't know about years,but I noticed the problem at the start of season 10.just say'in.the comment about needing a fast pc is nuts.I'm using an old pentium IV and windows xp and the game was running ok before this.
    I don't know about years,but I noticed the problem at the start of season 10.just say'in.the comment about needing a fast pc is nuts.I'm using an old pentium IV and windows xp and the game was running ok before this.

I seen a problems in this game in 2 years, but what I also seen is that Cryptic fix few problems, makes even more. When People report that problems they start like this Dude sennahcherib to talk stuff like *i don't think that this is cryptic's fault. it is your computer*. Even they blame internet.
    edited July 2015
    I seen a problems in this game in 2 years,

We have bugs present since 4 years ago. Defera is the big and main example of that. Defera had always the same bugs, never fixed. Sometimes it gets better but the bugs are still there. Defera had power plant hard bugged 3-4 years ago. It was bugged 2 years ago and it was bugged a year ago. Back in the days the bugs happened more spreadly and sometimes they will not happen at all. Because back in the days the code was not so messed up like it is right now but they were there. I suffered the plant bug in two or three ocassions in about a few months.And by the way the problem is , it was not the same bug as it is right now, it changed. As time passed, the problems were bigger and bigger. But Defera?? dude thats the main place someone thinks off (at least someone who played this game since the beginning) when bugs are in motion.
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    I seen a problems in this game in 2 years,

We have bugs present since 4 years ago. Defera is the big and main example of that. Defera had always the same bugs, never fixed. Sometimes it gets better but the bugs are still there. Defera had power plant hard bugged 3-4 years ago. It was bugged 2 years ago and it was bugged a year ago. Back in the days the bugs happened more spreadly and sometimes they will not happen at all. Because back in the days the code was not so messed up like it is right now but they were there. I suffered the plant bug in two or three ocassions in about a few months.And by the way the problem is , it was not the same bug as it is right now, it changed. As time passed, the problems were bigger and bigger. But Defera?? dude thats the main place someone thinks off (at least someone who played this game since the beginning) when bugs are in motion.

Defera is main place where anyone thinks about at least 1 bug that lasts for years. We agree that there are bugs in this game and some people feel the effect of this Buggs and some not the same bugs like te others, or non at all. I have reported not all buggs after expantion started, and I even said that problem lasts (if it lasts) longer.
    Now I am making a video of bugs that I feel in this game and I will post it here.
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Have you tried adjusting your Resolution Scale slider in display options? Maybe it reset to a lower value after the patch.
    I had to increase my resolution along with the GPU slider to find a balance when objects disappeared. Weapons, Clothing, etc.
    edited July 2015
    takfel wrote: »
    Have you tried adjusting your Resolution Scale slider in display options? Maybe it reset to a lower value after the patch.
    I had to increase my resolution along with the GPU slider to find a balance when objects disappeared. Weapons, Clothing, etc.

+1. Playing in really low quality options can make some things to lose some drawing textures, ende, being invisibles. It is just a limitation of the game engine.

BUT, this really has nothing to do with the general game engine problem now showing some effects, maybe it is a combination of 2 problems.
    Before expantion my game setting was on default and it worked normally so I can see my weapons, Powerboard on Risa, etc. I tried to change game settings that improves some things visually but it does not solve my problem. So it is problem with the game.
    Game bugg video. This is only a part of buggs in this game, some are after expantion.
    https://youtu.be/AC6BH2OtjhY
  • littletonnielittletonnie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    bump

having same issue
    already sent like 2 tickets already ingame and also on this site
    its just a joke its not fixed yet
    many players have the same issue
    but devs dont even bother or there is absolutely no communication between devs and support
    edited August 2015
    the devs know about it now.getting a fast fix? don't hold your breath.tinkering with the graphics settings does not help.
    the devs know about it now.getting a fast fix? don't hold your breath.tinkering with the graphics settings does not help.

If they know about it whay they do not fix it?