test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enough is enough

dpglerchdpglerch Member Posts: 323 Arc User
I'm a little annoyed with PWE now, they are giving away my beloved Shaka emote? I loved the fact that there are, or were only few old STO players left with this badge of honor still around (Was an apology item from '10).

Doing these things tells people you do not honor your contracts or commitments whats so ever! They have done these kind of things more then once just check the c-store in game all the old tribbles (got from testing and dealing with their poor programming) now have price tags on them.

Whats next Cryptic telling all those who bought lifetime subscriptions we will no longer honor those because we added a sub title to the STO banner so that now you can argue it isn't the same game.

"think this was around april 2010"

(Copied from Wiki)
Emote: "Shaka, When The Walls Fell" = Awarded to players after server problems impacted play time after Season 1 deployment.
All specialty and promo items are listed towards the bottom

Last I checked this area was for general discussion and feed back if you don't like what I got to say go somewhere else.

And doesn't your banner make this whole response a little hypocritical:
Enough is enough?!?! Yeah, free emote and two badges being given away is it! The straw that breaks the camel's back!

You do realise you're complaining about people being given something for free that you got for free 5 years ago? D'you not think they deserve summat after all the lag shadiness of the last few months?

/edited for proper grammar and stuff.

My post was to blow off steam and I have, you trolls and haters are the ones who are making this thread popular.
Either way you all have fun with it
kahless_10438.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Enough is enough?!?! Yeah, free emote and two badges being given away is it! The straw that breaks the camel's back!

You do realise you're complaining about people being given something for free that you got for free 5 years ago? D'you not think they deserve summat after all the lag shadiness of the last few months?

/edited for proper grammar and stuff.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nerd rage. It makes the internet go round. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New emote idea: the Zulu: where we grow few inches, become brown, wearing a sraw skirt, hopping like Zulu's.

Well, we already have a shaka... whatever that does.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2015

You do realise you're complaining about being people giving something for free that you got for free 5 years ago?

Yeah, the whole "something is only worthwhile to me if no-one else has it!" thing has always confused me in games. I remember raiders in WoW moaning about them making raiding more accessible to players - "But now my armor is WORTHLESS! Other people can get it!"

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dpglerch wrote: »
    I'm a little annoyed with PWE now, they are giving away my beloved Shaka emote? I loved the fact that there are, or were only few old STO players left with this badge of honor still around (Was an apology item from '10).

Doing these things tells people you do not honor your contracts or commitments whats so ever! They have done these kind of things more then once just check the c-store in game all the old tribbles (got from testing and dealing with their poor programming) now have price tags on them.

Whats next Cryptic telling all those who bought lifetime subscriptions we will no longer honor those because we added a sub title to the STO banner so that now you can argue it isn't the same game.

You won't get sympathy from the majority of players since they don't care what happened years ago and they get new shinies.

But as a long time player myself, I am also annoyed by Cryptic's habit of giving away what was originally not free.
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Special Snowflakes Unite!

You got it for free, they are giving it away for free again. What's the big deal? Did they give you a guarantee somewhere that they would never again give away your precious?
  • Options
    killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Doing these things tells people you do not honor your contracts or commitments whats so ever!

I bought the Amazon pre-release copy and got the Borg BOFF as a reward. I also picked up an old Gamestop copy at discount later on to get the Connie. I didn't freak out when they were later featured in the Zen Store.

Now the "Air Guitar" emote? I wish I had THAT!!
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015

"think this was around april 2010"

(Copied from Wiki)
    Emote: "Shaka, When The Walls Fell" = Awarded to players after server problems impacted play time after Season 1 deployment.
    All specialty and promo items are listed towards the bottom

Can you re-word your complaint to the form of a metaphor?
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sharing is caring

I have been around and a lifer from beta, I have no issue with any free emote.

Do you really need to one of the few with a unique emote to feel special.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the original emote from '10 and I'm perfectly happy for it to be given away free again, the way I see it is I've had it 5yrs longer than those who get it now, I'm happy on the knowledge that I've had an emote tha others are only getting now that I've not even used in almost 5yrs :p
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, this is good. Keep at it, Cryptic.

Hoping for the "bow" emote next.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only emote I use is the proper greeting per faction: Qa'plah for Feds, Yolan Tru for Klinks, well you get the idea...

*grins*
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As you can tell by reading my forum handle, I'm not a PWE fanboy ... but even I think your logic for being angry in this thread is ridiculously flawed.

Shaka, when the walls fell, indeed.

Hopefully you remember the original TNG episode or will watch it again to grasp the full meaning of that last sentence in the context of this thread.

Live long and prosper, my fellow nerdrager. :)
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2015
    roadghost wrote: »
    Special Snowflakes Unite!

You got it for free, they are giving it away for free again. What's the big deal? Did they give you a guarantee somewhere that they would never again give away your precious?

"Baggins! Baggins! We hates it forever!" Oh, sorry. Wrong MMORPG.
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    Yeah, this is good. Keep at it, Cryptic.

Hoping for the "bow" emote next.

Y'know what I want? The Khaaaaan! emote. Some of the other old ones too.

Airguitar is needed for my Nausicaan deathmetal band.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do not see them giving away items from 5 years ago as a betrayal. Its not like they took what you have away.

Now if they released it to the c-store and took away the freebie from everyone else to make them pay for it then I can see rage but this is nothing to be upset about.

I know I have these items and I can say I never use them. I never see anyone use them. Now that they are giving them away I'm sure people will use them for a week and then never use them.

If anyone is using the comm badge after the week it is because they forgot they were there and they only see the rear end of their character as they run and don't go to the tailor very often.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    And here we have one of 'those' threads that proves that the perma-outrage phenomenon does indeed exist.

Proof that forum posters will rage about anything. I wouldn't blame the devs for completely disregarding the forums at this point
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    all long gone and water under the bridge, you did not get this reward for being long term players you got them putting up with the problems that had befell the game at that time, those problems have been long forgotten by the devs and were probably forgotten by you until this come up to remind you.
    well there have been a lot of complaints from some users about many different things of late, some may be justified and some may not but just look on this as a reward for players putting up with the problems that have befell the game at this time.
    just be honoured to think you got yours before they got theirs, nobody can take that away from you.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That reminds me on an experiment. A single person of an audience gets 50 euro. Nobody loses anything, but still a lot of the other people are pissed off. Envy is a bad emotion.
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    Y'know what I want? The Khaaaaan! emote. Some of the other old ones too.

Airguitar is needed for my Nausicaan deathmetal band.

I have the khaaaan! Emote. Iirc I paid a couple of pounds more for the edition that came in, you know what? It wouldn't even phase me if they gave it away now, I'm secure in the knowledge I had it at first issue :)
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is my <formerly exclusive thing>. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    lebtron wrote: »
    That reminds me on an experiment. A single person of an audience gets 50 euro. Nobody loses anything, but still a lot of the other people are pissed off. Envy is a bad emotion.

Actually, this would be more akin to those people then getting the 50 bucks and that guy complaining that he's not unique anymore. But then you gotta take into account how useless the emote is, so it would only be 50 Euro Disney monies.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    R.I.P. Owen Hart. :(
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The stupidest thread of season 10 has emerged.

What will top it? How long will it take?
    In a few hours will come the "slow Pach downloads and I cannot get into the game NOW, Cryptic sucks" threads. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Free novelty items? Curse you Cryptic!

thecosmic1 wrote: »
    In a few hours will come the "slow Pach downloads and I cannot get into the game, Cryptic sucks" threads. :)

I look forwards to the post where someone will demand a free $30 ship because the server isn't up, an hour before the server is scheduled to be up.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Free novelty items? Curse you Cryptic!

I look forwards to the post where someone will demand a free $30 ship because the server isn't up, an hour before the server is scheduled to be up.

Hey... that's a good idea. We should start complaining.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Emotes and Accolades are the least things to worry about in my opinion. This reminded me of the Popeye quote:

'That's all I can stands, cuz I can't stands n'more!'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I have been playing STO since open beta. I bought my LTS before release. And I really can't understand you.

Giving this emote to more people is a nice gesture. It has been exclusive for years now, that is enough of an apology, don't you think? I fully support cryptics decision on that.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
This discussion has been closed.