Install Arc
Options

Earth's Moon?

2»

Comments

• Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Insurrection map does the Sol on the border trick, and places the Klingon empire completely with the Alpha Quadrant.

It says Beta.
    As a side note, SoL cannot remain on the boarder unless the border is defined by the location of Sol. SoL is a moving object.

Yeah, but you know how slow it is moving? Also it is on the border, yeah but it isn't the border. Eventually it will move to one side and be entirely on that side of the border.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    It says Beta.

So it does.

This looks like a copy of the non-canon source copied and pasted on screen so that the movie makers didn't have to think to be honest.

But I've decided log ago that the recent owners of the Star Trek IP don't care about consistency and in fact enjoy breaking it- especially with respect to TOS. I won't be surprised to see all this change when they do another series or movie- if they do any more.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So it does.

This looks like a copy of the non-canon source copied and pasted on screen so that the movie makers didn't have to think to be honest.

But I've decided log ago that the recent owners of the Star Trek IP don't care about consistency and in fact enjoy breaking it- especially with respect to TOS. I won't be surprised to see all this change when they do another series or movie- if they do any more.

I've only ever seen the map one other place. Star Trek Elite Force. But that game came out 2 years after the movie.

If you can't accept on screen evidence.. then what?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've only ever seen the map one other place. Star Trek Elite Force. But that game came out 2 years after the movie.

If you can't accept on screen evidence.. then what?

No, I can admit that I'm beaten. That's what it is now.

It's just a change from TOS, and to be honest I'll never wrap my head around it. I doubt that I'll ever be able to click "Return to the Beta Quadrant" without having to do a translation step in my head.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Also I dont know what you are smoking and drinking to think Star Trek had consistence in terms of cartography,

TOS didn't have much, but it kept things vague enough that problems are much more difficult to notice.

Oh, I still think of CBS as the new owners of the IP. Desilu was the owner of the version I liked :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I do point the finger to DS9 because a lot of the people involved come from TNG and ...

They basically gave up making sense long before DS9. Heck, I'd claim they gave up the ghost about halfway through season 2 TOS.

But TNG started revising earlier 'facts' and then couldn't even keep their revisions consistent. By the time they got to Enterprise they just didn't care anymore.

I disliked the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, but I wish Star Trek had gone the same route instead of claiming that everything fit together in the same setting. Less messy.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Then why do you still care so much
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Then why do you still care so much

Because I really did like the first season and half of TOS.

Favorite Sci-Fi until I found Federation of the Hub a few years ago...
  • Options
    countvampulacountvampula Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On July 14 2015, the probe New Horizons will perform a fly-by of Pluto. we should throw a party

*edit* according to wikipedia
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Earth's Moon is missing! :eek:

Awesome job on the planetary systems Devs, It's fun to cruise around them, but you forgot to put Earths moon in.

Also Pluto is missing as well.

Of Course it's missing.

Where have you been all these years? Don't you remember the explosion of the nuclear waste dump on the far side of the moon back in 1999?

;)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Moon? We don' need no stinkin' moon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for pointing out that oversight OP. While we are at it Taco also missed to insert the 67 confirmed moons of Jupiter.

Please get to it ASAP Taco or otherwise I won’t log in anymore! :mad:
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kimony wrote: »
    Of Course it's missing.

Where have you been all these years? Don't you remember the explosion of the nuclear waste dump on the far side of the moon back in 1999?

;)

Ah yes, I remember that.

Unfortunately such an occurrence would ensure the end of humanity (except those on Moonbase Alpha) with the massive devastation of Earth's ecosystem.

So no Star Trek then.

Thank you for the answer Taco, I just figured that the Moon might make it in sector space eventually because of it's size to Earth.

Wasn't it in the previous sector space before Season 10?
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its not missing, they used it up. where do you think they got all the materials for all these ships flying around.