test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance - April 22nd 2015

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Greetings Captains!

In our effort to ensure that our Captains experience Season 10 positively, we are performing an emergency maintenance tomorrow to address some critical issues that are impacting our players. at 7AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 3.5 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9200013-release-notes%3A-april-22nd-2015

When is that in your timezone? Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150422T07&p1=224&hc_location=ufi

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What is being worked on with that patch? Character login issues?
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are we ever to have a seasonal or "new thingy" roll-out where there isn't 3 emergency patch fixes and new eternal bugs ( eternal, because they never get fixed) ?
  • georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    new content = new ways of things that could go wrong..
    too much new content = too many new ways things could go wrong...simple logic... :D
    And that s how it works on every online game...

compared to 'older' major updates I d say that one is considered a 'smooth' one... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Being that Trendy still has her mirror Trendy pic up, I can't help but wonder if she's like Cartman and that the mirror version is the nicer one. :P

j/k ;)

Thanks for keeping us updated, Trendy! <3
  • arincdiarincdi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    phreakbee wrote: »
    Are we ever to have a seasonal or "new thingy" roll-out where there isn't 3 emergency patch fixes and new eternal bugs ( eternal, because they never get fixed) ?

Probably not. And it's our fault.

I spent some time on Tribble in the month prior to launch. Many many things were implemented there, available for testing, to help the Dev team find the bugs before release and patch them. And yet there were few people on Tribble, and fewer still trying to break it so they could report the errors.

Although there is the fact that new episodes don't get posted there first, so they really only find the bugs when they get exposed to the community at large. Looking at the patch notes, it seems that 50+% of the fixes are related to the new episodes and not really about the new season in general.

So, y'know... publish, test, republish. Exactly what Foundry authors have to do. :) At least they can honestly say they don't put us through anything that they don't go through themselves.
  • lmsapsin34474lmsapsin34474 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings Captains!

In our effort to ensure that our Captains experience Season 10 positively, we are performing an emergency maintenance tomorrow to address some critical issues that are impacting our players. at 7AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 2.5 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9200013-release-notes%3A-april-22nd-2015

When is that in your timezone? Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150422T07&p1=224&hc_location=ufi

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Howdy,
    Just a heads up I posted this in Season 10 Is Live. I patched the update and the game starts up normal and gets to the Iconion War Logo it says Material Files Reloaded and crashes. I have deleted and reinstalled ARC and Launcher still nothing. I have also tried Force Verify and Safe Mode like some have suggested still nothing. Hope you all fix this as well. Oh I also made a report in the Report Bug Area!
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    to the dev team, take a look at this screenshot that someone else did, but i go and check,, was you in a rush or something lol lol lol

11169991_10153310639725850_4467062358291746759_n_zpscpr0ud7c.jpg

lmao
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The last time I tried to submit a bug report, the bug reporter itself was broken - is that on the fix list?

(The bug I was trying to report - multiple overlapping soundtracks during the cutscene at the start of the new FE - isn't on the patch list, which doesn't fill me with optimism for that and other problems....)
    8b6YIel.png?1
    edited April 2015
    suggestion there buddy
    but did u try the website sopporter if not try that one at http://www.arcgames.com/en/supportredirect/app/home/ if the in game one isnt working,

but idea is is thats not working post a full bug here as what u did here, and they should get it on record....
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    does item 1 pertain to the various DX11 errors folks are seeing ( as , technically , the login screen - wich some folks can't get past - isn't even a map ) ?
    edited April 2015
    their maybe fix that on this patch, so bare with them while the patch is in program
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

• whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arincdi wrote: »

I spent some time on Tribble in the month prior to launch. Many many things were implemented there, available for testing, to help the Dev team find the bugs before release and patch them. And yet there were few people on Tribble, and fewer still trying to break it so they could report the errors.

Although there is the fact that new episodes don't get posted there first, so they really only find the bugs when they get exposed to the community at large. Looking at the patch notes, it seems that 50+% of the fixes are related to the new episodes and not really about the new season in general.

So, y'know... publish, test, republish. Exactly what Foundry authors have to do. :) At least they can honestly say they don't put us through anything that they don't go through themselves.

Well, they used to offer Tribble tesing rewards back in the day when they needed to test content out. I am not trying to sound entitled, but that was an added incentive that Crptic took away from players. With all the grindfest needed these days, the thought turns to "beta test" for nothing or continue grinding for the hope of completing something. Guess which thing most people choose? Also, I know I never see anything anymore that says that Tribble testing for "x" is up anymore either.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Actually this has been a major complaint in previous seasons and patches:

Bugs were posted about the builds on Tribble, but were said to be utterly ignored by the devs, who chose willingly to release patches and expansions with the bugs in, rather than bothering to read the bug report forum enough and fix all the issues.
  • lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just wondering if this wasn't noticed. But the higher denomination marks to dilith conversion was not included in any rep systems except Delta rep. Rumor is it is also in Iconian rep but can't confirm that as you have to have enough marks to access those projects. But there is not a higher conversion project available for the others. Having 42k+ dyson marks on several toons this was something that was very much looked forward to. And I notice in the patch notes for today, it is not mentioned as an item to be fixed or a known issue to be addressed.

That all said the 5 sec cooldown is a welcome change from the 15 second cooldown. Thankyou for that, anyway.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just wondering if this wasn't noticed. But the higher denomination marks to dilith conversion was not included in any rep systems except Delta rep. Rumor is it is also in Iconian rep but can't confirm that as you have to have enough marks to access those projects. But there is not a higher conversion project available for the others. Having 42k+ dyson marks on several toons this was something that was very much looked forward to. And I notice in the patch notes for today, it is not mentioned as an item to be fixed or a known issue to be addressed.

That all said the 5 sec cooldown is a welcome change from the 15 second cooldown. Thankyou for that, anyway.

Think it was said somewhere that this was a known issue and a fix was in for the "thursday patch". :p So apparently there might be more maintenance tomorrow.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There was a time when more did test on tribble and give fully detailed reports at least with fully broken stuff that you couldn't miss. Sadly as some have pointed out cryptic never did anything about then even weeks in advance so when it hit holodeck the bugs stayed then a quick emergency patch or following week patch. Now players like me just don't bother or we find ways around them.

It's great that cryptic is doing something like the inspired accolade and responding quickly but...some of this could be avoided and they've still to change this impression I have that when cryptic patches, start worrying because what they do have this idea of seeing what they can break.

Dont get me wrong I expect the odd issue but some stuff is impossible to miss though I read the devs place of tsting and holodeck are two different things so....yeah okay. The incentives for testing...meh didn't really need then but they were nice. It just felt like all the effort of testing fell on deaf ears so it was more a case of how to work around them or avoid them.
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did they ever fix that 3d directx graphics problem they had with tribble. When they were feild testing Season 10.

I haven't run into it yet. I just hope the patch fix they are adding now {9:21 AM CST} during their emergency patch.

Doesn't bring in to play with the holodeck as a result of this emergency patch
  • captainmoogcaptainmoog Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully they will fix the bug where the game would crash at the iconian war screen
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmm today's patch notes deal with some minor issues it seems. My guess is that players found an exploit of some kind. Emergency maintenance that doesn't follow a server crash almost always deals with exploits.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Hmm today's patch notes deal with some minor issues it seems. My guess is that players found an exploit of some kind. Emergency maintenance that doesn't follow a server crash almost always deals with exploits.

There are almost always followup patches after a season/expansion release... You must only be aware of the general weekly cycle.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There were lots of posts about Delta Flight being impossible. Also I noticed I did not see the "Delta Flight" mission in my mission available list this morning. I think the patch is to fix that mission some how. As usually Cryptic will never tell you the truth about anything....
  • draggothdraggoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well its 17:20 at time of posting here, and server status was still down. 10 min to go til the 16:30 utc i think, not sure. Only bug i noticed that isnt in the patch notes is that during the first featured missions, cutscene shows characters and npc's standing up to the waist into the ground. Hope they fix that too.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    draggoth wrote: »
    Well its 17:20 at time of posting here, and server status was still down. 10 min to go til the 16:30 utc i think, not sure. Only bug i noticed that isnt in the patch notes is that during the first featured missions, cutscene shows characters and npc's standing up to the waist into the ground. Hope they fix that too.
    The downtime is 2.5 hours. It started almost 1.5 hours ago, and will continue for another hour.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015

LOL. Just LOL. What are game testers? Whats the QA department do? Those are 2 paid departments. We should test for free? Just LOL.
  • draggothdraggoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The downtime is 2.5 hours. It started almost 1.5 hours ago, and will continue for another hour.

Thanks for the heads up, didnt know how to convert it to my own time, maybe summer/winter time stuff is messing up my estimates.
  • ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A nice surprise that we can post in maintenance threads again. I always enjoyed reading them during maintenance.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ortikant wrote: »
    A nice surprise that we can post in maintenance threads again. I always enjoyed reading them during maintenance.
    Changes happen.
    edited April 2015
    We are going to extend our maintenance window by one hour. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30AM PDT. The team is looking at patching Holodeck with a new version of the patch, which will extend the total time.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are going to extend our maintenance window by one hour. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30AM PDT. The team is looking at patching Holodeck with a new version of the patch, which will extend the total time.

How dare you fix more than just the minimal problems, next we know you guys will start improving things. :P
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
    edited April 2015
    seannewboy wrote: »
    How dare you fix more than just the minimal problems, next we know you guys will start improving things. :P
    The beatings will continue.
This discussion has been closed.