test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is going to sound really stupid.....

sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
But WTF is my "usernme"
It seems to not be my "Display Name"
I cant seem to login unless i provide my email address every time... and my email address is a doozy...
laziness: i dont want to enter my stupid long email address in anymore. and i cant make xabber work without it.

where the heck is my "username"
Post edited by sw1tchstar on

Comments

• Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Your username should be your "@" handle in game. In my case, my Display Name is bberge1701 (which you see at the left), and my username is bberge, as in "character@bberge".
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Your Username is whatever you choose when you originally created your Account. It could have been a randon name, it could have been an email address, it was whatever you put into that field when you made the Account.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's not my @ handle... because that doesnt work...
    that would be the logical thing...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i suppose i could put it like this: Where do i find my username?
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Drop the @...
    Try again.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, i tried that...
    It's the same with logging into the forum...
  • Options
    maskedmarvel1maskedmarvel1 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    go to one of the mail consoles in game , click on the compose button and put your pointer on the top slot , it usually brings up a little info box with an @ plus your user name
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i see your problem some acc's can not login with there username just with there mail don't know why copy past will help you
  • Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never really understood that, I have THREE different names: My Forum name, my ingame @handle, and a third name which I have to use to log in (account name?). Was this connected to ARC or forum restructure?
    It's actually a bit annoying as when I get disconnected to the login screen (which sadly happens a lot) it is automatically filled with my Forum name, which I then have to delete and put in the name I can actually log in with.