test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

cant run STO via ARC

leviathen86leviathen86 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Bought a new pc, installed ARC and then STO, however afther the install the game would keep on crashing on driver issues. It would not get further than about 80% of loading the game.

I removed the game and Re-installed it via ARC, and it did still crash in the loading.

Then i removed it agian and installed it via Steam, and it does work now.

I didnt add or remove any other drivers or anything in beteween.

Perhaps the loading via Arc isnt ok? anyone else has have this proplem?

grtz
Post edited by leviathen86 on

Comments

• Options
    chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can bypass both arc and steam and use the direct STO launcher either in ARC games folder or Steam folder.
  • Options
    tehphillzortehphillzor Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can solve that issue by making sure your graphics and directX drivers are up to date. Any Driver errors you get stem from something being amiss and has nothing to do with either Steam or Arc.

Google the DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 Redist (yes, install both) from Micro$haft, and get your latest driver from your video cards manufacturer (AMD or nVidia)
    Aceman67.png
  • Options
    leviathen86leviathen86 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Like i said, i didnt remove, update or download any drivers what so ever between the arc install and the steam install.

The arc install did not work. it took about a 3th the time for downloading in arc, compared to steam, and it did not work.
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Leviathen, I and other players have also had serious issues with ARC and STO.

And updating the drivers has little to no effect, as the problem is not on our end. FYI

P.S. You might give the suggestion from chi1701d (post #2) a try.
  • Options
    tehphillzortehphillzor Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It also might help if you told us EXACTLY what the driver error was, some of us on the interwebz can understand such things.
    i didnt remove, update or download any drivers what so ever

And why not? Keeping things up to date is very important, especially when you're gaming on a PC.

Did you even try to see if that was the problem in your situation?

I have no issue with Arc, but I compulsively keep my computer up to date, and any error I get, I immediately google the specifics of that error (Name, error code/ID, what I was doing when error started, etc) to see if there's any solution online. And the first thing I do when It says its a driver error: I update my fracking drivers.

To just come out and say "No, I didn't update any drivers" is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read this afternoon, and I just got done laughing my TRIBBLE off at Fox News' reaction to Hilary Clinton announcing her Presidential run.

There is absolutely no logical argument you can make against updating your drivers as part of an attempt to solve a problem.
    Aceman67.png
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Leviathen, I and other players have also had serious issues with ARC and STO.

And updating the drivers has little to no effect, as the problem is not on our end. FYI

P.S. You might give the suggestion from chi1701d (post #2) a try.

After a year of no issues sometime late last year ARC refused to load. I sent a ticket to ARC and their response was to run the exe directly as an admin. Been doing that ever since without issue.