Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance - April 22nd 2015

Comments

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    White glove testing huh, if you want to scare the crowd call it plastic glove testing.
    If I really wanted to scare the crowd I'd call it rubber glove testing.
  • Options
    agentdunnagentdunn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Probably not relevant but can the extra time in brackets be in GMT and not UTC? I dont remember anyone anywhere else using UTC as a time zone. Also since currently UTC is 1 hour behind GMT and this isn't the first time ive come to the launcher thinking the maintenance will be over only to realize there is another hour to go
  • Options
    driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I'd rather use a tennis racket. #preferences.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Uggh, another maintenence positioned slap bang in prime EU time...blah blah uncaring devs, blah blah amerocentrism...

..Well, someone had to say it - its tradition :p
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    agentdunn wrote: »
    Also since currently UTC is 1 hour behind GMT

No it's not!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited April 2015

My bad, that was the correct term. Need some shut eye.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Im using to having my prime-time hours interrupted by the maintenance, guess being born in the country with buildings older than america itself is bad luck for MMO gaming.
  • Options
    alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As Long as you don't ask us to turn our heads and cough
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes I'm gonna be that guy, will we Europeans have another day we can't play tomorrow when there's the weekly patch? Or isn't there one this week?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    siotaylor wrote: »
    No it's not!

My bad, confusing GMT with current time again
  • Options
    joseph#2003 joseph Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As most of you have pointed out already, there is a serious lag issue that is persisting in the game.
    There is a lot of rubber banding in the PvP matches, becomes more than a little annoying.

However, just a note, I do love the map. Novel idea, and makes the game a little more seamless.
    Something to consider, before releasing any more new content fix the issues that already exist with what you have out. This would improve the overall game experience for many, many players. And, by making the game as problem free as possible you increase the odds of retaining customers.

Initial score, half a thumbs up. You could do much, much better. Not bad, just fix the issues.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah, the Emergency Maintenance. Now it's a Season.

You can't TRIBBLE with tradition around here.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's a big deal for some of us who enjoy the social experience. I am part of an active fleet and I am friends with all the officers within it, between shooting borg we talk about whatever comes to mind and its like hanging out with friends. Prime-time gaming hours are also prime-time hanging out hours so having those hours taken away kinda sucks.

(yes i understand this makes me sound like a friendless weirdo... i dont have any friends outside of those i meet in videogames, take your best shot internet!)
  • Options
    splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know what the big thing is with Europe(ans) and maintenace time. I'm also in Europe but when i put it all on paper, that extra hour or two of grinding/doffing every week doesn't make such a big difference anyways so that's really not one thing i'd complain about.

Besides, judging by the Elite PvE queues wait in the European mean time and usual quality of players found there, can't say I blame them for pushing maintenace during our off hours. I can get some good elite plays either early in the morning or late in the evening, everything else i'm mostly doffing or grinding featured episode until it bleeds.

No big loss in my book there.

Well see it this way you not caring not about the down time is legit as much as People don't care for your opinion about the recently all to often all to Long always Extended maintanance.

But hey that's how the Interwebz work everyone haz itz opinion becauze everyone fealz intiteled to and they damn right about it.

Btw what's this Europe thingy is this a Town in Alaska?
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    Ah, the Emergency Maintenance. Now it's a Season.

You can't TRIBBLE with tradition around here.

Sure you can. There's even a flat-head and a Philips to choose from.
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    agentdunn wrote: »
    It's a big deal for some of us who enjoy the social experience. I am part of an active fleet and I am friends with all the officers within it, between shooting borg we talk about whatever comes to mind and its like hanging out with friends. Prime-time gaming hours are also prime-time hanging out hours so having those hours taken away kinda sucks.

(yes i understand this makes me sound like a friendless weirdo... i dont have any friends outside of those i meet in videogames, take your best shot internet!)

hah! friendless weirdo? you have in game friends.
    I'm a friendless person.
    I'm not ashamed of it either.
    taking shots at someone because they don't have friends? too cheap a shot.
    taking shots at someone because they're prime minister in canada... maybe then...
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are going to extend our maintenance window by one hour. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30AM PDT. The team is looking at patching Holodeck with a new version of the patch, which will extend the total time.

Shouldve seen this coming, whenever Im in the mood to play which hasnt been much since DR the game is always down. Fine take all the time you want but if theres maintenance again tomorrow that will then again get extended all day time to walk from STO for awhile and play something that I always have access to.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was always more fond of referring to them as Tribbles running the servers rather than Hamsters, personally.

What you really need are miniature giant space hamsters.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't know what the big thing is with Europe(ans) and maintenace time. I'm also in Europe but when i put it all on paper, that extra hour or two of grinding/doffing every week doesn't make such a big difference anyways so that's really not one thing i'd complain about.

Besides, judging by the Elite PvE queues wait in the European mean time and usual quality of players found there, can't say I blame them for pushing maintenace during our off hours. I can get some good elite plays either early in the morning or late in the evening, everything else i'm mostly doffing or grinding featured episode until it bleeds.

No big loss in my book there.

That's nice for you, you are obviously unemployed if you have all the time of the world to play. Some people, like me, don't have that much luck and have limited playing time. For the past two days I haven't been able to play and a third day will come tomorrow by the looks of it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Keep it civil people. I really don't want to get my hammer dirty this early in the morning.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sthraxpwe wrote: »

Oh no, they shouldn't do that. I'd feel bad if Boo actually died :(
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Keep it civil people. I really don't want to get my hammer dirty this early in the morning.

You mean Bloody...
  • Options
    bluwolfbluwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok has any one heard as too why the server is not back online? i just checked an my launcher shows the server is still down. an i have checked to forums .an no one has said as too why there still down. or did some one forgot to fedd the hamsters again an they all died:(
    STO : member since 2009 beta tested, pre-order, an bought the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sthraxpwe wrote: »
    I too have played Baulder's Gate and Neverwinter!
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    You mean Bloody...

NEVER correct someone who has the power to use *gasp* the hammer.
  • Options
    llunamariallunamaria Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings Captains!

In our effort to ensure that our Captains experience Season 10 positively, we are performing an emergency maintenance tomorrow to address some critical issues that are impacting our players. at 7AM Pacific.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding!

ma va a ciap
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Will there be another maintaince tomorrow? And will it be around the same time Slot? I hope you can understand people are getting frustrated, I myself haven't been able to play at all this week.
This discussion has been closed.