test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Client still crashing after Iconian loadscreen

mindstorm2500mindstorm2500 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
This is pointless. Can't be bothered trying to enter the game more than 5 times in a row. Time for Playstation.
Post edited by mindstorm2500 on

Comments

• Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am forced to use SAFE MODE to get in the game.

I am so worn down by a month of this I just leave the SAFE MODE Settings as is.

And I still crash beaming down to ground maps... IN SAFE MODE.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    As of the 5/7 patch this is still happening
  • Options
    unsaneasylumunsaneasylum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This has been a known issue for over 6 months now. Since the release of Delta Rising. And it's painfully obvious now that the devs have no intention of fixing it. They have all the time in the world to make doffing completely useless though.
  • Options
    planckeqplanckeq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since the patch today all of a sudden I cannot get past the character select screen I CTD every time. Safe mode does not help nor does switching to either of the DX9 settings. I had a similar issue with our other descktop and thought it might be related to the catalyst drivers for AMD but this machine is running Nvidia with updated drivers.

I am boggled and cannot seem to find a fix and customer service is woefully slow.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    OK... this is more or less the "official" fix from PWE.

Start the game in Safe Mode.

Select D9 EX and adjust the other settings to your liking.

Exit the game.

In Options in the Launcher Go to the Command Line

Enter: -d3d11Enable 0

Save.

I crash sometimes but seems to work mostly
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah but its not as easy as that some of us still get the game crashing after the load screen others of us get it to work but only have a black screen with music playing why cryptic decided to add dx11 compatibility to the game is beyond me but its really screwed things up for a lot of us with older graphics cards who can't afford to spend 200 or 300 bucks on the latest video card. and thats usually what they run from what i have seen just looking at prices online for video card upgrades.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    blondie987 wrote: »
    yeah but its not as easy as that some of us still get the game crashing after the load screen others of us get it to work but only have a black screen with music playing why cryptic decided to add dx11 compatibility to the game is beyond me but its really screwed things up for a lot of us with older graphics cards who can't afford to spend 200 or 300 bucks on the latest video card. and thats usually what they run from what i have seen just looking at prices online for video card upgrades.

most/many of us having issues already have DX 11 cards. This isn't really an issue with yoru card, this is Cryptic and bad coding.

The same issues are happening in Never Winter Nights and had to be known to be bad code when they released it to us. Its not a hardware issue.
  • Options
    benovidebenovide Member Posts: 397
    edited May 2015
    The irony, I was about to drop $60 for the raptor pack that released, F* that if they can't get their game to work. This is royally pissing me off, it's almost to the point I'm about to just stop checking the game all together and just uninstall and forget this game ever existed. It's outright DISGUSTING that this would continue when they've had more than enough time to figure it all out.
  • Options
    voxkarvoxkar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hey I am getting a fatal error 3D driver I need help on how to fix it. it was running fine today....
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In relation to the game crashing on the STO Iconian War load screen. Whenever there is new coding brought into the game your system needs to rewrite( all for a better word) some of your files.

Just leave it as you should notice your hard drive working. Sadly however depending on your system this can run upto 40 minutes.

I was having the same issue until I was given the explaination.

Once your system has only rewritten some of the files once, this "crash should not happen again and the next time you launch STO you will be in game without any issues (until the next big patch that is)
  • Options
    benovidebenovide Member Posts: 397
    edited May 2015
    How many time is it supposed to ****ing rewrite? Like SERIOUSLY?

Does TWO complete uninstall and reinstalls count? Do 20 different times patching count?

WHAT IS IT? seriously!