test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DOffing on the new map

tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
Was really hoping I'd log in and get a set of message boxes to tell me how DOffing is handled now that the map is merged. Anyone care to share? Mainly, am I stuck with the same small selection for the whole of the Alpha and a new batch in the Beta and a new batch in Delta that changes every 4(?) hours?
Post edited by tilarium1979 on

Comments

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here are maps from tacofangs:

Sector Space DOFF Regions

Of course, the feature doesn't actually work correctly.

List of duty officer assignments not updating correctly in sector space
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My experience from flying the new map is that the doff assignments change for every single sector. So these may be the intended borders, but it's certainly not how it actually works right now.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah, fly to Denobula and the available missions list will be empty or close to it. fly to Cardassia and you see a lo more stuff. Hmmm we should make a list of dead zones.

As for weirdness... I once had my Gorn guy do um... I think a dozen gear fabrication assignments all at once. Usually don't see more than a few.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It gets even weirder - I've seen some VR (and 'stealth' UR) assignments pop up repeatedly like "Reclaim Borg Drones", and then had Uncommon and Common assignments that don't seem to appear in five days of searching for them...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It gets even weirder - I've seen some VR (and 'stealth' UR) assignments pop up repeatedly like "Reclaim Borg Drones", and then had Uncommon and Common assignments that don't seem to appear in five days of searching for them...

picked up Reclaim Borg Drones on ALL my toons in a single day
    as for the entire Department Heads, if I'm not on CD.... its listed
    this.... I don't care if they fix it or not, but the bad placement of assignments in sectors is really really annoying
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually did a test last night in Alpha Quadrant, Trill Sector - I visited a Deep Space Encounter location and four planetary systems, all in the same Sector, and despite the fact that it's supposed to only change when a player crosses the sector borders, I got three different lists of DOff Assignments; one at the DSE location, one at one of the systems and one at the other three systems.

Yeah, it's annoying - what's really annoying is that - with them finally moving the old Exploration Cluster DOff Assignments to the Sector Blocks - the bugs and 'missing' assignments from the DOff revamp and Exploration Cluster removal with S9.5 were finally starting to get straightened back up... and now this...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My department heads seem to reload with each sector and the current sector is odd, in Alpha Quadrant it doesn't want to load or takes awhile to kick in?

I am having trouble finding some doff missions at all. I am terrible with names but the asylums and exchange dosi, card etc. Also the recruit orion, gorn etc. KDF faction.

OOps sorry. Probably some are covered in your linked topic.