test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reputation components

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
So, I was talkin with some other folks the other day and someone suggested, why doesn't cryptic put reputation components like ancient power cells and neural processors, etc on the c-store in packs?

Some people don't have time to grind for them and others just hate PVE's (which people seem to fail constantly). So why not add them to the c-store? I bet it would sell a lot.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thedancingfoxthedancingfox Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just so that there is another post on this thread! . . . :)

I could understand the view that the Reputation system is meant to be "earnt" and not "bought."

It's one of those things that shows you have invested "X amount of time" into the game.

If you take that away, by allowing pay for win . . . it's not really "reputation", is it?
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I could support this on one condition: Must have completed said reputation to T5 on at least one character.

Yes, there is already a sponsorship token, but it does not account for the items needed to make reputation items.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Didn't they just put the "reputation doohickies" under that third project slot at 100 appropriate marks per, on a once-a-day "timer"?

So you "earn" them via mark accumulation instead of just buying them off the C-store?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    So, I was talkin with some other folks the other day and someone suggested, why doesn't cryptic put reputation components like ancient power cells and neural processors, etc on the c-store in packs?

Some people don't have time to grind for them and others just hate PVE's (which people seem to fail constantly). So why not add them to the c-store? I bet it would sell a lot.
    How about no? It's not even needed since you can "buy" them anyway with normal marks.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.