test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is what happens....

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
When you go console.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9213383-neverwinter%3A-looking-into-elemental-evil

Things get done. It's time for folks to stop resisting that this title as well as others go console. Console players don't play around when it comes to quality. You wanna see things get fixed you go console end of story.

PC players have been content to deal with constant problems making games unplayable for far too long. It's time to change folks. If you want to keep on playing the ever failing PC versions of games go right ahead, if you like having bugs forever with no end in sight go right ahead that's fine, but let the rest of the gaming community have their day and don't blame us if you're still on the side that doesn't demand quality from their products when you have issues.

I just thought I'd let people know about this so that they can see what happens when you have a community that doesn't support half fast products.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    NW just lost 9 Devs from its team. While I agree with the Console aspect of your post I would point out that the above link was more about calming player fears after the big layoff then anything else.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ahahahahaha, oh, that's rich considering the issues plaguing some big name releases. Skyrim on the PS3 or GTAV on launch, for example.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When you go console.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9213383-neverwinter%3A-looking-into-elemental-evil

Things get done. It's time for folks to stop resisting that this title as well as others go console. Console players don't play around when it comes to quality. You wanna see things get fixed you go console end of story.

and yet the pc has endured; sega series, gameboy, tablet phones, playstation series, yamagochi, xbox series, arcade machines.. its been enduring for decades longer than any of these products.

so clearly the consoles have not been getting it done, clearly the pc has been getting it done. with that stated, pcs are also customizable from the ground up, consoles are not... oh look, the pcs have been getting it done there as well.

if anything the only thing about consoles i am resisting is the urge to take microsoft out with a bag of door TRIBBLE over the whole halo series fiasco after halo 2. i still dont know what happened after 2 and i probably never will, but this is an example of why i dont follow consoles, because it costs the earth for such a thing (pc has beaten the console again) and you have to buy games that are even more expensive than the pc games (oh look pc has done it again). i dont own a tv at all, i have not had one in the house for a decade now, that means i would need to buy one and thats another pile of money in the toilet (old pc monitors still work, oh look pc beats the console once more).

besides all the above this group creates a console game and you use a minority example as a majority point? what you think i am, stupid? :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Ahahahahaha, oh, that's rich considering the issues plaguing some big name releases. Skyrim on the PS3 or GTAV on launch, for example.

Yeah, and that fluff blog's already been pointed out as the standard fluff piece that gets said all the time and nothing happens...meh.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015

PC players have been content to deal with constant problems making games unplayable for far too long. It's time to change folks. If you want to keep on playing the ever failing PC versions of games go right ahead, if you like having bugs forever with no end in sight go right ahead that's fine, but let the rest of the gaming community have their day and don't blame us if you're still on the side that doesn't demand quality from their products when you have issues.
    LOL.

No seriously: LOL. Have you ever worked in software development? Of any sort?

Whether or not things get fixed or issues get looked at has less than nothing to do with what platforms a game is on. I wouldn't get too invested in the embarrassingly counterfactual notion that going cross-platform is going to somehow magically result in less bugs just because of some fantasy about console gamers being less tolerant of bugs. It has absolutely no evidence to support it, and considerable evidence against.

Parallel development of a game client for both consoles and PC comes with a pretty long list of challenges and drawbacks: the necessity of maintaining either parallel code bases or dealing with a hardware abstraction layer (or both!), performance overhead, and issues arising from the difficulty of designing a UX that works for both controllers and mouse + keyboard, to name just a few. Cross-platform games are notorious for performance, stability and usability issues, especially when--as would be the case here--the game was developed on one platform and later ported to another.

Now let's try again, this time without the utterly silly generalizations about one type of gamer or the other.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When you go console.

I just thought I'd let people know about this so that they can see what happens when you have a community that doesn't support half fast products.

all very well but not everyone wants a console, can afford one or justify buying one just to play one game on.
    I like a laptop, its self contained i.e I don't need a separate screen to use it, its very portable so I can take it with me wherever I go, its cheap and easy to replace or upgrade to a later model, I can do lots of other things on it without having to worry about spending a fortune on costly software, it runs sto and that's what i play most of the time.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Console only games do have more rigorous QA than PC games, as a rule, but the reason for that is quite specific...

"Error! Server Version Mismatch! Your Nintendsoft Playcube 360 Game DVD is STO-Season-10, please contact your nearest Nintendsoft Playcube 360 Dealer to purchase an STO-Season-12 DVD"

Traditionally, since their inception, console games are 1-shot releases, got to get the game right for that burn-to-retail DVD release, on-demand patching later wasn't an option until 'consoles' started including hard drives...

...like a PC...

Reality check time, PC's are the cutting edge, that drive console development, the new features that make consoles more than just a play on your own with an un-patched retail release game disk, are all borrowed from PC's.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and yet the pc has endured; sega series, gameboy, tablet phones, playstation series, yamagochi, xbox series, arcade machines.. its been enduring for decades longer than any of these products.

Is the processor that was in widespread use during the time of the gameboy still in use for gaming? No? PC sucks then.

Oh, you get to count the current PC as being the same as all previous PCs while notching up a kill for each separate console system...
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Console only games do have more rigorous QA than PC games, as a rule, but the reason for that is quite specific...

"Error! Server Version Mismatch! Your Nintendsoft Playcube 360 Game DVD is STO-Season-10, please contact your nearest Nintendsoft Playcube 360 Dealer to purchase an STO-Season-12 DVD"

Traditionally, since their inception, console games are 1-shot releases, got to get the game right for that burn-to-retail DVD release, on-demand patching later wasn't an option until 'consoles' started including hard drives...

...like a PC...

Reality check time, PC's are the cutting edge, that drive console development, the new features that make consoles more than just a play on your own with an un-patched retail release game disk, are all borrowed from PC's.

Where does one get a nintendsoft playcube 360 :-p
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please no.

The game isn't going to jump in quality just because it has a console version.
    This is just another PC vs Console argument.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    *Hands over some Aloe Vera to the op*

I assume to soothe his burns? :rolleyes:

Forum Napalm is some nasty stuff.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Where does one get a nintendsoft playcube 360 :-p

Nearest branch of the dealership I know of is in the Hell of Numb-Controller-Thumbs, head through the parallel dimensions till you hit the Oriental Mythology sector, then turn right at the 3rd "Southern Fried Gaki" franchise.

Don't forget to take a raw egg and a handful of rice to get past the Hopping Vampires...
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do we really want all those 10 year olds who think they are l33t on here? i mean really?

Besides OP that thread you linked to on Neverwinter reads as one thing to me:

NERF BAT INBOUND WITH BONUS MOAR GRIND

Good luck Neverwinter players, your gonna need it :p
  • Options
    edited May 2015

...like a PC...

Pretty much...but it was the same for PCs too previously. There was higher QA, testing, delayed releases...because there was no easy internet connection to download patches for things. Waiting for a patch floppy to be made available in some magazine...lolwell. Console games have gone down the same craptastic path as PC games as the consoles have become internet connected devices with storage. Game not ready? Mostly ready? Think we're good? Meh, we can patch it later...off it goes!
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    englishnod wrote: »
    Do we really want all those 10 year olds who think they are l33t on here? i mean really?

Besides OP that thread you linked to on Neverwinter reads as one thing to me:

NERF BAT INBOUND WITH BONUS MOAR GRIND

Good luck Neverwinter players, your gonna need it :p

lel

I highly doubt everyone whom plays this game is an adult let alone 21+ (just barely an adult ;))

one would think that games attract all sorts not just all us old timers lol

that said, sometimes people here do tend to act like 10 year olds who think they are l33t so Im not sure whether it would impact the game and forum or not.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lel

I highly doubt everyone whom plays this game is an adult let alone 21+ (just barely an adult ;))

one would think that games attract all sorts not just all us old timers lol

that said, sometimes people here do tend to act like 10 year olds who think they are l33t so Im not sure whether it would impact the game and forum or not.
    I agree with you completely. My children are much more mature then many of the posts I have seen on this forum over the years from people 20+ years older then them. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »

got into gta online day one was rough but it was par for the course compared to sto ;)
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If anything, all I got from that article was that a developer offered an open apology to the players for an expansion that was apparently poorly received. I have near-limitless respect for any developer who can own up to their mistakes like that.

As for STO being console only--LOLNO.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is the processor that was in widespread use during the time of the gameboy still in use for gaming? No? PC sucks then.

Oh, you get to count the current PC as being the same as all previous PCs while notching up a kill for each separate console system...

im using the entire point and not splitting hairs like you want me to. as a fact sega consoles can only be gotten second hand from ebay and if you are lucky market days, yet the pc has gone from strength to strength. the playstation was years ahead of its time during the 90's, and then it was haplessly outmatched a few years later by the pc when the aging one time hardware in the console was showing, meantimes the pc continued to evolve, year on year. the xbox came, again the pc survived it and like the playstation 1 2 and previous xbox consoles, all resigned to the same pit like the old sega consoles, second hand markets, showing their age.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    gonzothegreat78gonzothegreat78 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2015

My I7 quad core chip that ive had for yearsss wants a word with you:cool:
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hilarious.

Console players have been shown to buy a polished TRIBBLE for £59.99 based on brand name alone (Any EA tittle will do).

I am a massive D&D/Neverwinter fan. I tried out Cryptic's offering and found it very limited (forced point of view, limited mouse ability).

If you think that's a good thing, good for you, but personally I find Cryptics attempts to cross over PC/Console games very limited.

I have played pretty much every D&D/Neverwinter games ever made, only Cryptic managed to kill my enthusiasm for the genre.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Hilarious.

Console players have been shown to buy a polished TRIBBLE for £59.99 based on brand name alone (Any EA tittle will do).

I am a massive D&D/Neverwinter fan. I tried out Cryptic's offering and found it very limited (forced point of view, limited mouse ability).

If you think that's a good thing, good for you, but personally I find Cryptics attempts to cross over PC/Console games very limited.

I have played pretty much every D&D/Neverwinter games ever made, only Cryptic managed to kill my enthusiasm for the genre.

What about Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor? Did they ever actually get that game to work? I know there were some patches...but...meh...

I miss the old Gold Box games. :(
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    STO cannot function on a console no matter what in its current condition. LOL have fun using all the commands and specials with a game pad. Its the same reason you won't see SWTOR, WoW or even why SOE couldn't get SWG on the console.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    edited May 2015
    lowy1 wrote: »
    STO cannot function on a console no matter what in its current condition. LOL have fun using all the commands and specials with a game pad. Its the same reason you won't see SWTOR, WoW or even why SOE couldn't get SWG on the console.

Unless... The console version comes fitted as standard with a default button-mash bfaw keybind system...

"Press Triangle to attack, Square to defend - You're a WINNER!"
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That other boat is on fire and sinking! Why don't we get free fire and sea water like they do?!?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Unless... The console version comes fitted as standard with a default button-mash bfaw keybind system...

"Press Triangle to attack, Square to defend - You're a WINNER!"

Lol, I can kind of picture it...

-> -> ^ <- v X X O -> ^ A <- <- X : FAWtality!
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey! PCs are already dead! This article says so! ;)

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1039_3-6126565.html
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hey! PCs are already dead! This article says so! ;)

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1039_3-6126565.html

"Symbian's head of propositions, John Forsyth, later argued that "in five years' time you'll wonder why you need a PC at all.""

hmmm... Because you are going to have to wait a lot more than 5 years to put a fast read/write 500gb drive and a 19 inch monitor, with a full keyboard in a mobile phone?

This phone seller exec strikes me as your typical tech-illiterate marketing management TRIBBLE...

Yeah, you can increase the resolution of a screen a bit, but if the screen is still too small to be clear and readable , that doesn't mean it's a substitute for a larger screen.

So phones sell faster than computers, well big surprise. Big deal. Phones sell better than consoles too, and better than dishwashers, and microwave ovens.

Will we be cooking supper on a phone in 5 years? Washing up afterwards?

Typical Tech illiterate marketing management TRIBBLE.

A while back a japanese phone company realised they were reaching market saturation, and brought out voice activated auto dial phones for DOGS, so if your dog barked, in your tiny japanese worker appartment, the dog's phone would auto dial your nuber so you could tell the dog to be quiet.

Can't see many japanese dogs buying laptops or desktops though.

Besides... Article date, 2006... times up and who the hell uses a symbian phone?
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lol, I can kind of picture it...

-> -> ^ <- v X X O -> ^ A <- <- X : FAWtality!

Isn't that how you drop King Hippo, in Mike Tyson's "Punch out"?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Besides... Article date, 2006... times up and who the hell uses a symbian phone?

Should have started with that...while putting in the joke that Symbian itself started to die off less than 5 years later - well, late 2010 is where Android said, "See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!" - and what, last year is when Nokia finally said no more - not gonna bother, eh? It did kind of drag on for a bit there, as even Microsoft got in there and took the last bit of action. :D