test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tales of the War #1

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
As the Iconian War rages on, Tom Paris and Quinn work together to formulate a plan against the Iconians, the Heralds, and the oncoming invasion.

Check out the first of our Tales of the War series!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iczeramciczeramc Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice, are we going to get more stories between Eps from now on?
    And will there be a way to view stuff like this in game?
    Because I'm worried that before long this will get lost in all the other STO news on the main site.
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm really loving the story. We should have these more often.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is this STO's version of Renegades?
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Prior to Jorel Quinn, Tom Paris was the Admiral in charge of ESD and Sector 001? That's interesting.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wait. so Tom Paris actually got demoted from admiral?!?

Edit: My spoiler text coloring feels kinda silly now that I seen what was posted just one before me. :<
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I love these kind of blogs. More, please! :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is Quinn unjoined?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More of these stories, please.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What war do you guys mean? Hooo.. the one that has 3 new stfs... that one.. with cero ambientation.. thanks god I keep my self updated with the forum, beacose there is no way to know that there is a war on the game... lol..

Not even the security on ESD increase.. is the DS9-Dominion mission all over again, you finish the first misison when the dominion capture DS9 and then you go to DS9 to sell your staff on the exchange LOL.

You ppl could not even add a damage ship on the ESD.. lol.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not a single Defiant variant in that header spread.

I am incensed.
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    So, when do we get a Guroth bridge officer with Super High Yield Torpedo? :D

I'd settle just for a Super High Yield Torpedo manual. Like High Yield Torpedo, only it makes your cooldown on your torpedoes even longer in exchange for higher damage.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wait, so since Voyager got home from the Delta Quadrant, Tom was promoted nine times to Fleet Admiral and demoted five times to Captain? That's quite some career mobility.

(Hell, who am I kidding, I was promoted from Cadet to Fleet Admiral in a year...)
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The 'TalesoftheWar' tag isn't working yet (I was curious)

The entry though - this is really cool. Pump 'em out, Path of 2409 style, please!
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its unclear if Tom Paris was in command of ESD as an admiral or that Tom just refused to accept the Admiral's position knowing full well he would never make a good one.

im guessing quinn asked tom to become one, but tom said no. this was quinn asking paris for this favor, and instead paris instead gets the favor from quinn for another assignment.

tom always knew his limits, and i would never expect him to become an admiral at any point, it just doesnt suit the character.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wait, so since Voyager got home from the Delta Quadrant, Tom was promoted nine times to Fleet Admiral and demoted five times to Captain? That's quite some career mobility.

(Hell, who am I kidding, I was promoted from Cadet to Fleet Admiral in a year...)

Paris probably made admiral while Quinn was a captain, then got busted down and Quinn passed him.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    or he's making a reference to Admiral Paris. Tom's father.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Neat blog. Paris once did Quinn's job? Might explain why there are Borg incursions in the Beta Quadrant :P

That aside, will you also be releasing more the S10 loading screen/propaganda posters this way? They're awesome.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    alhuiatalhuiat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As the Iconian War rages on, Tom Paris and Quinn work together to formulate a plan against the Iconians, the Heralds, and the oncoming invasion.

Check out the first of our Tales of the War series!

~LaughingTrendy

Reading that plan formulation between Paris and Quinn had put a smile on my face. Especially that comment that Paris made about relating to where others have been when they started. That connecting feeling where you can relate, and how far they've come. I agree though, it's unorthodox, but if crazy gets the job done, do it. Who said war was completely won by the books?

Scully
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Paris probably made admiral while Quinn was a captain, then got busted down and Quinn passed him.

Wait, isn't this the same Admiral Quinn from TNG? The one who was taken over by the Bluegill in the first season? I thought it was. But if so that means Quinn been an Admiral for a long time.
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rekurzion wrote: »
    Wait, isn't this the same Admiral Quinn from TNG? The one who was taken over by the Bluegill in the first season? I thought it was. But if so that means Quinn been an Admiral for a long time.

It's evidently not the same Admiral Quinn from TNG, our Admiral Quinn is a different species.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Quinn finds me "reliable"? Cool. Don't suppose he could spare some epic MK XIV gear so I don't have to bother upgrading? :P

This was a fun read! :)

Heh, yeah, I thought that too.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Short read, not bad though, I honestly still don't see Tom Paris as the kinda guy that stuck around in Starfleet..

so is the next blog - Tales of the Missing Pilot Ships #1 ??
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I liked Guroth. In my head, my character's reaction to him asking if we knew what happened when you crammed five quantum torpedoes into one shell was that I really wanted to find out. :D
    It's evidently not the same Admiral Quinn from TNG, our Admiral Quinn is a different species.

Though they both have slugs in their heads.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    He's not captain material either. At the most, first officer under his daughter.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The 'TalesoftheWar' tag isn't working yet (I was curious)

Wait it's not wor-
    ...Damn it. Ok, time to talk to web team again. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015

doubtful, one doesnt make admiral by normal means in a short space of time like your mary sue toon would, it would of taken decades for Jorel to make it through the admiralty and just as long for paris to be acquitted, given a decent rank and to work his way up. if Jorel was already a captain by the time Tom had his pardon and a full rank of lieutenant then there is no way. there just isnt enough story to make any strong opinions.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    or he's making a reference to Admiral Paris. Tom's father.

back then Owen was around 70 years of age by using the real actors age as a pointer 82-14=68, rounded off. he would of been around 100 years of age, although he could still serve, i doubt at his advanced years, he wouldnt be able to keep up with a busy starbase, even at the best health he could have.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    back then Owen was around 70 years of age by using the real actors age as a pointer 82-14=68, rounded off. he would of been around 100 years of age, although he could still serve, i doubt at his advanced years, he would be able to keep up with a busy starbase, even at the best health he could have.

People can live a long time in the 25th Century. 100 is the new 50.