Options

Regarding Server Restarts

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Putting words in someone else's mouth = "you said..."

Talking about someone's logic is not putting words in their mouth, its talking about the line of reasoning they are using.

It's actually talking about your line of reasoning taken from the inference you make from the words of others. just sayin' ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Zoot2 wrote:
    It was always my understanding that you were an American. As such you are not allowed to understand irony. It's simply not an available wiring option for the US brain ;)

Perhaps i was mistaken ;)

Yep, you were. Its usually a pretty terrible idea to make assumptions about an entire national group of people :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    judgemark wrote:
    thanks for update
    i also will use this oppertunitie to expres my disapointment in sto
    i have a lifetime sub since open beta before of release of sto almost 2 years ago
    i feel sto took 2 steps behind, the new skill system is to simple and took all the fun out of sto
    the doff system is a nice minigame but not nearly what was promised a year ago
    where is all the new content? where is the playable first officer or android captain?
    where is the fleet admiral rank with that amazing gameplay it should have come with that rank?
    still no fleet starbase?
    i wont comment to f2p or even bother to explain how insulting f2p is for a lifer
    a lot of my fleet members told me sto is going down a dark path and i find myself unable anylonger to defend sto or to asure that improvements will come simply because im not sure anymore
    5 members deleted there accounts after 2 years and many more did
    i hate to say this but cryptic needs to focus on gameplay, content, and everything that was promised
    im sorry but i need to post this because im not ready yet to give up on sto

sometimes people forget the reason that the server is kept up and running.
  • Options
    rucaggamerforumrucaggamerforum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These maintenance times are awful! Do you not care about European players!? Not to mention you say it will end at 17:30 GMT (16:30 UTC), and at 17:30 GMT you change it to say it's going to end at 18:30 GMT (17:30 UTC)! I get home thinking "I can't wait to play Star Trek Online", then I open the launcher and....maintenance. Do you honestly think 18:30 is a proper time to turn on the servers?
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These maintenance times are awful! Do you not care about European players!? Not to mention you say it will end at 17:30 GMT (16:30 UTC), and at 17:30 GMT you change it to say it's going to end at 18:30 GMT (17:30 UTC)! I get home thinking "I can't wait to play Star Trek Online", then I open the launcher and....maintenance. Do you honestly think 18:30 is a proper time to turn on the servers?

Being that it's an American company based in Caifornia/on the Pacific coast, these times are about as reasonable as possible for them. Any earlier, and somebody would have to be doing the night/early morning shift...after all, would you be impressed with your boss asking you to do an hour earlier for the sake of people halfway around the world?

For the record, I'm a UK player
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Um, guys... was it really necessary to necro a thread from 2012 lol.

And yes maintenance will suck a little for EU players, but that's because the devs are in the US... can't please everyone I'm afraid. Just have to suck it up and do something else with your life for the few hours the games offline.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're also necroeing an over 3 year old thread. Let it rest in peace!
  • Options
    rucaggamerforumrucaggamerforum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hm....I have an idea, but I'm not an expert on these matters (at least not yet) so I need someone to tell me if it would work.
    Maybe they could have an US server and an EU server?
    Atleast today they didn't lie, changing the message after the time they said before has passed.