test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 10.. will we bounce or twang?

qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
Only ~4hours until we get to travel in wide open sector space, and take on the combined shiny might of the Iconian Heralds and their supporting cronies.

Are we going to be happy hyper players, bouncing around like rubber balls?

or

Are we going to be twinging, twanging and snapping like rubber bands?
tYld1gu.gif?1
TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I’m in STO for 3 years flat so I’m confident that everything will work smooth and by the numbers the second S10 goes live. :o
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    philiptoddphiliptodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh, everyone knows that s10 will run as smoothly as a waxed sled on snow.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Season 10 finally! I just hope everything has been tested to work out of the box!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To give them credit, we all thought DR would crash and held up on launch. I don't think Season 10 will have anywhere near that kind of traffic. Do enough players really care passionately about a revamped space map and a few STF's?
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I’m in STO for 3 years flat so I’m confident that everything will work smooth and by the numbers the second S10 goes live. :o

Thanks for the morning chuckle that brought me.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    qziqza wrote: »
    Only ~4hours until we get to travel in wide open sector space, and take on the combined shiny might of the Iconian Heralds and their supporting cronies.

or

Season 10 will be the best season ever, and all the players will love it!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cant wait for season 11 to arrive. Other then sector space revamp and featured episodes its nothing special this time.
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Season 10 will be the best season ever, and all the players will love it!:rolleyes:

lol beat you to that one by days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    unit750unit750 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So heres a question... Since for some stupid reason they decided to make Uneasy Allies a level 60 mission, does that mean if you haven't done it, your locked out of the two new ones, even though the new ones are level 10?
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2015
    Think about it.

Everyone is going to be trying to log on at the same time to see the new stuff and thereby overloading the servers.

Then they'll come to the forum and complain. :P

"Obviously, Captain, you humans are sadly lacking in both patience and emotional self-control."
    "What else is new, Mr. Spock?"
    "True."
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I forsee a lot of rubberbands and transwarps with this.

I for one am not looking forward to plotting a course from say, DS9 to Qo'nos only to have my ship herk-a-jerk along like a car about to run out of gas.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    robyvision wrote: »
    Cant wait for season 11 to arrive. Other then sector space revamp and featured episodes its nothing special this time.

We use to have featured episodes all the time. We called them Weekly Episodes back then, and there was more than 1 for a month.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    unit750 wrote: »
    does that mean if you haven't done it, your locked out of the two new ones, even though the new ones are level 10?

I don't think so ... unless you wait until they're moved to Level 60 as well ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If what I observed on Tribble persists to holodeck, EVERYONE currently in Beta Quadrant sector space will find themselves in the Vulcan Sector. It's probably going to be one nasty clusterfudge when logging in.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015

;P LOL of course...
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My biggest concern for season updates is the behaviour of the automated instance generator. It is almost as if it never makes the list of things to check on release day.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    lol beat you to that one by days

I was posting that last week but lag you know :eek:
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    qziqza wrote: »

or

Lets just say - Travelling at Warp in sector space will probably be 'interesting; and your warp field will not be fluid/stable. :eek:;):P
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think I will simply limit myself to Doffing for the next couple of days. Though I may run one or two STF for each of my toons. Not going to bother with any missions that need 15+ minutes to complete just in case there are stability issues.
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was posting that last week but lag you know :eek:

thats what they all say, accpt you got 2nd place on this as it wont chance to fact someone got their before you LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Season 10....

...Will it Blend?
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am surprised how thin the new content offering is. These formidable enemies, the Iconians, who have been the central theme of STO for 5 years scheming in the dark, only get two story missions to do them in and a handful of STFs. Even the Vaudwaar, Undine and Voth got more attention. Lulz wut Cryptic?
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This seems an appropriate summation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVKG0I6XXA

Also Billy Preston's outfit is in keeping with the Iconian Armour color palette.

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    trennan wrote: »
    We use to have featured episodes all the time. We called them Weekly Episodes back then, and there was more than 1 for a month.

You and I must be living different timelines.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So im all patched, the loading screen looks very.. purple.. they've added the slider for bloom control, so i guess its just a waiting game (that seems to be stretching oooONnnn for ever) i see there is a wide swathe of opinion, from the crazily, must have this mistaken for some other game' optomistic view (thanks Peter, i'll just pretend /sarcasm isnt included lol) to some 'i was actually expecting much more feverish' pessimistic views. think i will sit plumb in the middle, and maybe follow the clever idea of just doffing for a day or 2, that way i'll get to experianc...... na frag it, i'll be hitting up the new q's and FE's, swearing like my much younger squaddie self, with the rest of the player base, as we lag, crash and experiance completely 'nonsense bugs' as per normal, and then rinse and repeat!! lets be honest, that is what release day is all about!! oh and the... SHiNeY SHiNeY... SHiNeY SHiNeY

as there will likely be some down time over the next few days i thought it may be a good plan to put my build in a new box.. so bought this to fill in the time productively lol

Phanteks Evolv Mini-ITX case
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bounce or twang? come again?

im assuming bounce is good and twang is bad, if thats the case, it looks like it twanged :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bounce or twang? come again?

im assuming bounce is good and twang is bad, if thats the case, it looks like it twanged :P

indeed, that was my thinking, so im glad i decided to put some of my attention elsewhere, and well.. rainy day retail tech therapy always works!!
    tYld1gu.gif?1