test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eclipse Intel Cruiser dimensions, deck plans, reference materials

amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Federation Discussion
I've been working on a bunch of supplementary materials for my main, and one of the things I'd like to do is an LCARS Okudagram of the ship. Thing is, while we can infer a ballpark size for the Eclipse by parking it next to other ships and analyzing the (user-configurable) window patterns, there isn't anywhere near enough information to work with.

Pipe dream request: are there any fan-made schematic views, Okudagrams, or anything similar for the Eclipse?

Better yet: are there any reference materials that the art/dev team can share which would help? (e.g. scale sketches, notes, deck plans, FAPSTB render views without perspective distortion)

I realize that as a non-canon ship designed as a product to sell, the authoritative answer might well be "that stuff doesn't exist". In which case my creativity has free rein, which isn't a bad thing... but wherever possible I prefer accuracy over winging it. ;)
Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
Post edited by amezuki on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    The Scryer and Phantom were (or perhaps still are?) in there. The Eclipse is nearly as long as the Odyssey, and I don't think it would fit. Can't remember if I tried or not.

An excerpt from something Taco was saying about ships in the docking bay at ESD. Other than that... *shrug*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    An excerpt from something Taco was saying about ships in the docking bay at ESD. Other than that... *shrug*
    Yeah, I saw that, but thank you. Like I said, it's not that I can't ballpark it--I'm just looking, and hoping, for something more precise or authoritative. Failing that, I'm prepared to engage the creative transwarp drive.
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Do we even have a length on the Odyssey anyways? That would narrow it down for the Eclipse...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Do we even have a length on the Odyssey anyways? That would narrow it down for the Eclipse...

Dirk Loechel puts the Odyssey-class at 1080 meters.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Dirk Loechel puts the Odyssey-class at 1080 meters.
    Good find--I didn't realize he was still updating that. Yoinked a new version to replace my (very old) one.

*sets out cookies and coffee as bait* I'm sure they're all quite busy this morning with the patch, but as time allows, any chance we could get someone from art or dev to weigh in on the accuracy of that estimate, or perhaps with even more detail? I would really love to at least try making a side-view Okudagram for the Eclipse, but it's tough to do so without even knowing its dimensions or how many decks it has.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i think taco said the sov is the longest ship that can fit through the doors and still turn wile the galaxy is the tallest/widest
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey, check out what I found!

http://h31180y.deviantart.com/art/Eclipse-Class-Intel-Cruiser-MSD-506582854

That was so worth throwing a couple dollars at the artist for the hi-res version.