test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Say something positive about: The Galaxy Class

rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
edited April 2015 in Ten Forward
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have reached the the Cadillac of the Enterprise line: The Galaxy Class. Built as a true explorer, the Galaxy was also designed to bring an element of home to the final frontier, as we have seen families aboard the Enterprise-D.

You guys know the drill. Speak your peace on the Galaxy.

For me... this is the Enterprise I grew up with, almost literally as TNG aired the year I was born. Although looking more top heavy than the Enterprise-A, I can't help but think good things when I see a Galaxy. She was not only an explorer, she was a fighter as well as a home. Just like Admiral McCoy said:
McCoy wrote:
You treat her like a lady. And she'll always bring you home.
And she did. Right up to her destruction in Generations.
db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dandalfthetealdandalftheteal Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    She's iconic, tough, and an exceptional weapon, awful glitchy holodeck though.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like the Galaxy like I like my woman, Top heavy:cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh no, no one dare talk TRIBBLE about my beloved Galaxy-class!

It is one of the most iconic ships of the series. More importantly, its design and usage hearken back to the days when Starfleet was about exploration, not about being at war with everyone and everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good multi-role design, can be used for exploration and when operating in pairs or on their own, excellent battleships
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      neoakiraii wrote: »
      I like the Galaxy like I like my woman, Top heavy:cool:

My name is Altecha Chan and I approve of this message.
      Member since November 2009... I think.
      (UFP) Ragnar
    • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Big, graceful, and streamlined, designed practically as a self-contained Starbase, and probably the most exploratory-focused Enterprise since the original NCC-1701 was a member of the class. Had some of the earliest holodecks in the fleet, judging by comments in Farpoint.

Served admirably in the Dominion War, filling the other part of Starfleet's mandate there as well.
      Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Oh no, no one dare talk TRIBBLE about my beloved Galaxy-class!

It is one of the most iconic ships of the series. More importantly, its design and usage hearken back to the days when Starfleet was about exploration, not about being at war with everyone and everything.

The Galay was designed in the time when the feds where fighting the Cardassians and Tholians, plus the bad relation with Romulans....
      Hast thou not gone against sincerity
      Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
      Hast thou not lacked vigor
      Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
      Hast thou not become slothful
    • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      One of the best ship at it time.
      Hast thou not gone against sincerity
      Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
      Hast thou not lacked vigor
      Hast thou exerted all possible efforts