Install Arc
Options

More dailies being removed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems more likely that they simply overlooked it when setting up all the mission hooks. The missions are not part of the regular journal and unlike most older patrols, they have a story/level requirement IIRC.

Did people put in a bug ticket and/or mention it on the Tribble forums?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Alhena removed ? And where are we getting deuterium then ? And, anyway, what's the problem with that single map ???
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Alhena removed ? And where are we getting deuterium then ? And, anyway, what's the problem with that single map ???

I have been asking about these missions on the Tribble boards since the new sector maps went live there. Devs have responded in the threads, but never to my query. I have asked for confirmation but it falls upon deaf ears.

In my mind they have gone from 'missed' to 'removed' but they don't want to tell us.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Terradome

The original Starbase 24 instance that had 2 parts: The space part that still exists and the optional for the captains to board SB24 and clear the Klingon Boarders. That too got removed to make it better!

Can't forget Exploration Clusters! That too got removed to simply become a DOFFing menu!

Aye I remember the ground part of SB24, I always used to do it...... The other klingon fleet action, I can't remember it's name but you blow up the carriers at the end, you used to be able to board a damaged starfleet ship and clear out the klingon aboard that too.

I'm probably one of the minority that enjoyed the old STF'S too with the space and ground parts together. And the old patrol missions when random players could drop in and work with you to complete the goals, only thing that ruined that was idiots AFKing.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aye I remember the ground part of SB24, I always used to do it...... The other klingon fleet action, I can't remember it's name but you blow up the carriers at the end, you used to be able to board a damaged starfleet ship and clear out the klingon aboard that too.

I'm probably one of the minority that enjoyed the old STF'S too with the space and ground parts together. And the old patrol missions when random players could drop in and work with you to complete the goals, only thing that ruined that was idiots AFKing.

Klingon Scout Force. It's my favourite Fleet Action, but no one ever plays it anymore...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems more likely that they simply overlooked it when setting up all the mission hooks. The missions are not part of the regular journal and unlike most older patrols, they have a story/level requirement IIRC.

Yeah this is my take on it. They rearranged the ENTIRE galaxy map. It's entirely possible things got lost.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah this is my take on it. They rearranged the ENTIRE galaxy map. It's entirely possible things got lost.

I'm not real hopeful about them ever fixing this, even if it is just an oversight. There are still doff chains I can't complete.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pvpers found Alhena to be OP. :(
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not real hopeful about them ever fixing this, even if it is just an oversight. There are still doff chains I can't complete.
    Name them, then I will forward your complaint to Borticus so he can fix it too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Presumably (the OP mentioned they did, I can't find anything ATM though but that's working with a good deal of apathy) but I wouldn't be surprised if cryptic is replacing old sector dailies with new sector alerts (which seems to be the same sort of general thing).

It would be nice to have both, hopefully we will at some point, but the devs could be striving for another design again at the expense of old content (which in this case is good, playable stuff...)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I ran (and run) these dailies fairly frequently.

They are a good source of Dilithium before hitting the end-game reputation stuff.

Surplus deuterium is used on many, many of my ships, and it is Bind to Character, so I need to run the refinery mission to get it.

I'll be upset if these missions are gone permanently - we can't lose more missions for the sake of "improving" our post-DR galaxy. We need more variety, not less.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll be upset if these missions are gone permanently - we can't lose more missions for the sake of "improving" our post-DR galaxy. We need more variety, not less.

The problematic aspects is that we are getting more variety in the form of galaxy-wide encounters (keep an eye on the mini-map come tomorrow, assuming the servers don't melt) which are very much like the old sector dailies. If cryptic thought that they were unnecessary then we might justifiably (to cryptic) loose "redundant" Eta Erandi repeatables.

They aren't (even if the new missions are very much like those patrols, having both available doesn't detract from either system) but I can see someone in an office leaning the other way.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    echelonalphaechelonalpha Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't want to see them removed, but I wouldn't get upset if they were.

I did them almost every day, for about a year, after they were added. Fighting the True Way got tedious eventually.. it would have been so much better if they could have given the missions random enemies.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The problematic aspects is that we are getting more variety in the form of galaxy-wide encounters (keep an eye on the mini-map come tomorrow, assuming the servers don't melt) which are very much like the old sector dailies. If cryptic thought that they were unnecessary then we might justifiably (to cryptic) loose "redundant" Eta Erandi repeatables.

They aren't (even if the new missions are very much like those patrols, having both available doesn't detract from either system) but I can see someone in an office leaning the other way.

I maybe be much happier with sector area dailies randomly popping up - I'll take a look once I'm in game after the patch.

That said, I want my deuterium. From my using it, I prefer it over engine batteries. I'm not sitting on a huge stockpile, as I'd just run this daily any time I needed more. This would actually be a perfect item to add to the Engineering Crafting school, and no longer bound to character. We need more items to craft anyway...
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any update on this?

I don't think I would mind as much if somebody came through and explained their basis for removing content or explained that it put some sort of strain on systems or it wasn't working with the revamp, but silence makes it worse.

I'm certain that given the recent comments by Borticus and Taco that sometimes to forums can be annoying to deal with, but honestly it's made a big deal that you've guys have opened up on communication, at least to me. hopefully we can get some sort of response here.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cryptic giveth, Cryptic taketh away... fun ... :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I still run these on occasion, so I'd prefer the dailies not get removed.

Having *more* to do doesn't mean removing content while adding some other content that may or may not be popular. At best, that equals out, but there are plenty of times when I like to go do something else. Something not queueable.

Frankly, daily missions like these help fill out the universe. I'm just hoping this is a temporary thing.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what about making the borg in the defera invasion zone more aggresive
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    millybun wrote: »
    Yeah, I still run these on occasion, so I'd prefer the dailies not get removed.

Having *more* to do doesn't mean removing content while adding some other content that may or may not be popular. At best, that equals out, but there are plenty of times when I like to go do something else. Something not queueable.

Frankly, daily missions like these help fill out the universe. I'm just hoping this is a temporary thing.

Agreed and it keeps everything from feeling.like the same ol continuing storyry
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg