test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Enter "Fluid Dynamics"

jauhn82jauhn82 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I accepted the mission "Fluid Dynamics" and tried to play it but was unable to enter the mission via sector space. The missions says enter via "Kuda System in the Beta Quadrants", but no mission waypoint on the map. When you reach the system no door opens up, although they system info on mouse-over shows a green mission circle icon.

When you try to use the quick transport and even though you are in the Beta Quadrant the only option is to Transwarp. When you do select Transwarp, you get Transwarped into the old Sector Space map, which of course the system puts you back into the current new sector map.

I have tried everything including colliding with the system sun and orbiting bodies, going both above and below the system and no door shows up. For my Delta Recruit toon I can not complete the Borg Story Arch Objective without being able to enter and completeing the mission. I even tried dropping and restarting the mission, to no avil.

I do hope this bug is fixed before the Delta Recruit thing ends and I can not complete my progression.

EDIT: Just tested, mission door works for Federation Toons, but none that is allied with the KDF. tested between three people. KDF faction is still linked to the old sector space i do believe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
@Rellimtime82 - Foundry Author
Post edited by jauhn82 on

Comments

• talismanedmtalismanedm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same for me and another fleet member too.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here KDF.
    I am guessing its since they changed the map they didn't place the entry for the mission as available for all factions.

also noticed a slight kind of related problem with this for the mission 'Report to Gamma Orionis' where you used to have to use a transwarp hub to access the map there is now a location in the Beta block for this purpose so they have removed the hub.
    only problem is they have forgot to remove the mission location marker for the hub so when you have the mission if you happen to be in that area say after leaving qo'nos for example the old location marker and direction arrow shows up on your mini map.
    if you go ahead and click the auto navigate you will end up traveling to the new location but its still a bit un-nerving for a while until you get close enough for the new location arrow to appear, if you happen to choose to fly manually to the destination its very confusing to find no transwarp hub around when you get there.
    cant say if this effects feds as well as KDF as yet.
    the irony is when you enter the map to join the battle group you enter via a transwarp hub.

I have a feeling we are going to find a few of these 'new map' related issues for a little while.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice to know I'm not the only one.

I cannot begin this mission with my Delta Recruit (who happens to be KDF) or any of my KDF toons. On the Fed side, I can select it and warp right to it and get the pop=up to begin the mission. On the KDF side, you don't even get the little highlighted circle around the Kuda System to let you know to go there.

Hope it gets fixed. Sucks to be this close to finishing the Delta Recruit Event and hit a snag like this that just stalls everything.
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem. KDF.
  • wo1dashwo1dash Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi, I also cannot start Fluid Dynamics - For my 3 Fed toons - No problem. On KDF aligned, accepted the mission, no map highlight on Kuda. Flew there anyway and no 'pop up' for fluid dynaics is presented, no matter where you fly. It makes no difference whether I have previously completed this or arive to simply complete the story line. DOWNER - Cannot complete the story arc or get to the breen for the final delta rewards. It's TRIBBLE!
  • ysarndraxysarndrax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As above. Just wanted to make sure that more instances of the issue were being logged.
  • oregon87oregon87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Early today I could not get the mission Fluid Dynamics to trigger at the Kuda system on my KDF-Rom.
  • starfall9starfall9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes. I tried everything on my KDF toon. I cannot get the mission start window to pop up anywhere in Kuda system.
  • searphsearph Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same for myself my KDF can not do the mission and i have completed it with two feds
  • gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also can't access it with my KDF character.
  • zeluthaszeluthas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also can't start it with my KDF aligned Reman. It's really bad since it prevents me from getting the last delta recruit rewards I'm waiting for.
    edited April 2015
    so there a fix in the works or a work around? this is quite annoying i want to complete the delta with my KDF
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dunno about a fix for this. But its deffinately a bug thats happened with more system than just Kuda. Sometimes you can get them to work just by instance hopping. Like I said, sometimes, this isn't a guarintee.

I've attempted to replay this mission and have bug reported it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • sicnathronsicnathron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue on my KDF toon. Been waiting for a fix, working on a fed rom in the meantime... Since that seems less broken but I really want to finish all the story arcs with all my toons. Don't want to know what effects this is going to have on less forgiving new players. Of which I myself am new to the game as well and this basically killed what immersion I had. Already filed a ticket to resolve this issue as well as I'm sure several have.
  • spikeguyverspikeguyver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. KDF Reman. Ticket # 3,409,098

This is exceptionally vexing for me as its my Delta Recruit toon. Since she can't start the mission, let alone complete it, she can't complete the Borg Advance arc, and thus is not able to obtain the upgraded Starship Trait. Not sure if I could finish a new Delta character in the time left for the event and want to make sure I get it before the event ends just to be safe.
  • neuralswapneuralswap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here Ferasan toon, also if u use the transwap EC u just trow 20k EC cuz bring u in a different system not the Kuda one
    edited April 2015
    trennan wrote: »
    Dunno about a fix for this. But its deffinately a bug thats happened with more system than just Kuda. Sometimes you can get them to work just by instance hopping. Like I said, sometimes, this isn't a guarintee.

I've attempted to replay this mission and have bug reported it.

I have changed instances so many times I have lost count, dropped the mission restarted it all to no effect, the bug is still there ...this will be quite upsetting if its not fixed
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Frost covered this one in the post: Fluid Dynamics
    Verified both issues, KDF cannot play the mission, and ships can get stuck in the Borg structures. Thanks for the reports.

There's already a fix inbound for the KDF issue. At latest it should be in next week's update.

So it should work Thursday.
  • bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    all very well they fix it Thursday but isn't the delta event due to end Thursday anyway ?. never see them bug a zen store item
  • jauhn82jauhn82 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bandraoi44 wrote: »
    all very well they fix it Thursday but isn't the delta event due to end Thursday anyway ?. never see them bug a zen store item

I did a quick search in the news archive, and the event is 7 weeks long. We are currently as of this post working on week 4, so if the fix comes out this thursday then we will have a couple of weeks to complete this mission and/or find more bugs that provent us from finishing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Rellimtime82 - Foundry Author
  • bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks jauhn82 wasn't sure when it finished glad ill be able to finish before the event ends would have been really annoyed if it ended Thursday and been that close and stopped due to a bug.
    :)
  • phreskophresko Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did not work for my KDF Romulan, I go to Kuda II and III and the is no option to start the mission.

Did work for my Fed.
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No dev reply on wether this will be fixed ?
    jFriX.png
  • arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well it looks like they don't care. Cause it is mosley offecting the KDF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    No dev reply on wether this will be fixed ?

“Fluid Dynamics”
    Resolved an issue which was causing KDF Captains to not be able to enter this episode.
    Resolved an issue where allies would sometimes not help the players.

Tomorrow according to the latest patch notes...
    cmbanner2015.jpg