test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Project Building Starship (like Fleet Project)

locutuspicard359locutuspicard359 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Hello Dev's wath would you think of giving us a project just like the building of the starbase fleet but instead it would be Building our own Star Ship

by tath i propose We could be allowing to build our own Ship Spec but with a Min/Max you would allow us. For instance we could have 9 weapons slot but we would have to sacrifice a console slot or shield modifier...

Wath i am proposing is For instance a cruiser have 8 weapon slot and for instance 11 console slot with certain amount of hull and slow turning rate and go on... Tath result would be 100% ''resources'' and we would take that 100% resources but redistrubute it

For the Design you could offer us some template

And finaly it could be a long term project you put your ship to the dry dock to build it and if we want to modify it we would have Cool down on the star ship by puting Ec, Dil Personal Star ship Marks and Doff and go on... and the ship would not be avaible when it is on Refit or on building like a cool down ... a little like the reputation project .

Of course like i said you would put the Min\Max resources for instance unable to have more than 10 weapon slot AND IT IS JUST AN EXAMPLe.. Cryptic would decide The possibilties MIN/MAX on wath but imagine we could sacrifice 2 science slot for A secondary Shield or dual warp core... i mean the idea would go on and on. of course we would put the resource in the project but i think it would be intersting to see taht happening....

Wath about you guys, would you be interested in investing in a project like this? do you think it would be a good idea?

apologize for my grammar my first born language is not english i hope my message will be understable.

Respectfully
Locutuspicard359
Post edited by locutuspicard359 on

Comments

• stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hmmmm i rather like this idea. I would support it
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i think they said that this might happen in r&d someday...
    obvious question is if i can build my own starship why should than buy any other?
  • benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    /negative

While it seems a nice idea, to balance it out properly will be a mess and horrible amount of work (and truth be told, that isn't being done well enough already with the fixed content Cryptic creates themselves), and seems to me it is even more putting the balance towards those who can afford it through either money or lots of gameplay (not that I'm not one of them, but that's besides the point).
    So - no, just no.
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • wozronnwozronn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can you imagine the field day that the min/maxers would have?

40k tried something similar years ago with a 'build your own vehicle' article in White Dwarf, and literally nobody used it to make fair and balanced vehicles.

The idea of a PvP optimized gunboat packing eight AP arrays and 8 AP damage boost consoles makes me giggle but I wouldn't think it would be fun in the long run.
  • locutuspicard359locutuspicard359 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it would be nice to develop the idea on the forum, wath would you do differently, if the basic idea interest you , give your idea on wath would be your way to do this, how could we make this work so cryptic would see the idea rentable for them so as fun and afordable for us?

Please help me develop the idea on the subject on the forum , give me your opinion on the idea and wath would you do, more details of your opinion on the subject

Respectfully
    Locutuspicard359
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,761 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I say, sure, throw in every ship class/part into the skin options, and as long as it's really no more than a Tier 4 vanity item, we could see something like this. It really shouldn't seriously be considered to compete as an endgame ship, though, otherwise, it would detract from the sale of C-Store ships.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Never going to happen unless you're charged an arm and a leg to do so.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    talonxv wrote: »
    Never going to happen unless you're charged an arm and a leg to do so.

I would pay ANYTHING to build my own ship.

I would love to be able to build a guardian T6 fleet cruiser with 8 weapon slots,
    4 Eng slots
    3 science slots
    4 tactical slots
    1.2 shield mod but 20% reduced hull hp
    custom and more tactical orriented boff slots

I would litterally pay:
    1m+ dilithum
    1-5 ship modules (those zen ones) 1 if you already own the guardian
    bunch of r&d mats
    doffs
    and so forth!

Seriously! I would LOVE this! A long term project like this would be amazing. Gives reason to log in everyay!

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.