test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash on Dyson ground battlezone.

zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
I can load up every other character fine, they are not on the ground battlezone.

However my main character, Nathair@zaichal, can no longer be played. The game crashes upon loading on the Dyson ground battlezone. If it makes any difference at all, she is wearing the Intel uniform, with a tr-116b rifle and is my only character currently wearing that outfit.

I cannot beam out, the game crashes too quickly for me to do so. I cannot do anything on this character, which is frustrating as there is no reason why it should crash upon entry into the Dyson ground battlezone.

All files have been verified.

I can play any other character but am obviously staying away from the Dyson battlezone for now on my other characters, so I do not lose another character to this annoying bug.

Edit: Managed to hit the beam up button before it crashed again, fortunately once I loaded the game up again, that character was in the contested zone. However, I won't risk that happening again so the Dyson ground battlezone remains unplayable for me regardless.
Post edited by zaichal on

Comments

• Options
    tibor001tibor001 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here, Dyson Battlezone unplayable, tried everything stress testing my PC passed excellent,verify files, all pass.

soon as i want to login into toon which is on dyson battlezone... CRASH!!
  • Options
    trekymindtrekymind Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also now getting this problem. I'm in outskirts zone. I do dyson bz every day, almost always city and not had a prob. It appears to be triggering the crash when fighting voth, as was just able to beam out as soon as I logged in. Going to try city zone now, hopefully that is ok as that's where I get my daily marks!
  • Options
    trekymindtrekymind Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    trekymind wrote: »
    Also now getting this problem. I'm in outskirts zone. I do dyson bz every day, almost always city and not had a prob. It appears to be triggering the crash when fighting voth, as was just able to beam out as soon as I logged in. Going to try city zone now, hopefully that is ok as that's where I get my daily marks!

Just done a capture point in city, no problems at all. Just outskirts?
  • Options
    ataraxis2ataraxis2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same deal. Played battlezone for over an hour yesterday, with no problems. Took a break, and when I came back, the game crashed to desktop from the battlezone.

Verified files today, and launched, and within a few minutes again. Has happened three times today on the same character.
  • Options
    xvladanxxvladanx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same here! I can move around but if I start shooting game crash (outskirts map,sometimes in city too)
    If i choose same char, game crash on loading map like on 98% of loading ,then I have to log in on couple different chars and then go back to the one when game crashed to pull him out of there.
    Wrote to support.....
  • Options
    xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As of the S10 release the dyson BZ ground map is crash central for me... seriously, this needs to be acknowledged/investigated urgently.. i can get the thing to crash me back to desktop every 5 mins..

The problem zone appears to be the outskirts.. i run dyson ground BZ A LOT, regularly, before and after S10. The crashes were introduced by the S10 update, i never had one before and now the outskirts part of the map is a one way ticket to desktop..
    If STO crashes while my character is in the outskirts, usually I cannot recover that character.. it will crash again and again, before even loading the map. I have no alternative but to logon with my laptop which doesn't seem to be having the issue and send my character to one of the other areas of the map..

I can (and do) run around in park and city for hours without a single crash, but go to outskirts and... :(
    This is especially annoying because the daily forces you to take 2 points in a random area.. half the time i get outskirts it ends up with me logging on to my laptop to recover and the few times i manage to do it without crashing is only because i see someone else taking a point, run in, fire some shots and get the hell out...

i can imagine that people who don't have a way to move their characters out of the outskirts are essentially stuck in a never ending loop of crashes to desktop..
    All i can say is, avoid outskirts.. and hope some ppl don't because otherwise it's impossible to compete the instance :(

edit: also, is it normal for the crash report window you get after STO crashes to close/crash before you can type any decent description in it most of the time..?
  • Options
    cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had this problem for a few days, I moved the graphics slider down to medium settings and it did not crash again.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Add another voice to this. My main DR toon is marooned in the Outskirts. No matter what I do she is stuck there. I've parked STO for the moment until this is resolved.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    bogardanbogardan Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Would be nice if they stickied a thread, because this has been acknowledged already.. Just not fixed. This is getting annoying, especially since cities can sometimes not be capped properly when the Outskirts is struggling, especially when no one wants to go there and risk a CTD.
  • Options
    rondelicarondelica Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and off course even this week no fix for this! how long do we need to wait?