test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heralds: Ground or Space, Extreme FPS loss and Sound Degradation/Echo

linksword01linksword01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Graphical and Sound Issues
This problem was present on TRIBBLE, and I had hoped it was dealt with there, but I guess not.

When I and/or my friend fight the Heralds, either in Space or Ground Combat, or a cutscene involving them or the Iconians occurs, we get severe FPS loss that takes us down (I go from 30 FPS to about 9). The sound also begins lagging, echoing, and degrading significantly, as if the audio is bouncing off of metal walls inside a trailer.

I tested this extensively on TRIBBLE with my friend (who is forum banned, so he reports via Reddit and Twitter), and we found that this problem occurs for the Heralds ONLY. No other species has this problem, so we believe it's some kind of effect elated to the heralds.

If someone could look into this, we would both be greatly appreciative.
Post edited by linksword01 on

Comments

• Options
    denniskr87denniskr87 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have same problem, but with Heralds, and all PVE games...
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes I'm getting the audio echo too and it's causing the sound to distort bad! I've quit playing twice today because it was so bad and out of frustration too! For whatever reason it doesn't seem as bad on the delta recruit but when I play the new missions it's there on my older alts. I hope this is fixed soon.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, it's good to see my friend and I aren't the only ones!

I've been experimenting in what limited way I can, once the foundry unlocks I can test easier with individual NPCs.

Tell me, what causes your issues? Anything you can provide can be helpful to try and tie this down.
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problems, whole game is becoming unplayable.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, I got an update from my buddy burstdragon. He managed to get a hold of a QA dev and got this problem put on their list of things to look at!

Also, he told me something that might fix your problem, and asked me to share it here:

If you go into your STO folder and delete the "GamePrefs" and "FxPrefs" files, the game will reset your settings to full default, as if you had just installed the game. I did this, and it had a significant improvement on my performance against the heralds. I can't say if it will work for you, but doesn't hurt to try.

The folder for the files is Live/localdata.

I hope you all have success with his idea! It worked for me a bit, as I still get the issue, but not as often!