test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 10 crashing

antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code.
(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 13 0x18e66f80 GetData == 0x887a0005 0
NF 683
D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

This happenes when the game is loading up before the charactor selection screen. please help!
Post edited by antiquesroadshow on

Comments

• Options
    ajlagaranajlagaran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same exact problem.

Game is crashing after downloading the new patch for season 10. I'm getting an error. Fatal Error: Direct 3D driver returned error code.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED while checking sync querry.

Technical details: Sync query 15 0x5e6500 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF0

• Options
    allnighteliallnighteli Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm getting the same fatal error as well.
  • Options
    kaspa000kaspa000 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23474631#post23474631 This is the link to my thread on the TTS bug report. I was having these same issues on Tribble for a month but i never got a single response from Cryptic. Now the problem has come to the holodeck :(
    Who made the pool yellow? :confused:
  • Options
    antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh no...will do.
  • Options
    thegreatrajathegreatraja Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ajlagaran wrote: »

Game is crashing after downloading the new patch for season 10. I'm getting an error. Fatal Error: Direct 3D driver returned error code.

same here. I miss the good old days when you could actually play this game!
    Now if the was a beta test I could understand it.. but really guys.. Really!
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here. I miss the good old days when you could actually play this game!
    Now if the was a beta test I could understand it.. but really guys.. Really!

Had same issue.

Fixed by. . .

Reboot pc.
    Force verify.
    Login via safe mode.

Been playing for about 3 hours with no problems.

Hope this helps.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    siriusmoonloresiriusmoonlore Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been having this issue too , and tried all sorts of things , including the force verify and run as administrator , have not tried safe mode , am reinstalling now though
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I bet it's the loading screen again ... it was the EXACT same issue when the Delta Rising loading screen came out. Nobody told us what to do, we had to figure it out ourselves, and now it's the same. ^^ Oh well, at least I know now what to do, learned it from last crash.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    smokerevanbsmokerevanb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is that why they're running shard maintenance tomorrow? After trying to verify files(x1,000 times), I've settled on re-installing the game outright.
  • Options
    napster8784napster8784 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    how do you fix it or get past it i can't get in
  • Options
    unsaneasylumunsaneasylum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only way I can get past the Iconian screen is to run in compatibility mode. Which prevents me from logging into the account server. To say I'm extremely ticked off after fighting this for over 5 hours now and doing a complete uninstall/deletion of all STO game files then reinstalling to have the same broken "update" would be a grave understatement.
  • Options
    siriusmoonloresiriusmoonlore Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the reinstall did not work , I give up for the night
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kaspa000 wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23474631#post23474631 This is the link to my thread on the TTS bug report. I was having these same issues on Tribble for a month but i never got a single response from Cryptic. Now the problem has come to the holodeck :(

This has been happening on holodeck for a couple of weeks now for me. Maybe because I had the tribble code? Now its just widespread.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Updated my drivers

Verified files after 20 or so crashes

Switched to DX9 Mode

Booted game in Safe Mode

Deleted config file (on FAQ to fix crashes)

Game crashes when loading into character select no matter what. I'm fking done with this. So much for playing after work with a game i've dumped tons of money into.

Even their Crash ticket report tool is stalling out.
  • Options
    plasticwidowplasticwidow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Both ARC and STO updated without problems, I pressed engage and watched the loading line at bottom of STO screen load, then the splash screen came up with Iconian icon, after a few moments this message came up:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DSGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.
    Technical Details: Sync query 8 0x37173c0 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 0 D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006.

I restarted, rebooted, then brought up STO again, let it verify all files. Everything went smooth. I hit Engage, everything went fine, then the splash screen came up again and the game closed, like before, and same error message came up again. I do not even get to the character screen.

I am running Windows 8.1
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Both ARC and STO updated without problems, I pressed engage and watched the loading line at bottom of STO screen load, then the splash screen came up with Iconian icon, after a few moments this message came up:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DSGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.
    Technical Details: Sync query 8 0x37173c0 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 0 D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006.

I restarted, rebooted, then brought up STO again, let it verify all files. Everything went smooth. I hit Engage, everything went fine, then the splash screen came up again and the game closed, like before, and same error message came up again. I do not even get to the character screen.

I am running Windows 8.1

All I can say is that after 4 log in attempts, I got past it and got a pop up that my settings had been changed to default. Had to reset everything but got in game.

My experience the past coupke of weeks is that you just get pastvthe screen eventually. Some times it takes 10tries sometimes 4. Sometimes you get in right away.

Tonight was the first time it did a rest for me.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    martonezmartonez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its way past 18:30 and its not upp!
    Ok it happens!

But where can i see what the team working on it have in plaan when they think it will be done and whay its taking longe r is it down untill tomorrow ???

maby its me who cant us eteh tip i get plz look at forums so well ???

any tip on where i can find info id be happy kidd again :D
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While I luckily don't have those Direct3D errors (yet), I get a lot of crashes without being notified what the cause was.
    What I noticed was that the Error Reporter stalls during creating and sending the mini dump (basically an compromised package of primary info if I get it right). It even nearly crashed on that the first time - mind, the Error Reporter that was...

Edit:
    martonez wrote: »
    its way past 18:30 and its not upp!
    Ok it happens!

But where can i see what the team working on it have in plaan when they think it will be done and whay its taking longe r is it down untill tomorrow ???

maby its me who cant us eteh tip i get plz look at forums so well ???

any tip on where i can find info id be happy kidd again :D

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/590904894090936320
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    martonezmartonez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    UTC time im not so sure
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @Martonez: still 18-19 minutes, or if we're lucky less
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    bluespectrumbluespectrum Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ajlagaran wrote: »

i have the same issue. I can't get past the splash screen without a game crash. I get this exact error and an error related to directX. Something about deleting a file. I don't know if its related, but its a 50/50 toss between the 2 error codes. The work around for me is selecting options on the GUI, and then select safe mode before hitting "engage". The graphics settings arent what I had them previously set to, but the game runs fine. I have to do this everytime for the game to run properly without a crash.
  • Options
    thegreatrajathegreatraja Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What is going on with STO. Can't even get it to load to the character select screen. Man I miss the good old days when you know you could actually PLAY the game....
  • Options
    startrek6000startrek6000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if this will help anyone, but I was able to fix on my computer the same errors that the OP was seeing. The way I solved this was by clicking on options on the log in window, then I selected safe mode (I didn't even know this was possible before today). Then I logged in with safe mode on, and went into the game and opened the options menu.

Then I went to display tab, for video card I changed it to the driver my computer is using (it was set to auto, which I think was causing the crash). I think this is the bug some people are seeing.

This seemed to work for me, and I was not able to log in the game since season 10 went live (I had dozens of failed attempts). I hope this helps somebody.
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm done with STO for the time being .No matter what I do , the client crashes ( tried all possible "solutions " and submitted every d**n bug report I could . Maybe try again next month or so ( if at all ,b/c this means he entire DR -event was useless because you can't complete the Breen map )

and this is due to mere sloppiness on the part of devs ( not coding directx properly ) and was even reported when this entire thing was still on tribble server ( i.e. : they knew the issue was present )
  • Options
    ajlagaranajlagaran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had to set it to DirectX 9. It would not work on DX 11.
  • Options
    collin3366collin3366 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if this will help anyone, but I was able to fix on my computer the same errors that the OP was seeing. The way I solved this was by clicking on options on the log in window, then I selected safe mode (I didn't even know this was possible before today). Then I logged in with safe mode on, and went into the game and opened the options menu.

Then I went to display tab, for video card I changed it to the driver my computer is using (it was set to auto, which I think was causing the crash). I think this is the bug some people are seeing.

This seemed to work for me, and I was not able to log in the game since season 10 went live (I had dozens of failed attempts). I hope this helps somebody.

This worked for me! Thanks for sharing...
    It would help Cryptic/PWE's reputation if they simply post this simple work around to their short-sightedness.
    Vice Admiral Collin Michael McNeil
    U.S.S. Alliance
    NCC-93405-C
    Odyssey Class
    No Horizons To Distant