test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

http://billing.arcgames.com/en/ not working...want zen

diggingcrumpetdiggingcrumpet Member Posts: 88 Bug Hunter
Hello, I can't find a thread about this, if there is I am sorry. I cannot access http://billing.arcgames.com/en/ it simply says the page cannot be displayed. All other websites and network access is fine, just not this URL. I want to buy a fair bit of zen but cannot as this time.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I hope cryptic sees this.
The game is running fine, even using the buy zen tab in game results in this error.
Any suggestions?

I am located in Australia. Lifetime Sub since launch.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Did you try another browser? I sometimes have problems on Firefox with this page, and almost always on another page. But when I open them in Chrome, they're fine.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    guljarol wrote: »
    Did you try another browser? I sometimes have problems on Firefox with this page, and almost always on another page. But when I open them in Chrome, they're fine.

I just downloaded and installed CROME, the billing url is working there. Must be isolated to internet explorer????

Too bad unfortunately as it is still a used browser.
  • Options
    rkaliusrkalius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have the exact same problem, and just in the last week... also using internet explorer.
    Im not going to switch to a different web browser just for the privledge of giving ARC my money.
    Hopefully this will get fixed in todays patch.
  • Options
    nathankomarannathankomaran Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi.

I also have this problem. So I am going to try loading only the billing page into Chrome. If I have to log in to see it and my account ends up getting locked, I am going to scream the ears off Cryptic!! I mean it!! -_- Because this is getting ridiculous and I only want Zen! Right now!! :mad:
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here when trying to buy zen from in-game. Using a Firefox variant browser called "Pale Moon". Since this is the first time I encounter this I don't like the idea to test some other browsers.

This happens when I try it or when I try to log into arc-games:
    Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.arcgames.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
  • Options
    stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah good. Its not just me. Hope they get to fixing... unless you guys don't want my $ :D
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • Options
    imatari2imatari2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are you guys actually being given the option to buy zen for STO? Because STO isn't showing up for me in the games list.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    imatari2 wrote: »
    Are you guys actually being given the option to buy zen for STO? Because STO isn't showing up for me in the games list.

Nope. I can't even access the billing page in-game! And it's already the 9th of the month!! -_- This is getting seriously ridiculous. If Cryptic/Perfect World/Arc doesn't fix this REAL soon, I am going to spend my hard-earned money elsewhere!! I mean it!! :mad:
  • Options
    hellfiremhellfirem Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hi. i use chrome but i still cant go to the page plus the option to buy zen in game is'nt working for me... it was yesterday tought
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Did you resolve your issue yet, OP?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Did you resolve your issue yet, OP?

Just guessing: No. Assuming he has the same problem as I do.
    Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to billing.arcgames.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

At least we debunked the myth that Arc/PWE does not care about bugs unless it prevents ppl spending money :P

edit: replaced Cryptic with PWE. Since I really don't think its a Cryptic problem but rather a PWE security issue.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Here is the message I get when trying to access Arc's billing page on my browser:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

So since the problem wasn't solved as of today, I guess I won't be playing STO for more than a few minutes at a time each day...Bummer. -_-
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Little update: All the normal ways to buy zen are still not working but the ARC Launcher/Client does the trick as a workaround (at least for me).
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here when trying to buy zen from in-game. Using a Firefox variant browser called "Pale Moon". Since this is the first time I encounter this I don't like the idea to test some other browsers.

This happens when I try it or when I try to log into arc-games:
    Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.arcgames.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

I encountered a similar problem while investigating another issue. I may have even received the exact same error message as you, but unfortunately I didn't copy the error message down. I was also running Firefox. In my case, I fixed the problem by deleting all cookies from arcgames.com. The next time I tried to log in, arcgames.com sent me a new PIN. After entering the new PIN, I could navigate to

https://billing.arcgames.com/en/
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    erikmodierikmodi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    imatari2 wrote: »

Same problem here. Annoying, to say the least.
  • Options
    praetoriakspraetoriaks Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2015
    *BIG FAT BUMP*

> @imatari2 said:
    > Are you guys actually being given the option to buy zen for STO? Because STO isn't showing up for me in the games list.

Have the same issues, however if you hit the blue link 'manage subscription' or 'manage billing information', which you can find in your ARC account page, you are taken to cryptics website and your account there. If youre lucky you can log in there (didn't work at first) and confirm your subs. Not sure why they don't show up on our ARC accounts (yet?). I personally thought I lost both my lifetime subs!

I thought I found a work around for the ZEN charge problem as the cryptic pages had a link for it. Alas that link loops you back to ARC and yeah.... log in again and get the cant find page issue.

And yet all I wanted to know is if ARC by any chance works with BOKU. Not the most efficient means of paying but when youre about to cancel your phone subscription with nearly 250 euros still sitting on it you want to dump... I mean use it up on anything. Guess War Thunder is about to get richer, sorry ARC you snooze you loose.

All right all right, how about I give you till December to straighten this all out? Ain't I the greatest, even after you turned STO into a pile of dung I still give you opportunities to redeem.... *cough*
  • Options
    penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I tried to buy Zen today and when I click 'Checkout' the spinning busy symbol appears and does nothing. This isn't a simple matter of emptying cache which every support department uses as a stock reply ( I know, I work in IT Support), right along with "Have you tried turning it off and on again." I have tried the same thing using Chrome, Microsoft Edge and the in-game ARC browser and I am unable to get past the spinning wheel.

I have raised a ticket, but I expect they will just ask me to clear my cache, delete cookies and reboot. Either that or tell me it has been filed as a bug in about five weeks time.

In the meantime, I have money I want to throw at Arc, but they seem to not want it.
  • Options
    datalives#1627 datalives Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    this is what i posted on the sticky post about zen layers.
    Arc:
    Problem buying Zen - Go through the stages, click on checkout and all stops - nothing happens.

Edge: As Arc

Chrome: As Arc

Tried laptop with 3 different browsers - (safari, chrome, i.e.) all cleared etc. of history. Laptop cant get to billing arc.

Loaded old I.E. 11 - and it comes up with:

This page can’t be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://billing.arcgames.com again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol. Please contact the site administrator.

Even though I.E. has the options ticked for TLS fine.
    A selection of my STO windows background ScreenShots
    http://www.risk-gaming.com/content.php B)
    @Datalives
    United Federation 55th
  • Options
    stduopollexstduopollex Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The reason it doesn't work is because some browsers no longer support (for good reason) the horribly broken RC4 cipher. Unfortunately, it seems whoever configured their TLS frontend's cipher suite enabled ONLY this cipher.

Refer to: https://ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=billing.arcgames.com

Some of their other web properties are broken in the same fashion.

Ideally they'd support ECDHE key exchange and counter-mode ciphers (AES-GCM).
  • Options
    penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    The reason it doesn't work is because some browsers no longer support (for good reason) the horribly broken RC4 cipher. Unfortunately, it seems whoever configured their TLS frontend's cipher suite enabled ONLY this cipher.

Nice work there.That is pretty conclusive stuff. Support got back to me about my ticket and I have sent them screenshots and a link to that results page. Hopefully they can figure something out. Maybe someone forgot to pay their SSL certificate bill or something :)
  • Options

Nice work there.That is pretty conclusive stuff. Support got back to me about my ticket and I have sent them screenshots and a link to that results page. Hopefully they can figure something out. Maybe someone forgot to pay their SSL certificate bill or something :)

The x509 certificate is valid, the problem is the cipher suite is poorly chosen. This kind of misconfiguration should really be immediately obvious to technical staff. Hopefully they'll fix that shortly.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I've had this problem since the end of May.
    I've just been using the Arc Client for buying my ZEN then turning it off.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    Hi, I just tested this again and seeing the same results using internet explorer edge. Crytic/PWE this is not very good for you, I feel sorry for you. Please fix for your own sake!

http://imgur.com/Vj4I6wz
  • Options
    Hi, I just tested this again and seeing the same results using internet explorer edge. Crytic/PWE this is not very good for you, I feel sorry for you. Please fix for your own sake!

http://imgur.com/Vj4I6wz

Looks like they've enabled TLS1.0 protocol support which will make it work for some older browsers again, but they've yet to fix the (horrible) cipher suite, so it's still broken on some modern browsers that disable (for very good reasons) RC4.
  • Options
    datalives#1627 datalives Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Still couldnt use the normal means of credit card option --- used skrill one which took creditcard details fine (Europe).
    A selection of my STO windows background ScreenShots
    http://www.risk-gaming.com/content.php B)
    @Datalives
    United Federation 55th
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2015

They've updated their cipher suites. I posted this in another thread:

frtoaster wrote: »
    So they've finally stopped using RC4. I'm currently seeing the following cipher suites instead of TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/in
    TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

https://support.arcgames.com/
    TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

https://billing.arcgames.com/en/chargenew/
    TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

However, Firefox does not consider the support page and the billing page to be secure, because they contain unecrypted images.

Firefox does not consider certain pages on arcgames.com to be secure

Also, billing.arcgames.com supports a cipher suite with no authentication.

billing.arcgames.com supports anonymous cipher suite

One thing that I find strange is that the different subdomains of arcgames.com have different TLS configurations. SSL Labs gives support.arcgames.com a grade of A, www.arcgames.com a grade of B, and billing.arcgames.com a grade of F.

And Arc still hasn't removed the vulnerable version of Flash.

Arc installs vulnerable version of Flash
    Arc client insists on installing outdated flash plugin
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    archangelxomegaarchangelxomega Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i wanted to buy zen for star trek online as well. to buy the race caitin for federation, i just started the game and immediately wanna buy the new race at the start area, I tried using steam wallet but since my steam wallet is in Rupiah because I am in indonesia, it looks like it doesn't respond at all (and yes steam overlay is on). the other option is buying it from their website using paypal.

i got paypal, but every time i try to get to the "charge" option to buy zen and told to pick a game, there is no Star trek online in the games selection at all. I mean wtf? why are they making it so hard for me to buy zen?
  • Options
    archangelxomegaarchangelxomega Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ok i just found out something weird.... why is it the star trek online option appear on "CHARGE" menu? but after i log in the star trek online option dissappear? how am I supposed to get zen?

I have the screenshot to show what happened but i can't post links cause apparently it says I need to be "around" a while longer