test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yellow

draigondraigon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
So I got one of the new beams in a box today and found they are yellow. What's with the devs and yellow beams lately? The delta beams were yellow too. Really shouldn't the poloron be a different shade of purple and the AP a different shade of red? At least maybe the base color with yellow accent. I know, I know, I'm being nit-picky here, but it's so ugly.
Post edited by draigon on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what is the color that has been associated with the word 'radiant' since the very first time it ever appeared in a video game?

usually yellow, and that's why radiant antiprotons are yellow
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And before these two...how many weapons in the game were yellow? :P

Green and Blue are the colors we don't need to see much of for a while :D (And I say that with green being my favorite color)
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wont be satisfied until we have pink, then the true rainbow boats can be realized!!!! :D
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• sillett131#8260 sillett131 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would love to have pink beams
  • draigondraigon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what is the color that has been associated with the word 'radiant' since the very first time it ever appeared in a video game?

usually yellow, and that's why radiant antiprotons are yellow

Radiant simply means bright or shining. Any color can be radiant. Besides even if we did associate radiance with yellow, it doesn't explain why thoron infused poleron are yellow too. As I said before, I wouldn't even mind the beams to have yellow accents.

To be honest I didn't even really mind the thoron pol beams being yellow, but then we already had a variation on pol beams from the dyson rep too. I think I'm more bothered by the fact both types of beams look the same than anything else.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While I can agree it really does clash with traditional Anti-Proton(feels too much like shooting ketchup and mustard at everything), I'm just glad we didn't get another green weapon/visual set.

I would have preferred a prismatic/bright violet for them(something still in the red spectrum), but I suppose they can atleast be used to quasi-imitate phasers on Starfleet ships.
    edited April 2015
    szerontzur wrote: »
    While I can agree it really does clash with traditional Anti-Proton(feels too much like shooting ketchup and mustard at everything), I'm just glad we didn't get another green weapon/visual set.

I would have preferred a prismatic/bright violet for them(something still in the red spectrum), but I suppose they can atleast be used to quasi-imitate phasers on Starfleet ships.

Ketchup and mustard lol...makes me tempted to make a ship and mix and match standard ap and radiant!
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't want pink beams unless they leave glitter trails and are effective vs unicorns.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bunansa wrote: »
    I wont be satisfied until we have pink, then the true rainbow boats can be realized!!!! :D

You know, I accidentally created one of those. :) I didn't even know that they had a name for it.

On my first Captain, I just kept putting the best color/level weaps on my ship as they dropped and it just happened. Then I came across a vid on YT with someone in a Sov swooping all directions firing at at some Klingons Attacking what looked like ESD.

I've never come across one in game, though.

So is Radiant the next Anti-Proton? Will it be all the rage soon? Just curious.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited April 2015
    You know, I accidentally created one of those. :) I didn't even know that they had a name for it.

On my first Captain, I just kept putting the best color/level weaps on my ship as they dropped and it just happened. Then I came across a vid on YT with someone in a Sov swooping all directions firing at at some Klingons Attacking what looked like ESD.

I've never come across one in game, though.

So is Radiant the next Anti-Proton? Will it be all the rage soon? Just curious.

Not really...it has a proc which takes away from the CrtD...so I doubt it will be very popular cept maybe for more tanky builds.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Speaking of Radiant...

Anyone remember this bit of graffiti art from the 1990s?

Now that's what Radiant should look like. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.