What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Miranda class ships everywhere

2»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    I switched over to my old classic Connie with those classic blue phasers.

Yeah. Who doesn't love the look of a TOS Connie swishing past later versions Fed ships or watching one take out small fleets of D-7s and or D-9s in a Deep Space Encounters. Pure nostalgic joy. :)

Still, my ears start to ring after a while. :eek:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Soon as the Tutorial was over. I got my Connie out. Hadn't flown that one in a long time. Its good to use that ship again.

However with my mains I'm still playing since I hadn't saw all the new stuff. The Delta character won't see much use during the event.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like fighting borgs with hulls of 9k . . . Ahhhhh, the good old days.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's quite a difference going from my fully geared Presidio decked out in all Mk XIV gear to a Miranda with 3 Mk I Weapons. :D

It's actually kind of fun though, I like going back to when I had to do slightly more then just tap my spacebar and win every fight. The only part that sucks is how slow you travel in Sector space.. It takes FOREVER go get anywhere.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Been flying my NX, what a fun ship and yes I even finished the tutorial in the NX, NX vs Borg Cube it was glorious and a epic fight
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • galattgalatt Member Posts: 708 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I have to admit I'm enjoying this as well. Flying around in the USS UNNERFABLE is way more fun than I remember when I started. I'm even relearning things that I had forgot like making weapons autofire. That will be so useful, but as soon as I get to ESD out comes the Steamrunner.
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • cassamirothcassamiroth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Really, the whole low level experience is a lot of fun. Feels like we're actually flying these ships and being somewhat tactical about our engagements, rather than fly in(cloaked or otherwise), then just unload and vaporize everyone.
      I've been flying with another group of both vets and newbies. Even though we can easily still just tank them and fire-at-will spam them to death at low level, the fact that the individual weapons and powers make so much of a dent per use without optimization... I dunno, I feel kind of like I'm playing Starfleet Command again, where it's just you, your ships and your guns.
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I've been flying a B'rotlh for most of mine. :P
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Miranda?! I brought out the Connie :)
    • desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I thought about using an Oberth but decided against it for reasons.

Even though I played around with a low level fed toon for fun a few months back it was long enough ago that I forgot how different stuff is in the single digits. But what I keep seeing that on ground maps with my BOFFs I feel that they are more useful -- with only one ground BOFF power they actually fire their weapons at the bad guys as opposed to constantly firing off their powers or using the consumables I give them when it is totally not needed.
    • cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I'm not sure why everyone is loving flying the Miranda and thinks it add strategy to the game.

In the tutorial mission (all I had time for last night), there is no strategy, it's just spacebar mashing. The Borg present no real threat to you in that mission. Maybe future missions in it will cause me to think but the tutorial did not :)

I think my hull got down to 75% once and it was when I was being pounded on by 6 Borg at once. Never felt in danger at all.

All it really did was make me miss my Oddy. You don't have enough Boffs or powers at level 3 in the Miranda to do anything but spacebar mash.

Plus as someone else said... Warp 5 is unbearably slow :)

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to start over and I'm having fun with my DR but let's not romanticize the Miranda. It's an outdated garbage scow... no, it doesn't haul garbage, it should be hauled away AS garbage! :)
    • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      cecil08 wrote: »

Plus as someone else said... Warp 5 is unbearably slow :)

That was what I really noticed. Gotten so spoiled with borg engines and trans-warp, that I'd forgotten how nice it is to set course & crank it up to warp 5, go to the bathroom, grab another beverage and get back before the destination was reached.

Been years since I started a new toon. Kinda enjoying starting over again.
      Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Well there is one thing I sure we all will agree on - a rare thing in this game I know, but...

Moving through sector space at Warp 5 point anything really }} BLEEPS!!! {{ <---- favorite expletive goes here.
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      mspfueler wrote: »
      That was what I really noticed. Gotten so spoiled with borg engines and trans-warp, that I'd forgotten how nice it is to set course & crank it up to warp 5, go to the bathroom, grab another beverage and get back before the destination was reached.

Been years since I started a new toon. Kinda enjoying starting over again.

The new Sector Space that's coming in Season 10 might give you this back, provided you don't use Transwarp. (And I think in the new sector space, there will be a lot less reason to do so...
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I have to admit I've enjoyed myself. I intend to try out all the ships and weapon types I skipped over last time. Including the NX. Which I had forgotten completely I purchased.

I also now have a reason to use that Exeter class I bought on a whim. I wonder how close I can get it to the JJPrise? Should be fun to find out.
      A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.