test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Players able to get powerboard speedboosts without boost jumps/speedboosts.

jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
At the beginning of the race, traveling in a straight line, before any speed boosts or jumps, players are able to trigger a speedboost and jet past other players faster than the boards are capable of. (I have the Federation board on my main character, and people with equal or lesser boards are able to get past me somehow even though I started in first and am traveling at max speed.)
Post edited by jediphoenix on

Comments

• Options
    metacloutmetaclout Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here I am curious how they are doing this.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My guess would be that some of the movement-affecting traits and/or passive spec abilities are kicking in when they're not supposed to.

Another possibility is "Frosted Boots", but I thought they fixed that.

Let's see what the Devs say.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've only seen this once so far. It was an unbelievable amount of speed boost. Far in excess of any trait or the ground weapon (run) mod.

The other weird glitch I've seen is some explosion during the dance contest that kicks everyone off them platform. I think it is the commando roll bomb, but I'm not sure how its hitting friendlies.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've only seen this once so far. It was an unbelievable amount of speed boost. Far in excess of any trait or the ground weapon (run) mod.

The other weird glitch I've seen is some explosion during the dance contest that kicks everyone off them platform. I think it is the commando roll bomb, but I'm not sure how its hitting friendlies.

If it was green plasma it will be a skitter from defend romulan station.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If it was green plasma it will be a skitter from defend romulan station.

Not that. I need to see it again and try to get a screenie.
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is a "Start Trick" (not speed boosts) :D...
    All i can say... Perfect Timing
  • Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Speed boosts... Hmmm

I've done the race a number of times on a cheap 50 favour board, and I regularly see my board scream out of the starting gate into first place, then get overtaken by all the expensive boards as you reach the beginning of the right/left chicane that takes you to the first arch, say, 50-100 meters into the course.

I know I'm not wearing ice boots, or using a kit power, or a speed trait, and I know I'm not using a mega fast board. I assume it's a client side/server side discrepancy. where my client shows me ahead until the server tells it otherwise.

I've also noticed other racers obviously suffering from rubber banding in the race, presumably the ones who suffer appalling fps on Risa and post that the race is unplayable.

EDIT:

Also... waiting until after you hear the word 'go' then mashing the W key, won't get you a fast start, there's no trick, it's just better timing and skill, which coincidentally is why some people who bought favours on landing, then bought a mega board, still place behind people on cheaper slower boards at the end of the race.

Not sticking to the Racing Line though the course, crashing into things, forgetting to hold down the W key, or powering down to steer better.

Think of it as the difference between a WASD bfaw pilot and a fly-by-mouse cannon jockey...
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>