test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players with boffs on defera invasion zone

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
No idea how they're doing it but I've been seeing players with full away teams of bridge officers on the Defera Invasion Zone ground map. And it's not just 1 player I saw, I've seen at least 2 with boffs. 1 player at the base camp with a full team of boffs and another inside the easy mode area of the power plant.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Its a long standing Exploit...

Involves Jumping through 4-5 Hoops. Picking and Dropping certain missions and doing other stuffs.

I don't have the details though..
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    go to powerplant easy, say '/fillpetteamlist', and bobs your uncle.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's not always being done that way. Twice I've been on a 3 man team, finished Power plant hard and when I went back to the surface, the game randomly padded the rest of the team out with some of my boffs. Never did anything else. Just.... left the pwoer plant.

Funny thing is, when it happened and only gave me 1 boff, I could start the medium mission despite the team being only me and my one boff. But there's also been glitches were it said I needed to be on a team of 3-5 people to start the City hard mission, despite being on a team of 5 actual people (and no, the boff glitched hadn't happened on that run).

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That is not a bug. It is a well-known feature, because getting full teams is difficult.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can it be? Having a real game exploit ohohooo... :D
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2015
    grylak wrote: »
    It's not always being done that way. Twice I've been on a 3 man team, finished Power plant hard and when I went back to the surface, the game randomly padded the rest of the team out with some of my boffs. Never did anything else. Just.... left the pwoer plant.

Funny thing is, when it happened and only gave me 1 boff, I could start the medium mission despite the team being only me and my one boff. But there's also been glitches were it said I needed to be on a team of 3-5 people to start the City hard mission, despite being on a team of 5 actual people (and no, the boff glitched hadn't happened on that run).

If you have to change instances while on Power Plant Hard missions to find a working Node it will also fill in missing team members till there are 5.

All Easy and Medium Missions can be completed solo only Hard missions require a team of 3 to start and everyone must be in close proximity to the start node which varies for different missions [city seems to have the shortest proximity needed irrc]

All Hard missions can be completed by a decent team of 3 players [completed them yesterday where i was low man at lvl 7, since you get auto-leveled to 50]

If having trouble finding teams on Defera join the KDFDefera and FedDefera channels to help I keep several alts parked in orbit for leveling purposes myself.

Minimum level to get there was 5 before the sector wall change still seems to be lvl 5 for Fed and Kdf haven't tried a Rom lately. Roms used to require lvl 15 to unlock the sector space transition mission, to reach Defera.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you know ... the sad part is that they will probably fix that and leave a bunch of other worse things broken ... like the city that constantly broken ... but make it worst, as before.

but the "7 minutes wait to compleete city", was better than the "can't finish city because borg doesn't get out of rack"

last time they tried to fix it, and made it worst ... it was so bad, people wished for the old "Waite 7 minutes" bug, which was better than the "can't get this done"

other bug was on power plant, in instance 1, where it wouldn't reset, so no one could complete power plant for weeks.

currently, the city bug were borg doesn't come out of rack only shows up very rarely, and Defera is doable.

so, i ask how is this "affecting" you're game play in a bad way ?
    i am afraid every time they tweak things, because it breaks other things and makes it worst and we have to endure the problems for weeks or moths.

Currently, i have a bug were, wile having the MAP opened "M":
    "E" causes the map to "zoom in", (Q slows ship properly) so i can't have the map opened, wile maneuvering in combat, because using "E" to "TRY" to accelerate the ship, zoom the map instead.

- not every one has the problem.
    - some people have the problem in 1 pc, but not in 2nd pc.
    - does not seem to be a key bind on "E"

Hypothesis :
    - it's possible that the map feature got bugged and the key bind is related with the map "file function" itself instead of the "key bind file" that stores the key binds.

this issue is available for me since season 8 and haven't been fixed yet.
    i have posted but haven't done much fuss about it, out of disbelieve it would ever be fixed.

you have renewed my faith in you're habitability's to fix stuff, like the space bofs falling off the ship bridges all the time, which was a serious bug.

would be very nice if you could fix or help fix the bug were "E" zooms the map, when the map is opened (which only occurs in some clients) because that is a bug that actually harms a lot of players and game play. thank you :)