test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconian War Propaganda Posters

pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
I love the graphics in the portal, those parodies of WWII propaganda posters. Are they, or will the be, available as wallpapers or downloadable posters? They are really neat.
Post edited by pacelli1 on

Comments

• Options
    gavin457gavin457 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I certainly hope they are. Those posters are pretty neat. Though, not all of them are based off of World War II. The honor guard one comes from this:

1Untitled1.png
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy has said they are working to make them into wallpaper.

However it is unlikely they will ever be posters. I have been told CBS doesn't let cryptic do merchandising, but I don't know that for sure, just second hand.

Also, another Gavin???? *draws sword* THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Just kidding, welcome to the forums dude. ^.^
  • Options
    gavin457gavin457 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks. Also, wallpaper does sound like a nice idea for those posters. Rosie the riveter as an Orion seems like something that should grace a player's desktop.
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes they're great and awesome and the greatest thing since sliced bread and blah, blah, blah. But between those and Bug Hunt this is starting to feel more like Starship Troopers online. Next thing you know they'll be requiring all characters to line up on ESD so Admiral Rico can give us the "everyone fights, no-one quits" speech.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    admiralthemadmiralthem Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Amen!" The text grid and sector trek was a lot less hassle, wasn't it?
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I assume they have the large, high-quality images lying around, so this wouldn't exactly be one of Heracles' labors...
    However it is unlikely they will ever be posters. I have been told CBS doesn't let cryptic do merchandising, but I don't know that for sure, just second hand.
    With the HQ images out in the wild, this would become irrelevant - we the fans would do it ourselves... after all, no sense letting that fine work gather dust on loading screens.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yeah... because we can't take an image and make it into a poster should we choose to do so... :D
    Yes they're great and awesome and the greatest thing since sliced bread and blah, blah, blah. But between those and Bug Hunt this is starting to feel more like Starship Troopers online. Next thing you know they'll be requiring all characters to line up on ESD so Admiral Rico can give us the "everyone fights, no-one quits" speech.

Whose Roughnecks?

Quinn's Roughnecks! Hoo HA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015

theres nothing stoping you doing a quick screen grab (Alt+PrtSc) and printing your own.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wall trophies.

That is what they should do with them. Make them unlockable wall trophies.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Wall trophies.

+1'd

Yes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This. They are a fun humorous out-of-universe gag, but if those are actually supposed to be in-universe and in-game they are very much out of place. Then again, I think Cryptic stopped pretending the whole Star Trek thing to be more than a name and a hand full of visuals to make pretty PR pics quite some time ago :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes they're great and awesome and the greatest thing since sliced bread and blah, blah, blah. But between those and Bug Hunt this is starting to feel more like Starship Troopers online.

If I ever get caught by the bugs I promise to concoct a brilliant plan to escape when they leave me under guarded. Don't shoot me in the face. :eek:
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gavin457 wrote: »
    Thanks. Also, wallpaper does sound like a nice idea for those posters. Rosie the riveter as an Orion seems like something that should grace a player's desktop.

Speaking of rosie the riveter the lady who posed as rosie for the norman rockwell original WW2 poster passed i think yesterday read an article about it . :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Sorry, a couple people seem to have misunderstood what I meant. Just as I didn’t mean “wallpaper” as in “actual paper to paste as a wall covering,” I meant a high-resolution portrait orientation (as opposed to a landscape “wallpaper”).

But, thank you for answering my question, gavinruneblade. May the Great Bird of the Galaxy bless Trendy’s planet.
    prierin wrote: »
    Yeah... because we can't take an image and make it into a poster should we choose to do so...

That was entirely my original intent (kinda why I asked the question)
    theres nothing stoping you doing a quick screen grab (Alt+PrtSc) and printing your own.
    Actually, there is. Where do you see them besides in the loading screen? Pictures in the loading screen are only shown on my system for a split second. I don’t even have time to realize what I’m looking at before it’s gone. If that was not the case, I never would have even asked the question, because I know how to do a screen capture.

Thanks, though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And, with the second "Tales of the War" posted, I guess I see how they are releasing them. There we have it!
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wall trophies.

That would be glorious, though given their size a little hard to make out in-game if scaled correctly.

Bit of advice: Don't overthink it. The Starship Troopers references in Bug Hunt were there because you're fighting giant space bugs on a crappy planet and the people writing this stuff are giant nerds. That's all there is. It's a wink and a grin to the genre.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My long shot hope on this is Ferengi War Bonds. An actual physical real world printable novelty I could hang up somewhere. That would be cool!!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Or, y'know, 950 million, give or take.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I have to say, the posters are brilliant and even a week on, I'm spotting the odd new one.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In another game those posters would be nice but they feel out of place in a Star Trek game.
    Very reministant of WW2 recruitment.
    I could see the Klingons maybe having them, even the Romulans to an extent, but not the Federation .
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still plan to be turning these into wallpapers. I just have been down with the sickness lately (oo-wah-ah-ah-ah)
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still plan to be turning these into wallpapers. I just have been down with the sickness lately (oo-wah-ah-ah-ah)

Please take care of yourself!! I am getting over my worst cold in years (flu??) and even that is still tiring. I don't want you to put yourself at risk.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm very Disturbed by this revelation. Stupefied, even. It's a good thing that Trendy is Indestructible, or she might find herself Overburdened by her insistence on doing work-related activities while Stricken with pneumonia. It's Criminal, really--but at least she's well enough to say "I'm Alive".

...Thank you, I'll see myself out.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    I'm very Disturbed by this revelation. Stupefied, even. It's a good thing that Trendy is Indestructible, or she might find herself Overburdened by her insistence on doing work-related activities while Stricken with pneumonia. It's Criminal, really--but at least she's well enough to say "I'm Alive".

...Thank you, I'll see myself out.

You had better, or you'll find Pain Redefined when I knock you into The Night with Ten Thousand Fists. That many puns should be Criminal.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wonder who in their right mind gave the go ahead with this propaganda TRIBBLE lol.

They atleast should put an option to not have to see them its kinda like the lockboxes turns the game away from trek canon.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I find I barely see them at all. Something seems to have been done on the back end with Season 10 that makes loading go WAY faster. Blink and you'll miss it. Almost literally. Wallpapers are about the only way I'll get more than a split second look.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,772 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Not to self - Nag LT about wallpapers AFTER she gets better.

And since you put off seeing your doctor for three weeks, and your test came back pneumonia, you should not be back in the office until the end of May. That is a serious, proper, true estimate of the time to recover from pneumonia, absent special meds and listening to your doctor. You can only shorten that time by actually resting.

Time to sit on the couch and watch an Indiana Jones Marathon or to re-read your favorite book trilogy in bed. Avoid laugh riot comedies. If you laugh to hard you'll get light headed or possibly even pass out. { experience is my teacher on that one }

Now get out of here. YOU'RE SICK! ( covers face like a vampire and backs away from computer ) And quickly before you transmit a computer virus that gets one us forumites sick. ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aye, I miss them too during the loading screens. There, then gone again in the blink of an eye.

Oh and Trendy, seriously, go back to bed. As other have said, you're sick and you need your time to recover.
  • Options
    tostrekkie7tostrekkie7 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree, the Propaganda Poster load screens are entertaining. I hope they keep designing more. Good work Devs, never thought I'd look forward to a loading screen more than I do now. Here are my favorite ones.

Most Trekkie:
    Federation Command Insignia created with starships.
    (If the starships were detailed I'd so want one as a desktop background or screen saver)

Most inspirational:
    MACO First In Last Out.
    (Bad-TRIBBLE Space Marines hoo-rah)

Cheesiest / Funny
    Kling On to Our Future
    (Get it? Kling On, Klingon???? Rofl, Double Face palm award winner)
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wall trophies.

Here take all my cookies!!! *shoves thousands of cookies in your direction*

This absolutely this.