What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance - April 22nd 2015

Comments

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are going to extend our maintenance window by one hour. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30AM PDT. The team is looking at patching Holodeck with a new version of the patch, which will extend the total time.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are going to extend our maintenance window by one hour. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30AM PDT. The team is looking at patching Holodeck with a new version of the patch, which will extend the total time.

How dare you fix more than just the minimal problems, next we know you guys will start improving things. :P
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    seannewboy wrote: »
    How dare you fix more than just the minimal problems, next we know you guys will start improving things. :P
    The beatings will continue.
  • Options
    lmsapsin34474lmsapsin34474 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Howdy,
    I hope you all fix where we can actually get passed the Iconion War Logo so we can actually get back into the game.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    .... The team is looking at patching Holodeck with a new version of the patch, which will extend the total time.

Somehow I just don't see it as a good sign when the patch needs a patch lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Somehow I just don't see it as a good sign when the patch needs a patch lol.
    Eh, it's not a patch needing a patch. Any time a fine adjustment has to be made to patches, it requires reapplying a lot of stuff all over again. Bringing down the shard, applying new patch, doing a new whiteglove testing, etc.

All a bunch of wibbly wobbly server werver stuff.
  • Options
    reviedereviede Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Never Ever post anything starting with "Welcome Back".. even to returning Players .. during mainentance Windows :-D
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Jello servers, anyone? :D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    reviedereviede Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well. "Emergency Maintenance - April 22nd 2015".. the word "Emergency" does Kind of imply that it was not scheduled yesterday, no?
  • Options
    denniskr87denniskr87 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope they will fix terrible lag in PVE, and in space and ground combat with Heralds...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    In both cases, I have done all of my usual preparatory things in anticipation of being able to ACTUALLY log in and play for that limited time... only to have it wiped out by an unannounced extension of the maintenance timeframe.
    Unannounced? Did you not see the Emergency Broadcasting System message on the launcher, the Facebook post, the tweet, or the forum post?
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will there be regular maintenance tomorrow as well?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Eh, it's not a patch needing a patch. Any time a fine adjustment has to be made to patches, it requires reapplying a lot of stuff all over again. Bringing down the shard, applying new patch, doing a new whiteglove testing, etc.

Ah yeah gotcha. Little tweaks can be a pain sometimes :)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings Captains!

In our effort to ensure that our Captains experience Season 10 positively, we are performing an emergency maintenance tomorrow to address some critical issues that are impacting our players. at 7AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 3.5 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9200013-release-notes%3A-april-22nd-2015

When is that in your timezone? Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150422T07&p1=224&hc_location=ufi

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Thanks for the update, all you need now is some tech priests to pray to the server's machine spirit :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      Will there be regular maintenance tomorrow as well?
      Haven't heard from them yet regarding it. I do know that with the item bug where a lot of people are experiencing missing items, they're working on a big fix for that. It might require a maintenance push. Haven't heard anything yet though.
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      cpc2011a wrote: »
      Ah yeah gotcha. Little tweaks can be a pain sometimes :)
      Yeah. The littlest tweak usually requires a lot of changes, some prayers to the Machine God, divining with the machine spirits, some incense burning...

It's actually quite the process really. XD
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      Thanks for the update, all you need now is some tech priests to pray to the server's machine spirit :D
      Ours is the divination of the Machine God, his voice the screechings of binary in huddled corners, the mechadendrites clicking away, the servoskulls whirring in the distanc-.

You're cool. I dig you.
    • Options
      tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Haven't heard from them yet regarding it. I do know that with the item bug where a lot of people are experiencing missing items, they're working on a big fix for that. It might require a maintenance push. Haven't heard anything yet though.

Trendy, your awesome. Best community manager EVER!
    • Options
      kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      On behalf of myself and my alliance(s) I would like to congratulate the Devs on the smoothest launch ever and the additional maint. is welcome for an even better over all launch GFG!!
    • Options
      lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
      edited April 2015
      kintisho wrote: »
      On behalf of myself and my alliance(s) I would like to congratulate the Devs on the smoothest launch ever and the additional maint. is welcome for an even better over all launch GFG!!

Lol, the S9.5 update went even smoother. This one was plagued with lag.
    • Options
      bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Ours is the divination of the Machine God, his voice the screechings of binary in huddled corners, the mechadendrites clicking away, the servoskulls whirring in the distanc-.

You're cool. I dig you.

Machines for the Machine God! :o
    • Options
      edited April 2015

You're cool. I dig you.

Chanting my prayer to the server gods, and clanging two drive platters together...I'd offer up some bacon also but I ate it this morning :(
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      Thank you for abandoning hamsters and similar rodent terminology. This is actually a refreshing thing to see. No, really, i'm not being sarcastic right now. Or ironic. Why doesn't anyone believe me when i'm genuinely positive about something -.-
      I was always more fond of referring to them as Tribbles running the servers rather than Hamsters, personally.
    • Options
      crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
      edited April 2015

http://www.funnyjunk.com/Admin+needs+some+help+with+his+servers/funny-pictures/5344162
    • Options
      gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
      edited April 2015

eeek! if this keeps extending (and i hope you're not going down the path of *gasp* the OTHER mmo company...) I won't be able to log in before my al anon meeting!
    • Options
      questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
      edited April 2015

White glove testing huh, if you want to scare the crowd call it plastic glove testing.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    This discussion has been closed.