test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Current thoughts/build advice for a Tac in a Tac Bortasqu' in today's PvE meta...?

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Klingon Discussion
While this isn't for me, I was recently talking to somebody about a Tac in a Tac Bort and the problems that might arise...and well...I'm just not the best person by a long shot to offer much of any build advice for that particular combination.

So I figured I'd reach out to the community to tap the experience folks have or even any theorycrafting they might have done for somebody that's a Tac looking to have some fun in a Tac Bortasqu' there, yeah?

It's the flagship right...what can be done with her these days, eh?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you want to get the most out of that autocannon console, it forces you into a full Disruptor build. But you do have options. The mission, “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning” gives you Plasma-Disruptor hybrid weapons that function exactly the same as Romulan Plasma, but are listed as Disruptors. Or you can use Elachi Crescent weapons. Have everything running through Vulnerability Locators, and you will be golden.

But either way, to get the most out of the Bortasqu, you really need to focus on all beams. That said, don't forget to grab an onmi-directional beam, and keep that in an aft position. If you decide to carry a torpedo, best to stick with only one, and keep it in front. You can decide which torpedo works best for you. Personally, I prefer the Gravimetric Photon running through Torpedo Spread.

If this is for a character that has the full Kobali set, use that. Otherwise, just stick with the old-fashioned KHG set. And then be sure to visit the Fleet Mine, and stock up on RCS consoles with [ResAll]. And never leave spacedock without your Plasmonic Leech.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Meta is pretty much the same as it has been - load it up on Beams and BFAW to victory.

Its bulky nature and poor agility make it a good Anchored candidate - slam it into the center of battle, park it and let the light-show do the work; plasmonic leech to fuel both weapon and aux power.

If you really want to go with more of a forward attack approach, I strongly suggest using the Qib trait on it and loading either a turret or wide-DHC on it(but still run primarily beams and BFAW).

The Ty'gokor can still do everything it can, better.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I'd say it's as good as any other BC, you just gotta be prepared for the poor maneuverability (Turn Rate 5.5 and Inertia Rating 18).
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While this isn't for me, I was recently talking to somebody about a Tac in a Tac Bort and the problems that might arise...and well...I'm just not the best person by a long shot to offer much of any build advice for that particular combination.

So I figured I'd reach out to the community to tap the experience folks have or even any theorycrafting they might have done for somebody that's a Tac looking to have some fun in a Tac Bortasqu' there, yeah?

It's the flagship right...what can be done with her these days, eh?

I see you're lurking. Some questions.

Set, no set?
    Fleet available, not available?
    Upgrade?
    Fun, do solo missions, not die and not take forever?
    Fun, do group content, and not drag the team to oblivion?

Or what will likely always be Meta for a non T6, the already mentioned BFAW boat?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    I see you're lurking. Some questions.

Set, no set?
    Fleet available, not available?
    Upgrade?
    Fun, do solo missions, not die and not take forever?
    Fun, do group content, and not drag the team to oblivion?

Or what will likely always be Meta for a non T6, the already mentioned BFAW boat?

Yep, I can't really answer some of those questions for the other player...heh. Ran into them in an ISA, so I'd figure they'd be working on a queue-build where they'd want to contribute to the team and git 'r done. Beyond that, couldn't say. Thus the general/broad question...

I avoid giving build advice like the plague, but if I were doing a "do not do this" sort of build...hrmm.

T5U adds a Sci console, yeah? So it would be 5 Tac, 4 Eng, and 2 Sci Consoles...hrmm.

Sporting the following BOFF Layout, eh?

X, X
    X, X, X, X
    X, X
    U, U, U
    U

TT1, FAW2, APO1
    KLW1, FAW2

EPtS1, RSP1, EPtW3, AtS3
    ET1

HE1, ST2

2x Rom SROs in the Tac slots, 2x Naus Pirates in the Eng slots, the Hierarchy Efficient/Pirate in the Sci slot.

2x VR DCE (EPtX CD Reduction)
    VR WCE (Cleanse)
    VR FE (RSP Duration)
    VR Conn (TT CD Reduction, AP Buff)
    VR Conn (AP CD Reduction)

3x Vulnerability Locator [+Dis], Harmonic, Multi-Relay
    Bounty Hunter's Friend, Conductive RCS [Kin], Assimilated Module, Hydrodynamic
    Rom Flow [Pla], Plasmonic Leech

Resonant Transphasic, Resonant Disruptor Array, Polarized Disruptor Array, Nanite Disruptor Array
    Kinetic Cutting Beam, Disruptor Omni Array, Bio-Molecular Disruptor Array, Plasma-Disruptor Array

Nukara Deflector
    Nukara Engine
    Iconian Core
    Iconian Shield

Starship Traits: Improved Temporal Insight, Improved Pedal to the Metal, Subwarp Sheath, All Hands on Deck

Reputation Active Traits: Refracting Tetryon Cascade, Quantum Singularity Manipulation, Bio-Molecular Shield Generator, Deploy Sensor Interference Platform

Reputation Traits: Precision, Advanced Targeting Systems, Advanced Hull Reinforcement, Auxiliary Power Configuration - Offense

Personal Traits: Elusive, Crippling Fire, Last Ditch Effort, Intense Focus, Pattern Recognition, Momentum, Inspirational Leader, Fluidic Cocoon, Beam Barrage

Specialization: Intel Primary/Pilot Secondary

Lolwut you ask? Lolwut I say!

Like I said, lol, I don't do build advice...and in case anybody missed it earlier, heh, I'm not recommending that as a build. It was a quick hrmmm thing...haven't flown it...couldn't say how it performed...etc, yadda, etc, yadda.

There are folks much better at putting together efficient builds than me...and voila...creating this thread and asking folks for their thoughts to try to help out that player if they happen to catch the thread.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=entrylevelcommandbortasqu1_0

Just a very basic, entry level suggestion for the Command Bortasqu'. I don't know what the guy has and I'm not going to start recommending all sorts of crazy, expensive, endgame gear, nor am I assuming he has all sorts of T5 Reputations and Starship Traits abound. I'm not recommending **** like Epic upgraded consoles, Kemocite Weaponry, etc.

I'm assuming he's a bit new since you're asking build help on his behalf. With that belief in hand, the build in the link I put forth is very cheap to attain. I left a lengthy bit of word about it in the Description section. This build I think will make for one to jump into action with and have fun with the Bortasqu. This is more of a foundation to start from and improve upon.

It's been a very long time since I gave build help. I used to do it more but had run into some thankless TRIBBLE, so I let them go on to make some huge mistakes that I saw coming miles down the road.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yep, I can't really answer some of those questions for the other player...heh. Ran into them in an ISA, so I'd figure they'd be working on a queue-build where they'd want to contribute to the team and git 'r done. Beyond that, couldn't say. Thus the general/broad question...

I avoid giving build advice like the plague, but if I were doing a "do not do this" sort of build...hrmm.

T5U adds a Sci console, yeah? So it would be 5 Tac, 4 Eng, and 2 Sci Consoles...hrmm.

Sporting the following BOFF Layout, eh?

X, X
    X, X, X, X
    X, X
    U, U, U
    U

TT1, FAW2, APO1
    KLW1, FAW2

EPtS1, RSP1, EPtW3, AtS3
    ET1

HE1, ST2

2x Rom SROs in the Tac slots, 2x Naus Pirates in the Eng slots, the Hierarchy Efficient/Pirate in the Sci slot.

2x VR DCE (EPtX CD Reduction)
    VR WCE (Cleanse)
    VR FE (RSP Duration)
    VR Conn (TT CD Reduction, AP Buff)
    VR Conn (AP CD Reduction)

3x Vulnerability Locator [+Dis], Harmonic, Multi-Relay
    Bounty Hunter's Friend, Conductive RCS [Kin], Assimilated Module, Hydrodynamic
    Rom Flow [Pla], Plasmonic Leech

Resonant Transphasic, Resonant Disruptor Array, Polarized Disruptor Array, Nanite Disruptor Array
    Kinetic Cutting Beam, Disruptor Omni Array, Bio-Molecular Disruptor Array, Plasma-Disruptor Array

Nukara Deflector
    Nukara Engine
    Iconian Core
    Iconian Shield

Starship Traits: Improved Temporal Insight, Improved Pedal to the Metal, Subwarp Sheath, All Hands on Deck

Reputation Active Traits: Refracting Tetryon Cascade, Quantum Singularity Manipulation, Bio-Molecular Shield Generator, Deploy Sensor Interference Platform

Reputation Traits: Precision, Advanced Targeting Systems, Advanced Hull Reinforcement, Auxiliary Power Configuration - Offense

Personal Traits: Elusive, Crippling Fire, Last Ditch Effort, Intense Focus, Pattern Recognition, Momentum, Inspirational Leader, Fluidic Cocoon, Beam Barrage

Specialization: Intel Primary/Pilot Secondary

Lolwut you ask? Lolwut I say!

Like I said, lol, I don't do build advice...and in case anybody missed it earlier, heh, I'm not recommending that as a build. It was a quick hrmmm thing...haven't flown it...couldn't say how it performed...etc, yadda, etc, yadda.

There are folks much better at putting together efficient builds than me...and voila...creating this thread and asking folks for their thoughts to try to help out that player if they happen to catch the thread.

I like your build a lot. It's similar to mine and it does great. I do use the auto cannon because it's fun and can solo take down the transformer in a pug. (seriously, it got buffed with DR or something. Pre-DR I was getting 9k per hit; now, i'm getting about 18-20k per hit)

If you want an extra fun build. Go DHCs and use the heavy disruptor turret, counter command console, the console from the delta flight FE, Counter Command deflector and engine, and the Qib ship trait. The Bortasqu actually turns really well.