test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [April 23, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our weekly maintenance tomorrow as well as apply an updated patch at 7AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 2.5 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9213253-release-notes%3A-april-23rd-2015

When is that in your timezone? Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150423T07&p1=224&hc_location=ufi

The team is still investigating issues Captains are experiencing with login issues as well as Direct3D driver error Captains are encountering. I'll update you as soon as I have more information from the team about fixes. :)

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully the returned items that has expired on the Exchange for sale will actually be returned to me after the maintenance.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bridge Officers which should not be dismissible, such as Tovan Khev, cannot be turned in to Training Manuals.

... sounds like anyone who hates Tovan has a window of opportunity to toss him out the airlock ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Bridge Officers which should not be dismissible, such as Tovan Khev, cannot be turned in to Training Manuals.

... sounds like anyone who hates Tovan has a window of opportunity to toss him out the airlock ...
    Soylent Green is Tovan Khev!
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That's just mean.
  • Options
    lmsapsin34474lmsapsin34474 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    Well 2 days and unable to play it is starting to get a little old. I have complained several times about it and I have tried all the suggestions and still nothing. I start the game like normal starts fine until the Iconian War Logo then at bottom of the screen it says Material Files Reloaded. I have uninstalled ARC and reinstalled and also tried Launcher by itself. I have also tried Force Verify and Safe Mode. Every time it crashes on the Iconion War Logo I see server going down again tomorrow but no mention of this. I am Fleet Leader of Task Force 415 it is unfair I and others can not get into game since Season 10 started. So if you all could fix this I know I would be happy.

Admiral Lee Sapsin
    Task Force 415
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    Well 2 days and unable to play it is starting to get a little old. I have complained several times about it and I have tried all the suggestions and still nothing. I start the game like normal starts fine until the Iconian War Logo then at bottom of the screen it says Material Files Reloaded. I have uninstalled ARC and reinstalled and also tried Launcher by itself. I have also tried Force Verify and Safe Mode. Every time it crashes on the Iconion War Logo I see server going down again tomorrow but no mention of this. I am Fleet Leader of Task Force 415 it is unfair I and others can not get into game since Season 10 started. So if you all could fix this I know I would be happy.

Admiral Lee Sapsin
    Task Force 415

The team is still investigating issues Captains are experiencing with login issues as well as Direct3D driver error Captains are encountering. I'll update you as soon as I have more information from the team about fixes.
  • Options
    firegod4mefiregod4me Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if it is affecting anyone else however the datachips you can pick up at the academies are not usable even if you have not gotten that accolade yet.

Yeah I know small potatoes however my bank slots will not think so in a few days.

Thanks
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The team is still investigating issues Captains are experiencing with login issues as well as Direct3D driver error Captains are encountering. I'll update you as soon as I have more information from the team about fixes.

if it's any help ,I posted a link to screenshot showing exactly when the client crashes in the Breen mission "deferi dilithium " for a lot of folks .This in addition to sending in bug report

right here
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1438181&page=2

it doesn't matter if you use safe mode, dx9 ,windowed or whatever other solutions were suggested : it crashes every time .
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    firegod4me wrote: »
    Not sure if it is affecting anyone else however the datachips you can pick up at the academies are not usable even if you have not gotten that accolade yet.

Yeah I know small potatoes however my bank slots will not think so in a few days.

Thanks

Head out into space and try there. I was at Klingon Academy and when I transported to Qo'noS space, I could use them again.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While it is admirable that you are patching your defective new mission, how about some of the bug fixes we were promised quite some time ago? For example, my kdf character with a T5U tholian orb weaver still has no sensor analysis...
  • Options
    ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    freakium wrote: »
    firegod4me wrote: »

Thanks
    Head out into space and try there. I was at Klingon Academy and when I transported to Qo'noS space, I could use them again.

Or press "P", and get it into your ability tray, click and have fun.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Lol...... Wait can someone confirm this works with pre DR Rommies? :D:P
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    The strategy I saw only works for brand new characters who have access to both the Delta Ops pack and at least one additional purchased BOFF (or the veteran reward one)... or possibly four mailed officers? Because it involves filling the BOFF slots before Tovan spawns, kicking him into candidate menu.

Hmm interesting. I wonder if there are mail stations in the tutorial?
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm curious. What exactly had to be patched yesterday that couldn't wait until today? I mean the patch notes from yesterday don't really deal with anything game breaking or vital as far as I can tell. And it seems like those who weren't able to play prior to yesterdays patch still couldn't play after it was applied.

I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering. :confused:
  • Options
    geographusgeographus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's king of annoying that there is still no solution for the lost items.

Could you at least confirm that it is possible to post new items into the exchange?

I had 40 items in there I can no longer access but I can post new items for sale. What
    happens if I put them in there? Will they overwrite the missing items and I can no longer
    get them back when the bug is fixed?

I'm just asking because my inventory is full of items I personally don't really need but I
    really would like to sale.
  • Options
    h4rl0ckh4rl0ck Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also want to chime in on missing item issues. 2 days in a row I played this so-called new season. And "no" Iconian marks to get the Reputation project going? :mad: Are there going to be any "marks" for this new season? :confused:
  • Options
    bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    will the time lost due to downtime and lag and bugs be added to the end time of the delta recruit event ?
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »
    I'm curious. What exactly had to be patched yesterday that couldn't wait until today? I mean the patch notes from yesterday don't really deal with anything game breaking or vital as far as I can tell. And it seems like those who weren't able to play prior to yesterdays patch still couldn't play after it was applied.

I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering. :confused:
    Agreed.… the Herald is bugged but you can still play Grethor, Brotherhood of the sword, Korfez , Bug Hunt for iconian marks.
    The point is that EVERYTHING is UNPLAYABLE because of this CRONIC lag , to the point that I am wondering , like many others : what's the point in buying / farming powers, traits, ships, rep powers , spec skills if you CAN'T play and enjoy them ???
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    frontierplanetsfrontierplanets Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is this really going to be a 2.5 hour maintenance, or yet another case of "oh oops, we need an extra hour" 40 minutes before the pre-announced end time like yesterday AND today? Because I was all set to play during that hour (which was the last shred of time I had before going to work, and I had altered my entire routine to get THAT) and instead am barely getting in NOW.

'Cause if that's going to start being routine again, maybe we need longer original estimates.

I think we gave them too much time, captain! :rolleyes:
    For best results, read my posts in the voice of Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness.

*busts down your door while wearing a Starfleet uniform*
    Time to boldy go, losers.
    #this is how you SHOULD collect your crew from shore leave
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agreed.… the Herald is bugged but you can still play Grethor, Brotherhood of the sword, Korfez , Bug Hunt for iconian marks.
    The point is that EVERYTHING is UNPLAYABLE because of this CRONIC lag , to the point that I am wondering , like many others : what's the point in buying / farming powers, traits, ships, rep powers , spec skills if you CAN'T play and enjoy them ???

Game is unplayable in its current state, everything lags and the sounds all Echo and stretch...
  • Options
    carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nice patch notes. thanks trendy and have a nice day =)
  • Options
    ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How about adding iconian marks to the multiple choice mark packages we got from the winter event?
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015

What about the crippling lag that a number of players are currently reporting. For example a run through her lad space last night came to a virtual stand still. And a run through Isa was reduced to a snail like crawl.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I helped a Captain who was stuck in sun in Sector Space last night, nobody wanted to help her. so I stepped in and took her to my bridge, explained to her how to fix this issue if it happens to anyone. and she beamed back to her ship, she was free of Sun. so she was happy.

Members of 7th Havoc Fleet is always here to help and responding to those who need help. :)

I suspect an game update patch, patches might have been issue to planets in Sector Space which might cause a player ship to get stuck. hopefully it's fixed.
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    sharonathenasharonathena Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015

fun fact: this is also happening with neverwinter so i wasn't surprised when i got a DX11 error, however i can log with enable "safe mode".
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The strategy I saw only works for brand new characters who have access to both the Delta Ops pack and at least one additional purchased BOFF (or the veteran reward one)... or possibly four mailed officers? Because it involves filling the BOFF slots before Tovan spawns, kicking him into candidate menu.

No. You can't access a mail console in the tutorial and you can't get the android veteran boff until you've chosen an ally. All of which takes place *after* Tovan joins your crew.

Here is how it works: create a new romulan character and choose to do the tutorial. Claim the Delta Operations pack to get the boffs and have them join your crew. Then claim the Romulan Starter pack (or the bigger pack if you have that) to get the Liberated Borg Reman boff and have him join your crew. You need to do this *before* Tovan joins your crew. After you've claimed the boffs from the c-store your roster will be full and when you get Tovan he goes into your reserve roster in the stations tab where you can turn him into a training manual, thus getting rid of him for good.

But the issue with this is you have to own the packs in the c-store which costs a ton of zen to get.

For anyone who managed to get rid of Tovan, I hope Cryptic gives him back to you in tomorrow's patch.
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,

Admiral Lee Sapsin
    Task Force 415

I have the same problem for a while now with steam version, standalone works fine and its the same game version. So go figures whats wrong.
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • Options
    johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol tovan.

though i sort of want to get my spaced story boffs back. weak as they were, they were ouur virtual friends in the story.

the splash screen has given me the dirext3d error since the delta ccrashing update. but i can get in fine with safe mode. they probabaly should just have a jpg or gif instead of whatever fancy graphics they use for the splash screen :confused:
This discussion has been closed.