test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you enjoy cutscenes in stf's?

guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So with the recent batches of stf's they're full of it.

Cut scenes also include warping scenes. Basically anything that removes the control/gameplay.

Yes, No, or not sure?

I dislike them a LOT, so no I don't like them.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
Post edited by guilli88 on

Comments

• Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No...

Cutscenes are fine for story missions but queued content is very much "action" oriented. If you have a good rhythm going those cut scenes can be very distracting...

Unfortunately I think the devs love them so everything is going to have cutscenes moving forward.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    No.

Cut scenes are fine the first time around. Then they just become that annoying wasted time you have to wait at the beginning just because.

Brotherhood is horrible because there is a damn load screen after the cut screen, and the load screens in ESD and Qo'nos have gotten kind of buggy (Load, you're in, load again).
  • Options
    mvaiksmvaiks Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No. I hit ESC like crazy until it disappears, specially when I'm running the mission on my nth toon...
    --- My sig begins here ---
    Member since Jan 24th 2010 (more or less)
    Career Officer
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Meh.

What bothers me is when my pets don't follow. They should reset all clickies
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I find their timing annoying in Borg Disconnected, but not enough that I don't enjoy the instance.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only cutscene that bugs me is the one in Hive Space where if you don't hit Esc as fast as you can you may end up vaporized. Other than that, cutscenes don't not bother me.

I like the new missions. I like that there's more to do than DPS. The cutscenes and the voice over all add to the story (even though that dude should only need to tell me when the first transport leaves and not all three).

Cutscenes also serve the purpose of pulling the blinders off of pugs and getting them to move on to the next section.
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Like a formidable tooth ache.
    Or any other pain you like to word it in.

Once is OK, twice, well I can live with it.
    But continuously?
    GOD....
  • Options
    sillett131#8260 sillett131 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I love cutscenes in games.What I despise is not being able to skip them. I enjoy being able to control what I'm playing.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    iamdoom23 wrote: »
    I love cutscenes in games.What I despise is not being able to skip them. I enjoy being able to control what I'm playing.
    In the case of BD, the cutscene is covering up a scenery change that happens when 8472 and the Voth show up.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Intros/Outros? Sure.

During the actual gameplay? Not so much. But at least STF's like Brotherhood of the Sword allow you to skip them.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This right here.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Overall, I love them... they make me feel like I'm immersed in a game universe rather than just rolling a series of virtual dice.

That said, having the ability to skip ones I've seen several times is nice. Not a deal-breaker, but nice.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can deal with them at the start of an STF but during? No. Incredibly annoying. One of the reasons I avoid Borg Disconnected. Its disruptive and can also mean you waste a BOFF power if a cutscene kicks in right before you activate.
  • Options
    kaiserwillykaiserwilly Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That is right on the money.

Although, I also like ikt when you can end the cutscene video - but the audio keeps playing. That doesn't interfere so much.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No.

Cut scenes are only there, in conjunction with the timer, to keep you in that queue fur a certain amount of time. It's all about satisfying the metrics, not the player's desire for fun.

That's why the S10 queues will be dead in a month.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    fatman592 wrote: »
    No.

Cut scenes are only there, in conjunction with the timer, to keep you in that queue fur a certain amount of time. It's all about satisfying the metrics, not the player's desire for fun.

There are not exactly a lot of cut scenes in the space ones. The ones in the Herald Sphere are between phases. I can't think of any I've seen in GtG. Didn't do the ground one yet though.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    There are not exactly a lot of cut scenes in the space ones. The ones in the Herald Sphere are between phases. I can't think of any I've seen in GtG. Didn't do the ground one yet though.
    Brotherhood of the sword has mostly short ones that let you know when you've completed a phase. Except for the intro, they're very short.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes. (That said, I also like the ability to skip them if I feel like it.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would really like an option to auto skip any cutscene.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2015
    No i hate them, especially the ones that pop out during the actual game play. Bug Hunt i'm looking at you....
    Cutscenes are fine before the mission starts or after it, during it it is a MASSIV annoyance that interrupt the game flow significantly and grinds the mission to a full stop.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    heh. play order 18something something.

Learn what flowbreak really means. STO cutscenes are my "tabbing out to start next video" moment.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think its the final fantasy and diablo experience in my past but I love them. The cutscene marks victory. Rewards are stuffed in inventory and forgotten. The closing cutscene says "you won".

Interrupting the fight.... All I can say is at least its not as bad as watching knights of the round five times in one fight. But its not really enjoyable.

So, skipping them needs to be possible.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Like others have said, once is fine but after that they're little more than an annoyance. Oh and the pop ups in ground maps such as infected are irritating as hell.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cutscenes are okay if I can choose when they run. Due to the incredible intermittent lag we've been experiencing recently, sometimes action starts before the cutscene finishes. Nothing like finding you've already been engaged by the enemy and have taken damage before you can even shoot back.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Brotherhood of the sword has mostly short ones that let you know when you've completed a phase. Except for the intro, they're very short.

Short but unskipable, I hate having those to tell me that my teammates have managed to click the buttons, especially as they assume I want to holster my gun and stand like a zombie in the middle of a damn fire fight. Sick of getting killed watching that rubbish...
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i hate the cutscenes in fight, stfs or missions. they break the immersion
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fatman592 wrote: »
    No.

The queues will be dead not because of cutscenes, but because of powerboards, sandcastles and jetpacks.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If they are skipable, yes.
    If they arent, I would like to see them removed.
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    guilli88 wrote: »
    So with the recent batches of stf's they're full of it.

Cut scenes also include warping scenes. Basically anything that removes the control/gameplay.

Yes, No, or not sure?

I dislike them a LOT, so no I don't like them.

If they're A) skippable and B) don't stop the action you're involved in, I don't mind them.

Unskippable cut scenes are the mechanically separated meat of STO.

But it takes a titanic idiot to think it's a good idea to add cut scenes in the middle of a battle when damage continues or is inflicted on you because the cut scene made it impossible to get away from a ship explosion in time.

Which is exactly why Cryptic made it so that damage is inflicted on you because the cut scene made it impossible to get away from a ship explosion in time. ;)
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008