test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are they crying about

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
For crying out loud what are people crying about, lag everywhere, far to many bugs, this problem that problem... Why is it I don't see bugs O yeah see a few well they work on it the cryptic team is busy with something huge I think, any case they repaired annoying bugs or the bugs people had problems that the game crashed but that is solved far as I know...

Game is unplayable.... ahh do you know how to play the game then ? just a question.
But to be honest game is perfect just logged out of 2 hours of fun.. and bugs well not really minor ones but not a problem because they were already known to me and were already reported ... so I hope they fix it sometime this year.

Are we getting bridge packs would be a .... NO and it has been said so many times that is is not a priority at the moment so they won't make an ship interior... by the love of god...
Stop asking and by example read the Dev Threads before you post your idea....

Lag in the game, what were ok check your connection then because most people have no lag yeah maybe once a month but then they probably working on the internet, well if that's not the case may I suggest to type on google can I run it check that site click on sto and see if your machine is able to run STO. And if you are playing on a laptop you may suffer conection problems same as using WIFI give you a bunch of problems and connection failures better use a cable ...

Edit :

Rebuilding the game on a new engine... This tread is also tiresome I was partly guilty creating such a tread... But to be blunt the STO engine is just fine NO need to recreate the game on a new engine. and what good would it do loosing all your stuff for what reason, Or is the person asking because he has serious lags while running the game... He plays on a WIFI signal I guess and that's why he gets serious lags on his computer..... A game is the same as streaming a show you can not do that on a WIFI Signal you get a lot of lag this way !!! So buy a cable then try it out you see the difference !!! And is your cable distance longer than 10 M use a hub to boost your signal....

Well thats been all gonna take an aspirin now I see why the Devs don't respond anymore...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    For crying out loud what are people crying about, lag everywhere, far to many bugs, this problem that problem... Why is it I don't see bugs O yeah see a few well they work on it the cryptic team is busy with something huge I think, any case they repaired annoying bugs or the bugs people had problems that the game crashed but that is solved far as I know...

Game is unplayable.... ahh do you know how to play the game then ? just a question.
    But to be honest game is perfect just logged out of 2 hours of fun.. and bugs well not really minor ones but not a problem because they were already known to me and were already reported ... so I hope they fix it sometime this year.

Are we getting bridge packs would be a .... NO and it has been said so many times that is is not a priority at the moment so they won't make an ship interior... by the love of god...

Lag in the game, what were ok check your connection then because most people have no lag yeah maybe once a month but then they probably working on the internet, well if that's not the case may I suggest to type on google can I run it check that site click on sto and see if your machine is able to run STO. And if you are playing on a laptop you you may suffer conection problems same as using WIFI give you a bunch of problems and connection failures better use a cable ...

Well thats been all gonna take an aspirin now I see why the Devs don't respond anymore...

You starting a QQ thread about others QQ'ing, are not really very smart... No?!

And before you go any further... Take a look around the dev posts yourself.

Edit: And before you then go any further... Get a grasp on; code, game engines, and how they function together.
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I refuse to read a thread where the OP has zero understanding of english grammar and can't use punctuation with a fair bit of logic.

As far as I could understand the OP complains about people who are pointing out their technical issues and glorifies the fact that he's able to play, while ignoring the number of dev post in which they acknowledge their server side troubles.

Yeah, fail thread.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You're either a very lucky little boy not having lag or bugs or a very ignorant, misinformed individual as the Dev's have stated that lag is present.

For some people whose favourite missions are the Borg STF's the game is unplayable due to the map lagging and rubber banding and turning into a slideshow. I've experienced it and have since got sick of it and quite playing them until the situation is resolved. Thats unplayable content.

Its one of my favourite parts of the game, no longer enjoyable or feasible to play due to this issue.

So i've having to play other areas which i don't enjoy as much. Such a Kobali or New Romulus which is frame rate intensive and has its moments.

Oh and maybe you should take you're own advice and read Dev posts as again they have mentioned lag is an issue.

I can't see this thread lasting long before being closed. Going to turn into a major flaming one very quickly
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OK...so lets talk about what you're really angry about? :rolleyes:
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Translation: I have a sandwich, therefore no one else can be starving.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is going to get interesting,,,,,,,:rolleyes:
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OMG OP, you're right! I just checked. My computer was unplugged the whole time! Aaargh!
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I used to be like you regarding the lag problem as in...

"What lag problem????"

But then i played another mmo...and oh my god its running way better than STO!

This is not a I hate STO response...this is a I WANNA PLAY STO response...as it stands im playing this other mmo a lot its fun but sure doesnt have starships.

So yea there is a lag problem. Yr not helping
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Lag in the game, what were ok check your connection then because most people have no lag yeah maybe once a month but then they probably working on the internet, well if that's not the case may I suggest to type on google can I run it check that site click on sto and see if your machine is able to run STO. And if you are playing on a laptop you may suffer conection problems same as using WIFI give you a bunch of problems and connection failures better use a cable ...

Edit :

Rebuilding the game on a new engine... This tread is also tiresome I was partly guilty creating such a tread... But to be blunt the STO engine is just fine NO need to recreate the game on a new engine. and what good would it do loosing all your stuff for what reason, Or is the person asking because he has serious lags while running the game... He plays on a WIFI signal I guess and that's why he gets serious lags on his computer..... A game is the same as streaming a show you can not do that on a WIFI Signal you get a lot of lag this way !!! So buy a cable then try it out you see the difference !!! And is your cable distance longer than 10 M use a hub to boost your signal....

Devs have acknowledged that inspiration and attack pattern beta are causing server load issues, which we see as rubber banding, lag, etc. OP, I read much into that with respect to your comments quoted above.
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry english isn't my first language I translated it with google .... :P I could write it in dutch for you but then most of you wouldn't understand it anyway...

That said I know there is rubberbanding still reading treads I do not experience it doesn't mean someone else have that fortune.

But if it is said by the Devs that they are investigating it what could will it do to make threads about the incident again again and again .... The work won't get done sooner even if you put up a Thousand threads about it.

Same thing about bridge packs and suchs that is posted so many times and again someone put down the same question again while it is explained in Shows, on Facebook that it isn't a priority at the moment and they doubt it will become one....

Only like to say I don't need 600 treads to read a problem or an idea while the answer is already known to us...

Regards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Only like to say I don't need 600 treads to read a problem or an idea while the answer is already known to us...

Regards

I understand your sentiment but no one is actually forcing you to read those threads.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Edit :

All I can see here is "I have a sandwich, therefore you cannot be hungry."

This issue has been hashed and rehashed. The lag is no longer considered to be a user side problem, but buried somewhere in the game code and to an extent in the network infrastructure. It's being worked on as a priority issue, so yeah. Why are you whining? More to the point, why are you blaming the users as a whole?

I'm not one of the people who really are suffering, but I've had more than a few STFs where lag and rubberbanding mean I guess at where I might be and hit my alpha and rotations with the hope that I've got the timing right.

As to your tech advice, sure. In general terms you're right. Taking it as a specific solution is laughably wrong.

I'd love some new bridge packs. WoK Enterprise and NX class to the same standard as the TOS and voyager bridge and decks? Yes please! I'd buy them without hesitation. Will it ever happen? Probably not, that's no reason not to express opinions though.
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry english isn't my first language I translated it with google .... :P I could write it in dutch for you but then most of you wouldn't understand it anyway...

That said I know there is rubberbanding still reading treads I do not experience it doesn't mean someone else have that fortune.

But if it is said by the Devs that they are investigating it what could will it do to make threads about the incident again again and again .... The work won't get done sooner even if you put up a Thousand threads about it.

Same thing about bridge packs and suchs that is posted so many times and again someone put down the same question again while it is explained in Shows, on Facebook that it isn't a priority at the moment and they doubt it will become one....

Regards

Again many of those threads are helpful to track down the issue, give help if possible or both.
    In my case I gave Trendy the traceroutes I ran from my computer which can indicate where the connection issues are.

Again, pointless thread, more pointless than the "threads" that are supposed to be pointless for the OP. Wordplay intended.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Regards

The issue is that if one does not mention issues and desires they are never addressed. Hundreds of pages went into the issues of the Galaxy class and eventually it was fixed and they even released a T6 version. The Devs see an issue and make a correction. If no one says anything further then they will assume the problem is resolved. And there are actually many issues at play. Some are having trouble connecting. Some can't play at all, and still others have lag and crashing issues. Each issue is potentially different.
    I did a Google search on my exact issue and the first posting on it was this game from 2012. But none more recent. So a new post is required.

Why ask for more bridge packs? Because the Origin bridge is glorious. But I sincerely doubt it would have been made had people not been commenting on the already available bridge packs.

It keeps coming back to the original point.

De redelijke mens past zich aan de wereld; de onredelijke mens volhardt in een poging om de wereld aan te passen aan zichzelf. Daarom zijn alle vorderingen hangt de onredelijke man. ~ George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Regards
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    ...no one is actually forcing you to read those threads.
    ... or forcing you to create 600 of your own! Seriously, if you want to complain at the number of garbage threads needed to wade through to find valid information, you should look into the number of threads you create. There's at least 2 or 3 on the front page of General Discussion right now...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Translation: i farted therefore you HAVE to smell it................
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I ran this game, be a manager, I would like to have some of my employees play the game at a sophisticated level. Meaning, using any gimmick the game has and see how much it can handle. A kind of a stress test. I suppose employees have accounts and play the game and (!) can have instant access to all the cool things we have to grind for. It is embarrasing afterall, how these lag issues have come to the surface.

There must have been an attitude like saying, the majority of the playerbase won't notice, care or is clueless. The majority may be, but it will only need one player to tear the brick house down.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Game crashes are continuing for some people and other things (such as unplayable framerate issues some maps like Risa) appear to be limited to only part of the user base. Because you don't have game-ending bugs that doesn't mean they don't crop up for other players. This is what you get from an unstandardized platform (ie. the PC) and a dev with limited resources. Its perhaps natural (and STO is by no means alone in this), but it can still be incredibly frustrating.

Now, where I'll say you went wrong is in trying to "level" discussion by trying to directly contradict it. You see whiners and you approach said whiners with the polar opposite viewpoint. The expressed opinion is therefore that they are simply wrong, which is a terrible place to begin discussion.

Next time, try for the middle ground. For example: The game is largely fine, but it has technical problems (which should always be considered with a healthy dose of perspective.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hravik wrote: »
    Translation: I have a sandwich, therefore no one else can be starving.

Your logic is undeniable; billions of Borg...and Spock would approve.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Elders? hehe i doubt it,i bet 1000 bars of latinum and my mother's in law recipe of tortilla espa
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What are they crying about

For you, it is crying about other people crying. So add that to your OP along with all the other subjects people are crying about.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2015
    OP I find this quite funny

I play a infected advanced with 4 members of my fleet they are from all over the usa and some in Europe

We are on teamspeak and every one of us experience terrible rubberbanding

I play the same in a 4 man pug I ask in chat if they experience the rubberbanding 2 or 3 respond yes they do

So to wrap up........you got to play the game to actually see and experience that lag and rubberbanding

apperantly you are not
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Elders? hehe i doubt it,i bet 1000 bars of latinum and my mother's in law recipe of tortilla espa

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    I SAID GO TO BED!! Listen to your elders.
This discussion has been closed.