test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has anyone ever fully completed Bug Hunt Elite?

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
By Fully completed, I mean including setting the charges around the edge where the spawnmother is.
I know most including myself just go for the spawnmother only, and accept it as done.
So what is it, spawnmother only, or setting the charges as well?
any thoughts on that???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Never bothered with the charges. Don't think anyone does. Surprised it's not a mandatory objective or something...
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I typically PUG BHE. I have only fully completed it once, with the charges. It takes coordination and faith in the plan. With PUGs that's not going to happen. But I can see a tight-knit group of players with a plan doing it.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It needs to be reworked, the timer takes way too long to set one charge. Not to mention the crazy aggro of the bugs. Not even on a tank science officer was I able to get them fully off the npc.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As someone said it needs to be reworked. The queen herself can fully heal when she's practically dead, although that doesn't happen all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    there are issues with bug hunt, as mentioned above

1. timer takes too long
    2. the lt has too much aggro... I once went in with max aggro and didn't get them off him.
    3. I've seen the queen heal in 20 seconds flat, from near dead, despise being shot at by heavy dspers
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,045 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Agreed. Its almost like you have to choose one or the other. Both is a tall order, dang near impossible. Its just easier to kill the queen and move on. Maybe we can just say that we just used our shipboard phasers to drill the hive into oblivion after killing the queen since we now know exactly where it is, but then again someone could say "Why didn't we do this in the first place?"
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The queen heals every time a delver runs over to her. Ie she eats it and heals. Hence why aoes are quite helpfull in that respect.
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm okay with optionals being tall orders; we're talking about the Elite mode of a queue added as part of an effort to make the game more challenging. Having never accomplished both objectives, though, I have to ask: What does setting the charges get you? My understanding is that it's just a few more Delta marks, which is a pathetic reward for that kind of effort. The problem isn't necessarily the difficulty, but how achieving such a difficult task is rewarded.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    By Fully completed, I mean including setting the charges around the edge where the spawnmother is.
    I'm not certain it's possible. Between the ravagers and the delvers, even without the spawnmother to contend with, I think it would take longer than the timer for Lt. Useless to plant the charges.

The most I've managed is to get one set, and that took at least 1/4th the timer, probably longer.

Maybe if the enemy AIs were programmed to ignore him, but if anything there are always several focusing him.

Or maybe if you go in with a group with an average team DPS above 1600-2000.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I tried once but he needs to stop scratching his butt and blabbing .. i was ready to kill him myself and made the bugs form a line ..

I think they need to tone it down a bit .. it takes way too long between the interrupts and his own um issues..yeah its well overdone....
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't even know why cryptic makes so many queues. They are 90 percent empty.
    I tried to do a few of the obscure ones every day. Never once got picked.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    I don't even know why cryptic makes so many queues. They are 90 percent empty.
    I tried to do a few of the obscure ones every day. Never once got picked.

Some of them can be done privately and solo
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do private qs exclusively with my friends, pugs are just murder...
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A simple restructuring of the boss fight would do it.
    Change the charges to 3 instead of four.

Set the bombs on nests that are spawning bugs constantly.
    Some of the bugs attack Rico, some the players and some go heal up the queen.
    After the first bomb is done, you get a minute to weaken the queen.
    Then repeat with second bomb, another chance to weaken the queen and the destroy the final nest after which no more small bugs spawn but queen goes into a rage with really heavy attacks.
    Not sure what the optional could be in this scenario.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I know most including myself just go for the spawnmother only, and accept it as done.
    So what is it, spawnmother only, or setting the charges as well?
    any thoughts on that???

Those who can do it may see it pointless to do it Just like the NTTE do not go to the acid pool. It just that unpractical for those who can kill the spawnmother very easy.
    there are issues with bug hunt, as mentioned above

1. timer takes too long
    2. the lt has too much aggro... I once went in with max aggro and didn't get them off him.
    3. I've seen the queen heal in 20 seconds flat, from near dead, despise being shot at by heavy dspers

Yes, the spawnmother heals which is not an issue if you are really with the "High DPSers". But if you are with four High DPSers it shouldnt matter. High DPSers should be able to burst DPS around 2-3k at the Spawnmother (those who can do this are usually at the 600-700 DPS+ or above at the BHE table). Spawnmother should be dead in a few seconds regardless if it heals if you are with that kind of group

The Spawnmother heals only matters if you are not with High Dpsers doing amount of Burst DPS which make them not High DPSers because it would be very difficult to kill the Spawnmother.

I see no reason why the Spawnmother at Elite shouldnt heal. It is an elite mission
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Never bothered with the charges. Don't think anyone does. Surprised it's not a mandatory objective or something...

oh for petes sake don't give em ideas m8....

with a team its doable, but with a pug... be glad u get the salvage.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »
    Those who can do it may see it pointless to do it Just like the NTTE do not go to the acid pool. It just that unpractical for those who can kill the spawnmother very easy.

Yes, the spawnmother heals which is not an issue if you are really with the "High DPSers". But if you are with four High DPSers it shouldnt matter. High DPSers should be able to burst DPS around 2-3k at the Spawnmother (those who can do this are usually at the 600-700 DPS+ or above at the BHE table). Spawnmother should be dead in a few seconds regardless if it heals if you are with that kind of group

The Spawnmother heals only matters if you are not with High Dpsers doing amount of Burst DPS which make them not High DPSers because it would be very difficult to kill the Spawnmother.

I see no reason why the Spawnmother at Elite shouldnt heal. It is an elite mission

it did, we were very confused... and we were running advanced because of 1 player... this same team has done elite in less time.