test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I love star trek online because...

romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
The sheer number of new features that are brought out, the zen sales, lock boxes, doffs and sheer number of ships. Them there is the fantastic game engine that is so intuitive. The game play. .. so simple... rinse and repeat. Genius. Can't complete a mission first time? That's fine!! Play it hundreds of times again and again until you get it right. Then play it again and again!! GO CRYPTIC!!!
Post edited by romeowhiskey4 on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I tried inverting the whintonium field but my sarcasm detector still exploded.

Is there a point to your rant?

Since you will be rage quitting soon: can I haz ur stuffs?
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can drink beer, while in command of a starship. NASA won't let people do that.
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Because the pvpers can't adapt. :cool:
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just always seem to be able to find things that I want to do in STO.

I know not everyone feels that way, and that's cool.. but the honest truth is that I'm never bored in STO. Maybe it's the way they're always doing either an event or running feature episodes, but it always feels like there is something going on.

It's not perfect, nothing is.. but it's a fun game.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I love STO because in the absence of new StarTrek series Cryptic does a wonderful job of creating and expanding upon story content for us die hard Trekkies! If I had one complaint it would be that they don't create more original stories!

The ships and gameplay are extremely fun and easy to learn for beginners and casual players like me! Space combat in STO is truly unmatched in its balance of ease of use and variety which has been expanded greatly by Delta Rising and captain specializations. People can say what they will but DR has opened new doors for STO and introduced considerably more variety into the game now and in the future!

I love my Intel ships and I love the new Command and Pilot specs! Keep up the good work Cryptic! People only hate what they love... 😊
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    I can drink beer, while in command of a starship. NASA won't let people do that.

HAHA, that's awesome, good thing you've got a helmsman on your bridge... (I'd prefer my coffee, though)

Why I like STO:
    #1: You're not restricted to a spceific weapon type when you make your character (hate that in MMOs).

#2: You can respec just about everything should you make a mistake (with the exception of faction, race, gender, and class).

#3: You can command your own ship, AND customize its appearance (for the most part) and equipment... Galaxy Class with AntiProtons - Check, Negh'Var with Plasma beams - Check, D'Deridex with Tetryons - Check. :D

#4: New goodies and updates several times a year, keeps the game interesting.

#5: It's Star Trek, (perhaps not 100% canon, but aside from the movies/Tv shows what is?)

#6: It's untouched by Abrams, I realize some people liked those movies (I did too, to an extant), but for a Star Trek Game, (post-)TNG era is my favorite.

Do, I "Love" STO? No, I wouldn't say that. There are plenty of things I am not completely happy with, however, generally speaking STO is good enough to keep me coming back.

Nicely done Cryptic.

Take the good with the bad, then determine which you have more of...
  • jkersjkers Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When the game is running good..it's as good a game as any!! It has something for everyone..depending on how you want or what you want to play. And yes you can drink beers and fly a starship!!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    because.. entitlement claims are a common sight, as is buckets of popped corn, people running around without their heads wielding keyboards with sharp keys, and nasty little green people that get turned into stone as soon as the sunlight touches them... ...and thats just the forums.

each day is something new, even with some people thinking im the next worst thing to hell, so what, even when im making a pillock of myself sometimes, its fun just being around this whole thing. social interaction.

as far as the game goes;

because.. excelsior. enough said.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The sheer number of new features that are brought out, the zen sales, lock boxes, doffs and sheer number of ships. Them there is the fantastic game engine that is so intuitive. The game play. .. so simple... rinse and repeat. Genius. Can't complete a mission first time? That's fine!! Play it hundreds of times again and again until you get it right. Then play it again and again!! GO CRYPTIC!!!

If you are honestly so bothered by the state of the game perhaps that is a sign that it is time to uninstall the game and move on instead of insulting the Devs with a childish sarcastic rant.

Seriously there is a thread saying that Whining =/= Complaining, this is another example of what some would call an acceptable and constructive criticism.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I love STO because it lets me do space and ground battles. ANd it has a lot of content that allows for Solo players to make progress. Combine that with the DOff system and the BOff system, and crafting and I just about got everything I need in a game to make me happy. This now allows me to write Star Trek themed stories in my spare time.

SO I love the game for what it is. And hope that they continue to improve and expand the game.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • crusader0007crusader0007 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I imagine this thread would be close very soon for sarcasm as it was the countless others? :D
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good god I love this forum... so full of positivity
    Yeah you can haz my stuff. Not using it. Hell you could have my account but cryptic/pw won't let you or me. Waste of a lifetime service thingy really. I hasten to add i have already given the good stuff away but there is zen to be had.

Ah well... win some lose some. But yeah...stay positive cos the game might get better and less buggy! I mean... They have been promising that for years so sooner or later it's gotta come right???? Cross fingers and wish upon a star... :D
  • christarainbluechristarainblue Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No matter what I still'd like to slap you for leaving :) ...and maybe cause it's fun :D

Gonna miss ya, mate!
    edited April 2015
    You can't give me a stale piece of cake, put a **** load of icing on it and tell me it's good cake... cos that's what PW are doing to you all.

Don't get me wrong...this game was good once... but now it's gone to pot. Gonna miss P-Fleet but...well... don't be a stranger!
    edited April 2015
    You can't give me a stale piece of cake, put a **** load of icing on it and tell me it's good cake... cos that's what PW are doing to you all.

Don't get me wrong...this game was good once... but now it's gone to pot. Gonna miss P-Fleet but...well... don't be a stranger!

Just because you hate the state of the game doesn't mean every player thinks so, have you every thought that perhaps your opinion is not fact? or are you too arrogant?

Goodbye OP and Good Riddance, we won't miss you.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »

Thread over, everyone go home.

(This is why I keep all my alcohol drops in the account bank. Minibar in the ready room!)
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...it's Star Trek.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I love Star Trek Online.

- Because sexual harassment rules are nonexistent in Starfleet. And the Empire as well.
    - Because playing as a Klingon is loads of fun.
    - Because playing as a Space Elf Mage...errr, Romulan. Yeah! That's what I meant! is loads of fun.
    - Because this is the only place where I can simulate letting Deanna drive and not spend a lot of money.

Note: These are all tongue in cheek. Please do not take any of them seriously. It's a game. Act like it sometimes, people. :P
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...it's Star Trek.

QFT

/10char
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Why did you feel the need to engage in this thread if it violates your sensibilities so? Can you just delete your comment and ignore this OP's whine?

Why did you feel the need to engage this poster if it violates your sensibilites so? Can you just delete your comment and ignore this posters whine?
    gHF1ABR.jpg
    edited April 2015
    maina wrote: »
    Why did you feel the need to engage this poster if it violates your sensibilites so? Can you just delete your comment and ignore this posters whine?

Because my Vintage Whine is irresistible, expertly fermented and matured only from the finest grapes watered with forum tears. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2015
    Because my Vintage Whine is irresistible, expertly fermented and matured only from the finest grapes watered with forum tears. :rolleyes:

This post makes me hungry for cheese. :D
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Because Data can laugh about lags now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...Your a Idiot.
    edited April 2015
    hyefather wrote: »
    ...Your a Idiot.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your
    hatchetl4d wrote: »
    Because Data can laugh about lags now.

What?
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hyefather wrote: »
    ...Your a Idiot.

There are only so many words I can drag out of my vocabulary to describe the amount of face palms this comment elicits... 😫
    edited April 2015
    Just because you hate the state of the game doesn't mean every player thinks so, have you every thought that perhaps your opinion is not fact? or are you too arrogant?

Goodbye OP and Good Riddance, we won't miss you.

You say this now but one day you will realise... and as such... I forgive you.
    edited April 2015
    samt1996 wrote: »
    There are only so many words I can drag out of my vocabulary to describe the amount of face palms this comment elicits... 😫

Omg... This. .. This is my new quite of the century.... THIS is what I will.miss.... not the fanboy brainwashing others seem to exude for this game but the dry desert like whiplash wit! You sir...are a genius...
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Star Trek Online exemplifies the testament that you can half-TRIBBLE a lot of things and still be "successful."
    edited April 2015
    I tried inverting the whintonium field but my sarcasm detector still exploded.

Is there a point to your rant?

Since you will be rage quitting soon: can I haz ur stuffs?

Sorry meant to respond directly. Stuffs haz gone. You would have been more than welcome to it.