test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconian Pvp

tfkevintfkevin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Is there a reason why you have to make it so impossible to do the pvp, I thought this was a fun game, you made it were you just don't want to play it anymore, stop over thinking and making it impossible, I don't have the money to buy items, it will take me years you get have decent stuff, do you hate us all and want us to suffer, its time to give us a break already
Post edited by tfkevin on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You make very little sense.

There are no iconians in PvP, and you don't have to spend money to play.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Before there was FTP there was Subscription. If you wanted to be good at PvP you paid $15.00 a month to play and still purchased a C-Store ship, like the Excelsior for $20.00.

The current system allows you to grind-out Dilthium all day long. Make 8,000 per day you have 240,000 in a month - or over 1,000 Zen for just playing 1 hour a day. Do that on 3 characters a month and you can get a free ship every month.

It would seem to me the current system is giving you a break. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The title got me really excited.

Then the first post happened.

My day is going to **** quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another thread about pvp fail in STO.

Another person that can't see the wood for the trees and just let it go.

Balanced pvp does not fit in the FTP model. And it never will. Its just how it is.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    You make very little sense.

There are no iconians in PvP, and you don't have to spend money to play.

I think he's referring to the Iconian Reputation and it's hilariously absurd passives (and actives).

Even a half blind targ could see how ridiculous and OP they are.
  • Options
    bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    caldannach wrote: »
    Balanced pvp does not fit in the FTP model. And it never will. Its just how it is.

It doesn't have to be completely balanced - just tolerable.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bobtheyak wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be completely balanced - just tolerable.
    Ideed. That's why I believe that cryptic is killing PvP on purpose.

thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Before there was FTP there was Subscription. If you wanted to be good at PvP you paid $15.00 a month to play and still purchased a C-Store ship, like the Excelsior for $20.00.

The current system allows you to grind-out Dilthium all day long. Make 8,000 per day you have 240,000 in a month - or over 1,000 Zen for just playing 1 hour a day. Do that on 3 characters a month and you can get a free ship every month.

It would seem to me the current system is giving you a break. :)

Getting a good ship for PvP really is the smallest problem today. Those costs are almost non-existend compared to the insane upgrade costs, the lobi stuff, the other 50 ships you need to get for the traits. The current system is anything, but it's obviously not an easy access to endgame PvP.
    Even if you spend the money for all that stuff, you still need to grind out all reps, crafting lvl 15 (for the broken op traits), spec trees...it's just way to much to get a toon rdy for arena. And that's only one reason why PvP is dead...
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Even if you spend the money for all that stuff, you still need to grind out all reps, crafting lvl 15 (for the broken op traits), spec trees...it's just way to much to get a toon rdy for arena. And that's only one reason why PvP is dead...
    Then we can just bury it and get on with our lives. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Then we can just bury it and get on with our lives. :)

This is just sad, but even I as a former die hard PvP fan can agree on this. There's only 2 options:
    a) bury it for good
    b) nuke holodeck from orbit and start again from S1.2 (which is not going to happen, but would actually be the best for all players, PvE and PvP)