Install Arc

DEVS, pls do your jobs

2»

Comments

• christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    But you are a mature adult.
    Some people are spoiled children who don't know how to communicate.
    How do you expect them to spin the outrage machine?

I know but I just assume that people are reasonable....I guess I just expect too much......guys I play 4 different games other then STO so if STO doesn't want to load I have other things to keep me occupied. Also going out on a jog....or hanging with RL friends (I did this a lot in my youth)
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know but I just assume that people are reasonable....

That is a very unrealistic assumption.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited May 2015
    That is a very unrealistic assumption.

well shoot.....
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    But you are a mature adult.
    Some people are spoiled children who don't know how to communicate.
    How do you expect them to spin the outrage machine?

something a lot of people need to think about too, is not every person who is upset is a spoiled child, or a flamer, or whatever.. there are those who give constructive undesireable feedback. there are people who have been here since launch, and have been waiting for cryptic to finally hit the cards right and build a game that is proper in their eyes.

I can care less at this point, ive learned that fighting does nothing lol.. but, I have seen some peeps on here make excellent points, or really drive the situation home, just to see other pwe/cryptic supporters just pull the cry baby card on them and vise versa.

im not saying all of the destructive feedback is good, or non childish, but the new defence for the pro cryptics seems to be to try and just try and steamroll any negative feedback calling other players, entitled, and trolls. im not making a comment on this one thread, but more saying in general.

over the years, I have watched more and more supporters cross to the "dark side" especially as of late. I see empty queues, I see empty instances, I see less and less people chatting in what used to be very busy channels, and most of the chat I do see is negative.. I would say there is maybe something to all the naysaying, or "doom" as the supporters automatically tag anything that isn't positive. I know my own perception of the game has made me seek alternative games to play.

the way I look at it is, for every person who thinks everything is rainbows and lollipops in the cryptic universe, there is someone who thinks the opposite. the funny thing is, a lot of the pro cyptics always say, "well ur not the majority, and often throw down that it is impossible to tell what everyone in game is thinking. well by that logic, how does one know if the majority is happy? or that the majority are not having problems like other people just getting into the game.

no one knows.. name calling, and trying to steam roll ones perception of the game doesn't make one side or the other right, or wrong..
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    please listen to this recommenation.

i have heard some players got banned if they buy zens on steam launcher, if you get caught.
    so, if you need more zen, i would buy on Arc launcher just to be safe than be sorry.

Arc/PWI are suppose to sell zens, not the Steam client, they are not authorized, since it is under liscense agreement, they are suppose to host a server, that was it.

other poster mention about launcher corruption was a good call to delete bad version, and replace with newer client.

anyway, have fun playing.
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    acvoelcker wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're not having this problem, or else you would not be saying this...

Ignore the troll. It isn't entitlement to expect an MMO game with 5 years experience to actually work. You're not alone, many people have been having issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    savnoka wrote: »
    I am curious why some people (like myself) have experienced absolutely no crashes, and others are crashing all the time.

Please stop trying to spin the blame on those players having problems.

All of my characters load fine, except one.

My drivers are all updated, I've forced DX9, I've re-installed several times, it still is just that 1 character that this problem occurs on. Tried checking ISP, no errors there either (and wouldn't make sense it was that anyway when it is only just the 1 character). This didn't happen before the latest season came out. It only started happening after.

I've gone through support and even they are stumped after trying all their attempts to fix it.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Only if your eat your vegetables.
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Please stop trying to spin the blame on those players having problems.

All of my characters load fine, except one.

My drivers are all updated, I've forced DX9, I've re-installed several times, it still is just that 1 character that this problem occurs on. Tried checking ISP, no errors there either (and wouldn't make sense it was that anyway when it is only just the 1 character). This didn't happen before the latest season came out. It only started happening after.

I've gone through support and even they are stumped after trying all their attempts to fix it.
    If it's only one character, you can probably ignore any concerns with ISP or network connection.

Is there anything special about that character that is different from the other? Gear, ship choice, map position? Anything in the patch notes that might apply to your character? (Regarding gear, the last patch fixed the Dual Omni Beam Array bug, if you still had them equipped, and something odd is going in your inventory or so, it could have caused a problem?)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not having these problems, so I guess the devs "did their job" for me, but not for you? Weird.

Guess they like you better lol.

I've had a couple issues running through my mining company, but other than that normal gameplay and log in has been fine.
  • ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Entitlement....That is all.

To demand a working, non-defective product as a paying customer, whether they be a lifetime subscriber, regular subscriber, or even just a one time zen-store buyer, is not entitlement.
    It is a right.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    acvoelcker wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're not having this problem, or else you would not be saying this...
    Yeah, it's totally not because you didn't post in the bug reports section telling the devs the specifics so they can fix the problem. /sarcasm

Did you even send a ticket?

Edit: And before you say anything, yes, I've had similar crashes since season 10 as well.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a right, but asking for a working product isn't too much to ask for. Yes, Cryptic should do something to fix the issue and based on reports from Trendy, the Devs are working on them.

I am not keeping much track of these problems, since they don't seem to affect me much, but isn't the stuff Trendy is talking specifically about the lag problems?

But of course, that doesn't mean they aren't working on this problem, either. I suspect the Developers are doing their job - as instructed to them by whoever instructs them at Cryptic/PWE. Whether that means fixing crashes, lags or making a nice charts of database and installer sizes for the execs I don't know.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited May 2015
    ragingloli wrote: »
    To demand a working, non-defective product as a paying customer, whether they be a lifetime subscriber, regular subscriber, or even just a one time zen-store buyer, is not entitlement.
    It is a right.

Isnt it fun when people quote one thing and dont bother reading everything else that ive said....funny
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been thrown out of the game and keep crashing on my way to getting back to playing far too often too. The fact that it is not happening to everyone else does NOT mean that it does not happen. The fact that it only happens to some people does not mean its their fault. To say that someone is entitled, or a constant complainer or anything of the sort is the statement of not merely a troll, but a complete TRIBBLE. I am not overly fond of people voicing their concerns only to be met with so much hate and malice. It's high time to stop blaming everyone else and put the blame where it belongs. The devs need to fix it.
  • gonzothegreat78gonzothegreat78 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I haven't had any crashes in ages untill a few days ago when i bought a tactical command ship on my main. I had 2 crashes in the first few hours flying it, but after running the "confirm game files" popup (or whatever it was called).. nothing since.. fingers crossed

Although there is noticebly more lag during gameplay with command compared to my intel/other ships, but as far as i've read thats already known by many.
  • pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had a character locked on a map once. every time I logged into that character my game would freeze then crash, but all other character worked fine. I contacted CS and they ended up telling me to delete somethings and let the game rebuild the files. After that everything was fine. I can't remeber what it was right now and I can't find the CS email. If I were you I'd file a CS ticket.
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kyrrok wrote: »
    To say that someone is entitled, or a constant complainer or anything of the sort is the statement of not merely a troll, but a complete TRIBBLE.

It's the obnoxious tone of the OP that's getting him called entitled, and not anything else. Telling the devs that they need to "do their jobs" is suggesting that they're just sitting around twiddling their thumbs ignoring all the problems when that's clearly not the case. There's a way to post a complaint and a way not to--and making an insulting insinuation that people aren't "working" isn't one of them, especially when said in a condescending tone.
    kyrrok wrote: »
    I am not overly fond of people voicing their concerns only to be met with so much hate and malice.

Uh oh! We have an Internet Tough Guy here! He's not fond of what people say. Hit the deck!!!!
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
    edited May 2015
    I know there are problems, cryptic has even admitted to them and is working on fixes.....its the people who have to post threads that demand that cryptic do something then throw out that you spend money on the game like that makes you special stinks of entitlement. ive spent thousands on the game not including LTS.....but I do not feel that its proper for me to throw that in their face. maybe its all that customer service expirence....insulting the company gets you nothing.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My tricorder is picking up heavy amounts of current and potential Flaming in this thread...
This discussion has been closed.