test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pet Pouch and Utility Belt

xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
Ever since I collected a full set of rare and purple birds at Risa my bank and inventory has seemed more like a zoo... I keep buying inventory slots, but it's now 3/Quarters full and alot of it is pets and devices. What I can't fit in my inventory, I try to store in my full bank, BUT I can't use pets from there so I try to put as many possible in the inventory... and same story with devices.

I'm using my bridge officer device slots to store every type of ground device/pets imaginable (hint: it's one of the safest places to put tribbles so they don't eat your food.)... and all slots are full to bursting. Yet more are added every year. I've stopped claiming any more unless it's really special for lack of room.

Some ideas to solve this is either place pets in a tab of their own or add a Pet Pouch to the personal Status screen where you can slot pets in yourself.

For personal devices, you can expand the current slots or change it into a utility belt-type interface, similar to the kit; where you can add or change devices as necessary like you change modules. And both the Pet Pouch and Utility belt could be expandable so you can add more slots if desired.

Can we expect to see improvements for these?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Long requested and never even commented on by Cryptic (at least that I recall).

I think they are more interested in selling inventory slots then providing a good player experience on this point.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A pet collection system needs to happen at this point. Doing so can only increase the chance that players might be willing buy store pets and participate in events where pets are rewarded.

Players win because they can finally make a reasonable attempt to "catch 'em all."

Cryptic wins because people will might actually start buying pets from in the store.

Cryptic also wins because a collection system opens the door to more overall--accolades, or perhaps even some other game content involving noncombat pets.

Tribbles are another thing entirely. We own ships, so why can't we have a quarantined "tribble storage." And on the subject of tribbles, it really is time to allow every tribble to do the out-of-combat heal in addition to any buffs.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I've been wanting a seperate Pet tab in our banks for a long time now. I've got a lot of space and ground pets and my bank is kinda cluttered.
    Heck... it would be cool if they gave us a seperate Pet Inventory area like they did with R&D.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shaitan100shaitan100 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sometmes you just gotta let go of things. pick ur fav bird or whatever and delete the rest. unless ur a hardcore collector... pet bank would be nice, but doubtful at this point.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aesica wrote: »
    A pet collection system needs to happen at this point. Doing so can only increase the chance that players might be willing buy store pets and participate in events where pets are rewarded.

Players win because they can finally make a reasonable attempt to "catch 'em all."

Cryptic wins because people will might actually start buying pets from in the store.

Cryptic also wins because a collection system opens the door to more overall--accolades, or perhaps even some other game content involving noncombat pets.

Tribbles are another thing entirely. We own ships, so why can't we have a quarantined "tribble storage." And on the subject of tribbles, it really is time to allow every tribble to do the out-of-combat heal in addition to any buffs.

All good points. A seperate tribble breeding area is not a bad idea, but I don't think those designers like us giving them ideas lol... so much room to be creative, I'll leave it up to their imagination.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    True , I hardly buy pets , if they were reallocated and we had a little section where it shows a wheel of fortune like pet icon selection system completely out of inventory , I would buy more pets. However right now I have ginger bread men, women , aliens, snowmen , birds , spiders , eppohs of all sorts. Just too much space eaters.
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would love to have a separate pet and or trinket holder instead of the main bank. Cryptic could monetize it by giving you a few slots at first and then pay for more slots, a win for everyone involved. I love the idea of a tribble breeding lab.:D
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yesssss! Star Pokemon Online, bring it on devs. :D

Gotta catch em all!
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sounds like something that might something to bring up with Cryptic as part of a Cryptic/Kickstarter thing. If folks drop the money down to get the ball rolling on the development that would be required...meet the funding goal...then voila...it could happen.
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My suggestion is a "pet nursery" in the Fleet Holdings, where fleet members permanently donate their non-combat pets, then those pets will show up in the fleet holding running around freely.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yesssss! Star Pokemon Online, bring it on devs. :D

Gotta catch em all!

Before we know it we have a yellow rat as a pet which shocks the heralds into oblivion.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Before we know it we have a yellow rat as a pet which shocks the heralds into oblivion.
    Well, we already have a special shiny Muk called Horta.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited May 2015
    True , I hardly buy pets , if they were reallocated and we had a little section where it shows a wheel of fortune like pet icon selection system completely out of inventory , I would buy more pets. However right now I have ginger bread men, women , aliens, snowmen , birds , spiders , eppohs of all sorts. Just too much space eaters.

Totally. I had one of each type of gingerbread person but had to delete all except 2 of them for lack of room. And I know players who have 1 of every rarity in every type of summer event bird. They'll run out of space eventually if they add more pets to the summer event, if they haven't already lol.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    try dumping some of the clutter in your bank and inventory you will never use, I have my fare share of pets and I do just fine for space.
    don't forget cryptic just give us a heap of new spaces when they upgraded the crafting system, ok they are only for crafting stuff but they took all that from your main inventory so effectively gave you more room there at the same time.

having said that I have often thought that it would be sweet if we had an extra pet slot on our ship and character, preferably one that will auto enable the pets whenever we are not in combat, just for non combat pets only.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually, Geko commented on a Pets/Tribble Tab in a past P1 podcast. He said that as of in recent times, it would be difficult to implement them due to powers associated with some of them. I wish I can remember which podcast it was.
    edited May 2015
    Well, then a utiility belt system might just fit; we already have a few visuals for it.. Do link if you remember where Geko's comment was.
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    Actually, Geko commented on a Pets/Tribble Tab in a past P1 podcast. He said that as of in recent times, it would be difficult to implement them due to powers associated with some of them. I wish I can remember which podcast it was.

I wonder why it would be more difficult to implement rather than the current state of affairs where non-equipped pets live in the bank. Many people have asked why not set up a special section of the Bio lab for pets, one tab for ground pets, another for space. If you want to equip a different pet, go down to the Science lab on your ship and get it. I'd spend a few Zen for that.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • crusader0007crusader0007 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I second this as well...R&D items have a second tab. It would be optimal to have a 3rd tab for pets.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ^ And tribbles. Please cryptic, it's the humane thing to do. My bank is drowning in birds, monkeys, gingerbread men, etc. :|
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    still waiting on dogs in the game
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Secret World did this a while ago, and more people chase pets because they don't jam up the main inventory.

Yet, STO still forces us to keep currencies in our main inventory, like all those character bound elite marks. There is even less reason for those to be in our inventory compared to pets.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Ever since I collected a full set of rare and purple birds at Risa my bank and inventory has seemed more like a zoo... I keep buying inventory slots, but it's now 3/Quarters full and alot of it is pets and devices. What I can't fit in my inventory, I try to store in my full bank, BUT I can't use pets from there so I try to put as many possible in the inventory... and same story with devices.

I'm using my bridge officer device slots to store every type of ground device/pets imaginable (hint: it's one of the safest places to put tribbles so they don't eat your food.)... and all slots are full to bursting. Yet more are added every year. I've stopped claiming any more unless it's really special for lack of room.

Some ideas to solve this is either place pets in a tab of their own or add a Pet Pouch to the personal Status screen where you can slot pets in yourself.

For personal devices, you can expand the current slots or change it into a utility belt-type interface, similar to the kit; where you can add or change devices as necessary like you change modules. And both the Pet Pouch and Utility belt could be expandable so you can add more slots if desired.

Can we expect to see improvements for these?

I've not agreed with a lot of what you've said in the past, Some of this I agree with. Starting with the pets, they are little more than a vanity item, they serve no practical purpose. So I'd say if you want them fair enough but expect to lose a inventory/banks slot to hold them. But as for the Utility belt increases, hell yes, I'd even part with Zen for them, even if we could increase our personal device capacity by two slots. As a avid ground pounder this would be so helpful.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

edited June 2015
    More pets to gather in summer event. Those caracals, so cute... must.. resist..

The Secret World did this a while ago, and more people chase pets because they don't jam up the main inventory.

That is a good point, stated before but worth repeating. Players would definitely buy slot expansions for a pet tab or pouch and utility belt or device kit. A worthy addition good to see one day in the C-Store hopefully.

aesica wrote: »
    ^ And tribbles. Please cryptic, it's the humane thing to do. My bank is drowning in birds, monkeys, gingerbread men, etc. :|

Well, we have a tribble breeder in the fleet starbase, which doesn't serve to actually breed anything... I think there might be some possibilities open on that front, even if they don't include it with pets in a pouch or tab.

sqwished wrote: »
    I've not agreed with a lot of what you've said in the past, Some of this I agree with. Starting with the pets, they are little more than a vanity item, they serve no practical purpose. So I'd say if you want them fair enough but expect to lose a inventory/banks slot to hold them. But as for the Utility belt increases, hell yes, I'd even part with Zen for them, even if we could increase our personal device capacity by two slots. As a avid ground pounder this would be so helpful.

I do a bit of that myself and know players who on the whole prefer ground to space though tbh, there aren't very many around. It may be a reason why something hasn't been implemented or improved. It's definitely something practical, profitable and I think possible to do. They gotta come up with something sooner or later...

..oh stop staring at me you big-eyed, long-eared, fuzzy risan rabbit thingy. :(
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Way, waaay back (Sept. 2010), in the original Cryptic forums, there was a post by a very clever individual who detailed a lovely Tribble Terrarium idea that could be a great starting point for a Pet Collection system.

Unfortunately, I can't find it at the moment... and no, it wasn't me.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We need more storage for pets.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I didn't find the original post, but here's one by Lordhavelock that referances it.

(actually, I just noticed that the original post is Linked in Havelokcs post)

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif