test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [May 7, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our weekly maintenance tomorrow as well as apply an updated patch at 7AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 2.5 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9227173-star-trek-online%3A-release-notes%3A-may-7%2C-2015

When is that in your timezone? Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150511T07&p1=224&hc_location=ufi

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Holy Patch Notes Batman!

I love the content within... a lot of work + loving the pilot ships (hands credit card), although my banker hates you :P
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Disappointing to see that the Deferi dailies are still not even acknowledged as broken, and there's no mention for Zaria crashing REPEATEDLY during an episode mission.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You really really sure you can do it in 2h30min?

You should never forget what Scotty told LaForge.

But a lot of fixes, quite nice.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Anything on the crash for the Zaria ground map ?

Unable to finish the storyline on my Delta because of this ....

While playing the space, everything is ok, then at the ground part, somewhere on the map it will crash requiring a clearing of the cache folder to even load up the character again.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about the CONSTANT crashes at the Voth ground battlezone maps?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Two and a half week now since I was able to play this game.... And nothing in the patch notes that even acknowledge the problem. Thanks for caring cryptic....
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why is the Memorial Plaque still in such a place that hardly anybody goes there? It needs to be moved to some place like in front of the waterfall behind Quinns office.

Still no female option for the Photonic Boff?

Reduced the Penetration granted by "Penetrating Rounds" from 10% to 5%. Seriously? What was the excuse for this?

Brotherhood of the Sword:
    Mark rewards have been scaled down as they were initially set too high.
    What was set to high, the initial box you get as a daily reward or the pathetic rewards you get out of the blue standard box? Either way, this is just the devs forcing us to slow down with the rep again because of "metrics".
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Brotherhood of the Sword:
    Mark rewards have been scaled down as they were initially set too high.

Your idea of "too high" is not remotely the same as mine. I'm already only bothering to run one PvE a day for the new missions because without the daily box they reward far too low in my opinion, based on the time/effort they take to complete. It's actions like this which lead to the death of queues.

Also, when are you going to acknowledge that neither the Space or Ground (ground has gotten worse over the years but now are completely broken) Deferi daily missions are impossible to complete? Known issues, as always, seems a little empty.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No mention of the DOFF missions that have been missing or shifted since the Sector Space revamp? A lot of the sector specific ones only show up briefly in a "sweet spot" around sector borders which can be easily missed if travelling too fast, and some missions (the Haggle for Tulaberries/Ketracel/Bataret ones) are missing altogether (or are located so obscurely no-one I've spoken to has found them yet.... You can get the Jevonite Haggle mission around the Orias system but haven't seen any of the others)... This locks newer characters out of a lot of assignment chains that rely on those materials, and I'm sure the Exchange has responded by gouging people for the items.
  • Options
    majosea61majosea61 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still can't claim my To'Duj fighter plus no mention of fixing the New Romulus daily quest. :(
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also noted : the doff-assignments nerf i happening anyway ( despite numerous threads pointing out the problem with it ). Saying " we'll compensate that eventually " is not credible anymore b/c we all know that will never happen

As others have mentioned : nothing about the Breen map either ( defera dailies, storyline mission which is broken )

I'll never bother with Iconian reputation either . I find it decidedly lazy on part of devs to limit that entire thing to PvE-queues ( no other way to obtain marks ) . That won't work either , most folks will simply do other stuff where the certainty of success is much higher .

Somewhere in Cryptic's offices someone is thinking that making the game more grindy is a great idea ( forgetting that almost every other MMO is moving in the exact opposite direction ) . It's not like the old days , we now have choices which MMO we like to play . It might be a good idea for developers to start realizing this .

You know what will happen when all those new DR's of which you are so proud , reach level 50 ? They'll go play another game when they see the leveling curve from 50-60 , never to return to STO ...saddest part is that it could have been a great way to get new blood into STO : missed opportunity
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Some good fixes here. It's still a work in progress, next week will bring more.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you guys realize how long the notes would be if they mentioned every known bug or problem? Whats the character limit per post? I think this is a very good patch. they are fixing things and bringing others in line with everything else. It takes awhile and its not that easy. give em a break. their trying to make sure they fix the problem and not break something else at the same time. Given time, fixes will come, unless their more then 4 seasons old, then forget it. :P
  • Options
    arthour07arthour07 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you guys realize how long the notes would be if they mentioned every known bug or problem? Whats the character limit per post? I think this is a very good patch. they are fixing things and bringing others in line with everything else. It takes awhile and its not that easy. give em a break. their trying to make sure they fix the problem and not break something else at the same time. Given time, fixes will come, unless their more then 4 seasons old, then forget it. :P

Nothing stopping them from making a locked thread for known bugs and linking to it every time they bring up bugs
    I like shooting tings in mah flyfly space boat <3
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good work team..., this game is awesome.
    Regards,
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    seintseintseintseint Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice to see a lot of stuff fixed, but....nothing about the Borg's Red Alert that's still bugged with the Unimatrix that sometimes doesn't spawn?
    And...some news about when the foundry's creation content will be available?

ps. sorry my bad english :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks to the new patch, I'll have to change out an upgraded Ancient Omni-beam, and spend even more dilithium and time upgrading another AP Beam array.

"Can equip no more than 1 of these", Well, technically, I was equipping only 1 ancient omni-beam, because each of them is different.

You guys at Cryptic don't like it when people find ways around your forced limitations that demand that players play your way, do you?
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wish they would fix the bug where the breen patrol and deferi patrol no longer show in sector space as that sop us from doing the deferi dailies
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    robeasom wrote: »
    Wish they would fix the bug where the breen patrol and deferi patrol no longer show in sector space as that sop us from doing the deferi dailies

not just the dailies, the storyline mission "out in the cold "crashes ...
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The size of the patch is certainly impressive today.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Photonic Bridge Officer for Federation and Klingon Captains cannot be altered in the tailor without dismissing the current Photonic Officer if already claimed.

Huh... so the photonic officer IS customizable and all I have to do is just dismiss and reclaim them?
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    The size of the patch is certainly impressive today.

That's what she said.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    That's what she said.

LOL well played sir

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Defera Invasion Zone:
    Bugged Hard missions Probe, Power Plant and the City.
    We can interact with the consoles to start but nothing happens.
    City is bugged for years.
    After finishing city after 30.04.2015 patch game crashed and I was not able to file report.

Ground:
    We can not see our ground weapons and when they shoot.

Space:
    Same thing as ground we can not see our weapons fire.

KDF and Fed Delta Recruit:
    Mission "Temporal Ambassador" after going true maze and to give NPC what to do game is frozen and we can not continue. Game must be crashed by force.
    I done this mission on Federation Delta Recruit before expansion and I did not have the problem, but I have problem on my KDF Delta Recruit and I know that people have problem with Federation Delta Recruit and all is after Expansion.

Tour the Galaxy:
    15 minutes was good for old sector map, but for this new sector maps we need more time at least 30 minutes to finish all. We are also loosing time on stupid things because we have to even go back to system to if we failed to collect. Ship stops far away from system, do not register even if we are in system.

Loot:
    When the player receives offer when he is in team for a looted item, the item appears in a window that pops up above the chat window. After he press need, greed, etc this loot window stay blank. I see the bug frequently when I enter PvE queues. This Bug is long time in the game.

Borg Red Alert:
    The Borg Red Alert is Buggy and the Boss ship doesn't appear. The circle appears on the map as to where it should be, but no ship! This Bug lasts for very long time.

Dyson Battlezone:
    When you get mission "Aquire Battlezone Coomand Credits" this "Battle Zone Command Credit" are invisible. There are more people that can not see them.

Intro videos:
    For Delta Recruit, we can not go in the game after intro video. This bug is even before Delta recruit and Video for Delta quadrant makes game freeze too, and makes game to crash. Bug last for very long time. I have Federation delta recruit, Kdf and now Romulan delta recruit. Federation and Romulan delta recruit I can not go in because of this intro video after we had chosen to not skip tutorial. We can not go in to play. I had problem with KDF intro video but after forced crash of the game I could go in and play on my KDF delta recruit.

Change quadrants:
    Ship goes somewhere up. Not like before so we are loosing time to guide our ships or to wait for to come to border, especially during “Tour the Galaxy”.

Systems in sector space:
    Ships stops far away from system, and it is bad when we do missions and we select to go to that system.

Trade cargo ships:
    We do not have them anymore. There where cheap items that we need for our fleet projects.

Kit module:
    Attempting to equip fabrication kit module Force field dome Mk VI on my Delta Recruit, just throws up system chat message.
    "[Inventory] This item is busy. Please try again in a few seconds."
    Attempting to equip by dragging or r/click equip have the same results.
    Before I could be anywhere and put it on, but now I have to be on the ground to put it on.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    • Implemented some Klingon faction asset improvements.
      • Improvements to male boots.
      • Improved overall body proportions.
      • Minor changes to Klingon Bortasqu, Standard Uniform Uppers, and arm attachments to accommodate these changes.
    Nothing for the female boots (of which are also lacking)? :(

It's great to see the Klingon's being touched up, I just hope there's a lot more to come.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rikwessels wrote: »
    not just the dailies, the storyline mission "out in the cold "crashes ...

Which is preventing my KDF Delta Recruit from completing the Breen arc, and thus getting credit for the final bits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pec3 wrote: »
    Defera Invasion Zone:
    Bugged Hard missions Probe, Power Plant and the City.
    We can interact with the consoles to start but nothing happens.
    City is bugged for years.
    After finishing city after 30.04.2015 patch game crashed and I was not able to file report.

Also missing the Deferi and Breen Patrols for the Deferi space dailies.
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Complaining is futile !

these are not bugs but features !

and game is crashing as intended !

;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
This discussion has been closed.