test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[SSR] [SSS] [SST] and [Trans] MIA

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,479 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just was looking through my bank and account bank... all of the crafted warp cores I had have inexplicably lost their slipstream and transwarp related mods.

Was there an intentional change to this that I didn't see announced, or is this a bug?

character (that I noticed it on): Eowyn@westmetals

EDIT: I did a quick check. Newly crafted warp cores are also showing up with one less mod than was previously common for the same rarity level, and are not getting these either.
Post edited by westmetals on

Comments

• Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I made this one a couple months ago:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/j786zn.jpg

I don't think its lost anything.
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're right, mine was on a ship.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    We discovered a couple weeks ago that Warp Cores were getting too many mods, due to an error in our conversion methods (and mislabeled data). I'm not 100% privy to the details of the fix, but I wouldn't be surprised if it only changed crafted and dropped Warp Cores going forward, and won't have any effect on existing ones. I'll try and track down more info on that.

As for the Transwarp/Slipstream mods, those should only ever be present on Mk X and higher, since you don't have Slipstream until then. They are a separate Mod bucket that becomes a "base" mod (doesn't take up a slot) after you get to Mk X. Is it not currently working that way?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We discovered a couple weeks ago that Warp Cores were getting too many mods, due to an error in our conversion methods (and mislabeled data). I'm not 100% privy to the details of the fix, but I wouldn't be surprised if it only changed crafted and dropped Warp Cores going forward, and won't have any effect on existing ones. I'll try and track down more info on that.

As for the Transwarp/Slipstream mods, those should only ever be present on Mk X and higher, since you don't have Slipstream until then. They are a separate Mod bucket that becomes a "base" mod (doesn't take up a slot) after you get to Mk X. Is it not currently working that way?
    I am fairly certain that I recall crafting Mk II VR engines with one Slipstream-related mod or another. I will have to check when I get home to confirm whether I still have them on an alt or just vendored them.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As for the Transwarp/Slipstream mods, those should only ever be present on Mk X and higher, since you don't have Slipstream until then.

If this is true then crafting cores is over for me. Crafting mk x's in the hope of obtaining the desired mod combination is way too resource intensive. I prefer upgrading from mk ii's. Guess it's fleet cores for me from now on.