Options

Delete account?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vanitypetvanitypet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    There are indeed legal ramifications for what the OP is asking... His account, despite I suspect him believing otherwise, is and always has been the property of Cryptic/PWE...

They own the account and everything within it... Always have, always will...They allow him to use the account as part of the 'service agreement' that exists between the player and Cryptic...

If you're having drama's with the UI, do you mean the game UI or something with the website?

I know general chat in game is something of a cesspit and can't always find helpful answers, so if you wanna PM me (through the forums) your in-game handle, I'd be happy to give you a hand in-game with things you're not sure about...

Don't claim to be any sort of expert on the finer points btw, but will help where I can if you need some...

Yes im having drama with the UI. You seem and i would bet my toe on you being a moral human. Not as moral as some...but i would bet that toe on how you see morality to be. A toe vs a Lab mouse. i'm sure i would lose my toe every time.
    Still it would be worth it just for the experience alone.
    You are far to jaded and even if i could add,,, tired. Not so bitter as to just turn off these threads altogather, but just enough to " curb your enthusiasm. " for the ....." You can state far better then i.
    Still i hold that a legal process is the only way to remove content added by the user.
    Know that you will forever be more helpful and clear guid then myself on these forums. For that you are honorable. May you ever be.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Listen, if your quitting becasue of a nerf then you don't need to be playing STO anyways. I can think of ....OH about 25 more reasons to quit and I still play. I just relized I can play the game without contributing anything. Trust me its alot better game in the long run and your pocketbook is still full.
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can delete an account.

I forget exactly how, but I got near to doing it once, to the point of the final confirmation.

It wasn't hard to find the option, I just don't feel like looking right now.

PS - It wasn't a ragequit, it was an attempt at curtailing some bad spending habits of mine. I settled on learning self control instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Y'all are just a bunch of kids. :D

Dude - if you don't want to play the game any more, don't play the game any more. Don't log in, don't beam up, don't anything. If you can't stop yourself from logging into an account just because you have one, I respectfully suggest your problems may run deeper than your relationship with STO.

As for the suggestion to obtain legal assistance - be aware that they charge by the hour, rounding up from as little as one minute, even if they only spend that time laughing at you for trying to hire a lawyer to make someone delete your account.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Closed for the inflammatory comments that have been and are continuing to be made.
This discussion has been closed.