test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More dailies being removed?

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
It seems some of the Eta Eridani dailies have become inaccessible on Tribble, and there have been no responses from the devs about them. Specifically Defense Contract and Sh'marr Distress Signal. Defense Contract is the only place in the game to obtain deuterium surplus ship devices. I would stock up on those now if you actually use them.

My guess is these are being removed from the game with Season 10. Minor removals, but removals nonetheless. How do you feel about it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    How do you feel about it?

Generally speaking, I hate them removing content.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm feeling pretty good about it, but I've had a lot to drink. How do you feel about it?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty good about it, but I've had a lot to drink. How do you feel about it?

I shouldn't have had the bowl of bran flakes after the bowl of chili, but I skipped breakfast earlier...meh.
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It'll probably be like the computer core drops in defence contract that on a collection of 10 gave an extra mission and called a bug and not a "stealth removal of content" as someone suggested at the time before one of the dev's denied it and stated they'd tell us if they were removing content (at least that's what my memory recalls but I can't be bothered looking for the link and post).

Anyway several years after Legacy of Romulus launched and that bug appeared and its not been fixed to reinstate the content so wouldn't be surprised if these missions went the same way which would be a massive shame as they're fun missions and a break from the usual shoot up five waves of NPC's that seems to be a standard patrol format these days.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    being removed TO MAKE IT BETTER like terradome and the others

YOU SHOULD BE THANKING THEM
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    being removed TO MAKE IT BETTER like terradome and the others

YOU SHOULD BE THANKING THEM

Terradome

The original Starbase 24 instance that had 2 parts: The space part that still exists and the optional for the captains to board SB24 and clear the Klingon Boarders. That too got removed to make it better!

Can't forget Exploration Clusters! That too got removed to simply become a DOFFing menu!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great...:rolleyes: More content being removed. Might was well remove all content, and have us just attempt to login for the fun of it. Oh wait, isn't that what Cogento is for?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Were these missions present in earlier iterations of the new sector map ?
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    considering you can get just as much if not more Dil doing other patrols with 30min CDs as opposed to the 20hr CD of the Eta's I can't say I care all that much....though I admit I would have preffered if they simply updated the CD to reflect the new "norm"....have to say I haven't done a shamar or trelius mission since they add dil to the tau dewa patrols

also I guess its possible these missions just "got lost in the move" so to speak....
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems some of the Eta Eridani dailies have become inaccessible on Tribble, and there have been no responses from the devs about them. Specifically Defense Contract and Sh'marr Distress Signal. Defense Contract is the only place in the game to obtain deuterium surplus ship devices. I would stock up on those now if you actually use them.

My guess is these are being removed from the game with Season 10. Minor removals, but removals nonetheless. How do you feel about it?

Haven't checked this last update on Tribble, but the previous one seemed to have the Deferi dailies missing too.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only way to save the content is to add mindless grind to it. :eek:

Hurry!!!
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Being removed to "make it better"... when?

When will we see the improved versions, if that's what they're in fact doing? Or are they removing them because it's "old" content and therefore isn't helping them show the PWE overlords how much fun we're having with the new stuff?
  • Options
    valianttomevalianttome Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    considering you can get just as much if not more Dil doing other patrols with 30min CDs as opposed to the 20hr CD of the Eta's I can't say I care all that much....though I admit I would have preffered if they simply updated the CD to reflect the new "norm"....have to say I haven't done a shamar or trelius mission since they add dil to the tau dewa patrols

also I guess its possible these missions just "got lost in the move" so to speak....

So because it doesnt affect you its totally cool?

Wait til they come for something you enjoy.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I hope not. That's all I can say about it.
  • Options
    gameleechgameleech Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    'Hey, if we remove Defense Contract from the content list, I betcha more people will roll up a Delta toon to get the new device and do missions instead of our dead queues and abandoned content!' - Cryptic Employee

'Hey, you are onto something there. We love to save money. Btw you are fired! - PWI Employee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I thought at first maybe the new mission door was broken, but the arena gates are in place. Then after flying around for a bit on a whim thinking they moved it, I didn't find it.

Either they removed it, or the mission door is broken. With Cryptic it could be either/or.

Though Traelus seems to still be there, because the mission was available under the Available missions tab, but still...
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh, please no! I've really enjoyed these dailies. Dear Devs please keep them ingame. I don't think they hurt anyone. And they don't give that much Dillithium either (a player can eran much more in a Battlezone).
  • Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They remove content to force a certain playstyle.
    It's NEVER a good idea to remove something without something to replace it.
    The argument of, "well, you can earn more dilithium doing blah blah blah" doesn't hold water.
    Earning dilithium isn't the point. FUN is the point.
    You can argue that it isn't fun for you, but then you don't have to play it.
    Removal of content is ALWAYS bad.
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    By the way. Why should Cryptic remove these missions? There are much more effective way ingame to earn the same amount of Dilithium. At the moment removement of these dailies doesn't make much sense (at least to me)...
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited April 2015

and THEN i'll be upset about it......why would it make any sense to be annoyed about the removal of something I don't actually care about? :confused:
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeh i too noticed these 2 dailies missing the last time i was in tribble, both have been part of my dailies for quite a few years now, once things start getting removed it starts to throw the daily routine stuff out of balance by having to find other things to fill those gaps or just learning to play less within the game structure itself, not sure if i see it as a good thing by having parts removed, even if they seem inconsequential to others who dont care about doing them.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Defera too? Jeez Cryptic...

I'll admit, I had these types of dailies moved out of my rotation simply because I didn't really visit these areas in the game anymore. I had some hope that with the new changes to sector space I could fit these back into my regular rotation, since there would be less loading screens to deal with. But I don't think that'll be happening.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Content removal is never ever acceptable under any circumstances whatsoever.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One of the devs needs to respond to this.

I was just getting to the point where I was enjoying the game and planning on playing it again consistently, but if they're hell bent on taking quality side missions like those out then why bother? It makes it clear Cryptic doesn't understand their audience which is a major turn off.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Content removal is never ever acceptable under any circumstances whatsoever."

Actually, it is, and I suspect that if we ever get a response, we'll hear a variation of

"They were broken with the changeover and not enough people played them to justify the man-hours."
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Content removal is never ever acceptable under any circumstances whatsoever."

Actually, it is, and I suspect that if we ever get a response, we'll hear a variation of

"They were broken with the changeover and not enough people played them to justify the man-hours."

Pretty much this unfortunately...
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do Traelus often... ill be sad if they remove it.
    I was also fond of the defera patrols.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Hah nail on the button with that one. It's all fun and games until a cryptic dev comes for your favorite content. Then it's rage, flames and DOOM.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope these are a temporary removal. In the case of Alhena daily if they made deuterium surpluses available for purchase then i won't mind its removal as much. But some kind of dev response would be welcome before everyone loses their ****.