test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

did not receive Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade reward from Uneasy Alliance

ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I ran a couple of Romulan toons through the FE Uneasy Alliance for the armor. My Fed-aligned Tactical officer received the armor and the Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade rewards just fine. But my KDF-aligned Science officer only received the armor, and did not receive the Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade.

Here's a screen shot of the log window, and below is the text copy
[11:11] [System] Left channel "Zone".
[System] Joined channel "Zone".
[11:11] [System] [NeighborhoodEntered] Z-6 Sector
[11:12] [System] [NeighborhoodEntered] Bolarus Sector
[11:13] [NPC] Admiral Kererek: Admiral Kadra, as you can see, matters have become somewhat urgent.
We have no information about Sela's whereabouts, but I have no doubt that she is still making alliances and raising armies. But even that threat is less pressing than the arrival of this new sphere near the Iconia system. As far as we can tell, this sphere is far larger and older than any of the other spheres we've encountered.
I fear Sela was right. The Iconians are invading, and this is just the beginning.
[11:13] [Mission] Resolved mission "Uneasy Allies".
[11:13] [System] [ItemReceived] Item acquired: Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor Mk XI
[11:13] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 720 Dilithium Ore
[11:13] [Reward] Skill Point +12,900
[11:13] [System] [NumericLevelSet] You are now Vice Admiral (52)
[11:13] [System] [NumericSet] You now have 2 Captain Specialization Point.
[11:13] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 14,325 Expertise
[11:13] [System] [NeighborhoodEntered] Devron Sector
[11:13] [System] [NeighborhoodEntered] Tarod Sector

The Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade reward is not listed as available for the mission replay, so it appears that the mission thinks I received it already. Maybe it is looking at a per-account reward or something
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same issue, just ran my KDF Rom through the mission to get the armor and didn't get the tech upgrade :(.

http://sta.sh/02e0axcgghwa
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a per-account reward, I think.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a per-account reward, I think.
    Its listed as one of the rewards for each toon when you are offered the mission. Then no longer offered after you finish it.

If it is account-based it should not be offered after you claim it once
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its listed as one of the rewards for each toon when you are offered the mission. Then no longer offered after you finish it.

If it is account-based it should not be offered after you claim it once

It's once per week according to the blog...doing that three week thing for the set pieces.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's once per week according to the blog...doing that three week thing for the set pieces.

They SHOULD state that in the mission rewards section OR make it so it DOESN'T show as a reward when you in fact won't receive it for a given runthrough.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its False Advertising is what it is, I was mostly doing that mission for the set AND the Tech Upgrade, its a waste of time if I don't get both when there both advertised as rewards.
    This tech upgrade is Bound to Account, and costs no Dilithium to use. This tech upgrade is available each week! Captains can potentially get up to 3 of these! Be sure to check back each week to get your newest one!

That is actually more misleading then I think they realize, makes it sound like none of us have alts we play, so in essence there TRIBBLE us out of potential tech upgrades without fully explaining all the details around there aquisition of the tech upgrade.

Personally I think that is pretty damn low my self, we work our arses off to get what we have.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aureleus wrote: »
    That is actually more misleading then I think they realize, makes it sound like none of us have alts we play, so in essence there TRIBBLE us out of potential tech upgrades without fully explaining all the details around there aquisition of the tech upgrade.

Personally I think that is pretty damn low my self, we work our arses off to get what we have.

Lolwut?

It's standard language for Cryptic/PWE when referring to the players...they call us Captains.

"Greetings Captains!"

It's there at the top of pretty much all the maintenance posts and a myriad of other posts they do.

If somebody had just downloaded the game, never been to the forums, never read anything from them...sure...but it's a long established thing they've done. There shouldn't have been any question that it was one per account per week...just like it said.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is per-account, just like they said here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9110623-uneasy-allies-weekly-rewards
    In addition, the first completion of "Uneasy Allies" on an account this week gives an Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade. This

So not a bug.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks davefenestrator

Mods can lock thread