test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan RP Issues

2»

Comments

• darkjediborgdarkjediborg Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do have facts, but enjoying my time having this friendly discussion with Protogoth. I mean its been so long since someone grew a pair and spoke against him/her, so I guess the fact she is being challenged is a serious blow to his/her ego.

Facts don't matter, I aint willing to hurt someone I once considered a friend, but I am willing to challenge the baseless facts of a dictator of a fleet leader that does all he/she can do to discredit someone, and hide their true fleet activity.
  • bostonianbostonian Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do have facts, but enjoying my time having this friendly discussion with Protogoth. I mean its been so long since someone grew a pair and spoke against him/her, so I guess the fact she is being challenged is a serious blow to his/her ego.

Facts don't matter, I aint willing to hurt someone I once considered a friend, but I am willing to challenge the baseless facts of a dictator of a fleet leader that does all he/she can do to discredit someone, and hide their true fleet activity.

Except you're trying to hurt them. I have no particular allegiance to either of you. I'm casual at best, and only recently started playing in earnest. But where I'm from, you either put up, or shut up.
    edited April 2015
    We're very similar then.. Yet like I stated, I am not willing to harm the person I consider to be a friend. So the notion of "put up or shut up" doesn't fit in here. You also wont get far with that one, unlike some if the communities members of this game, I don't follow commands, or orders and I definitely will not "put up or shut up" just because you simply asked.

You need to earn my trust, so far one actually still has it even tho its fading fast. But don't worry, I am sure if you join that fleet you will find out for yourself, just take my advise and do not show loyalty, they don't respect it at all and will toss you out for it. Plenty of fleets that feel that loyalty is the thing that is not desires, Tal Diann and HoB being two of them.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm tempted to join the Tal'Diann as I was offered an invitation a while back but declined due to being satisfied with my own fleet. However I'm curious to partake in this rp stuff.

Dammit why can't fleets work like in ESO where you can be in 5 at a time.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited April 2015
    We're very similar then.. Yet like I stated, I am not willing to harm the person I consider to be a friend. So the notion of "put up or shut up" doesn't fit in here. You also wont get far with that one, unlike some if the communities members of this game, I don't follow commands, or orders and I definitely will not "put up or shut up" just because you simply asked.

You need to earn my trust, so far one actually still has it even tho its fading fast. But don't worry, I am sure if you join that fleet you will find out for yourself, just take my advise and do not show loyalty, they don't respect it at all and will toss you out for it. Plenty of fleets that feel that loyalty is the thing that is not desires, Tal Diann and HoB being two of them.

You sure have a funny way of showing your "friendship." If unsupported public accusations are how you show your loyalty and friendship, it's certainly not something I'll be seeking.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westx211 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to join the Tal'Diann as I was offered an invitation a while back but declined due to being satisfied with my own fleet. However I'm curious to partake in this rp stuff.

Dammit why can't fleets work like in ESO where you can be in 5 at a time.

Guys, while I sincerely appreciate the interest in our fleets, this is not a recruiting thread, nor is it even about our fleets. We do have a recruiting thread here if you're interested, or you can contact tolmarius or myself in-game. I will not participate in the threadjack any further.
    edited April 2015
    So what are some other "neutral" areas that Romulans of either faction can frequent? There are enough RSE RPers out there that I can certainly understand why the Flotilla and Mol'Rihann would be undesirable, unless we were using them as set-pieces for an unrelated neutral spot.
    edited April 2015
    bostonian wrote: »
    So what are some other "neutral" areas that Romulans of either faction can frequent? There are enough RSE RPers out there that I can certainly understand why the Flotilla and Mol'Rihann would be undesirable, unless we were using them as set-pieces for an unrelated neutral spot.

Drozana could work or DS9
    edited April 2015
    Bostonian, involve yourself in matters that specifically involve yourself... when I ask for comments or opinions from the peanut gallery you will be identified.

But yes, this is not for recruitment, and once again the topic is about the (e)rp on the flotilla.
    edited April 2015
    My ig ID is the same as the forums, if anyone's wanting once comms are back online.
    edited April 2015
    Sorry to say, my shackles of restraint is lifted.. Gessa, if you want some... you know where to find me.

Bostonian, You are a nobody, so why would I take you up on that offer? You might want to recognize homie.
    edited April 2015
    Sorry to say, my shackles of restraint is lifted.. Gessa, if you want some... you know where to find me.

Bostonian, You are a nobody, so why would I take you up on that offer? You might want to recognize homie.

Shots fired!
  • tolmariustolmarius Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The flotilla does actually work. As someone stated earlier, there is a long tradition in Trek of ships being used as neutral ground for negotiations. And it has romulan architecure. It can just as easily be an RSE or civilian ship.
    3T6cHqb.png
    edited April 2015
    tolmarius wrote: »
    The flotilla does actually work. As someone stated earlier, there is a long tradition in Trek of ships being used as neutral ground for negotiations. And it has romulan architecure. It can just as easily be an RSE or civilian ship.

What I meant by "set piece". Long standing tradition in Trek to use existing sets for new locales. :)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    cant say Im a huge fan of protogoth but damn that darkjediborg is a real piece of fecal matter even for a forum troll
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
    edited April 2015
    Know what I find strange Kadu?

the fact suddenly over many different threads the tal diann and yourself seem to be able to coincide without much conflict anymore.

Its also funny that in one of Proto's threads she posted she seems to think she is of enough authority to command craptic for ****, kinda makes me think of the false authority of the fleet SFD.

yet none of this matters, Gessa.. will love what comes next.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What I meant by "set piece". Long standing tradition in Trek to use existing sets for new locales. :)

LOL! Very true.

Well, I'd proposed the Flotilla as a good location, because ships are often a good semi-netural meeting place in Trek. Definitely agree that New Romulus is out of the question though, as that's just too far slanted in one group's favour.

I'm struggling to think of other locations that are accessible to both KDF- and Fed-aligned players, though. Not many that jump out, and are useful.

Locations I can think of that don't really work:

- Drozana: not a great place, and it's prime for trolls. Also, no real good meeting place

- Solanae Command: Republic-controlled, but not much useable space besides Subcommander Kaol's office, which isn't ideal for a conference

- Delta Command: also Republic-controlled, but even less space than in the Solanae Sphere

- Kobali Prime: it's a nice big, bright location, but it's locked to high-level toons and there's no meeting area outside of General Q'Nel's podium room. Also, it's being attacked... all the time

- Solanae (Ground): there's... basically nothing there

- Nukara Prime: there's a single, shielded area. That's it

Locations I can think of that might work, in order:

1 - the Flotilla: is ideal, for accessibility and the fact that it's freely there

2 - Bajor: is also freely accessible, and there aren't a lot of players on the ground at any time so there are no concerns about getting everyone in the same instance. Has nice spots in the main courtyard around the water

3 - DS9: it's very Trek, in that it's been used for multi-party talks many times before. Not much useable space for a player event though, outside of the upper levels of Quark's. Maybe somewhere on the top levels, the walkway above the Promenade?

4 - KDF Fleet Starbase: it's built for meetings, much moreso than the Fed Fleet Starbase. Pretty well set up even without upgrades, too. If a throw-away fleet is made for this event, then it's easy to get going and invite players inside whenever we do anything

5 - Fleet Embassy: the diplomacy area is all about meetings, but needs some upgrading to be decent. An existing fleet would have to offer up their facilities, and that might be a turn-off for some players. Also, it's on New Romulus, which takes us back to the first problem
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sounds like fun (the RP idea, not the bickering in the thread ;)). I'd be interested too, if it works out.

About the locations: yeah, some places are not accessible for lower levels.
    edited April 2015
    guljarol wrote: »
    Sounds like fun (the RP idea, not the bickering in the thread ;)). I'd be interested too, if it works out.

About the locations: yeah, some places are not accessible for lower levels.

Best option would seem to be using the Flotilla, and saying the Lleiset isn't the Lleiset.
    edited April 2015
    All that is required to make the Flottila Observation deck ideal is to just pretend D'tan isn't standing there. Ormsimply pretend he is a diplomat.

As for embassies, my own fleet limited the number of KDF decorative addons on purpose, so as to make it more Romulan friendly.
    3T6cHqb.png
    edited April 2015
    All that is required to make the Flottila Observation deck ideal is to just pretend D'tan isn't standing there. Ormsimply pretend he is a diplomat.

As for embassies, my own fleet limited the number of KDF decorative addons on purpose, so as to make it more Romulan friendly.

There is a lounge area on the Flotilla in the room where D'Tan is, which I think would serve well for some of this.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    There is a lounge area on the Flotilla in the room where D'Tan is, which I think would serve well for some of this.

The location is set, now only to do is the time, date, and organising.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Time: maybe we should see where is everyone (which time zone) to know what we're dealing with.

I'm in the UK, GMT+1. But I am fairly adaptable if it comes to working hours. As long as it's not 4 AM my time ;)
    edited April 2015
    I'm North America, but I can murder my sleep pattern on the weekends for my fellow Romulans in the other hemisphere if needed.

Either way, the next couple weekends are the most flexible for me.
    edited April 2015
    This doesn't have to be a regularly scheduled event. Though that could work. There is a chat channel called RomComm specifically for IC ROmulans
    3T6cHqb.png
    edited April 2015
    This doesn't have to be a regularly scheduled event. Though that could work. There is a chat channel called RomComm specifically for IC ROmulans

How... did I not know about this before :confused:
    edited April 2015
    No idea. It isn't very active. Perhaps we can "Make it so."
    3T6cHqb.png
    edited April 2015
    RomComm is an open channel (you don't need an invitation to join). Just type:
    /channel join RomComm
    Chat in that channel is supposed to stay IC (and no, it's not a Tal Diann thing, but some of us are on it).
  • megatronis1megatronis1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Have you and some of the other Rommie players gotten a date and time nailed down yet for the event. I'm available most times on the weekend, In the afternoon or early evening in the Pacific time zone.
    edited April 2015
    Have you and some of the other Rommie players gotten a date and time nailed down yet for the event. I'm available most times on the weekend, In the afternoon or early evening in the Pacific time zone.

No time necessary. Unless you want. We can arrange stuff on RomComm, or arrange something.
    3T6cHqb.png