What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"You may not log in from this IP address" *Resolved*

Comments

• Options
    jsabsdjsabsd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same problem here. My friend, on the same ISP, can get on fine.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You may not log in from this IP address. WTFO.

MetroCast - Great Mills, MD.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This appears to be either an ISP issue, or perhaps an IP you have previously used before issue. I have several static IPs from my primary ISP, all of which STO has seen before, and none of which will let me login. However if I change to a back up ISP which has an IP STO has not seen before i can login no problem.
  • Options
    will052will052 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm in NC in the US on the east coast, can't login. Does anyone know if the old cryptic launcher is working?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Im gonna go play SWTOR while i wait for this log in issue to clear up :(

Yup. /10characters
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    will052 wrote: »
    I'm in NC in the US on the east coast, can't login. Does anyone know if the old cryptic launcher is working?

The old non arc launcher is getting the same error.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    will052 wrote: »

If you mean the STO launcher, yes. I don't even have ARC installed.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 25 seconds.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So how can I fix this on my end, Im not very tech savvy, I dont know what ISP means for instance
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So how can I fix this on my end, Im not very tech savvy, I dont know what ISP means for instance

ISP = internet service provider

ie Comcast, Verizon, Time Warner, Cox, etc
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ufpdewolfeufpdewolfe Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Internet Service Provider, there is nothing you can do but be patient. We have to wait for the official Cryptic techs do what ever needs to be done.
  • Options
    jassemtsleimanjassemtsleiman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm having the same problem. I'm curious how long this will take. Hopefully not long, as the Crystal even is coming to a close this week.
  • Options
    darthreshdarthresh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had updated my AVAST anti-virus earlier today (after playing STO this morning)

in the past AVAST has made a headache of logging into certain games after updating...

did anyone else having problems recently update or use AVAST?

just trying to rule out possible suspects....
  • Options
    furtiveness2011furtiveness2011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think it's safe to say we aren't getting a fix tonight. It's 8:25pm, devs are home. Server admins are home. No one's going to give a TRIBBLE until the next business day. Bottom line: No STO until tomorrow.
    Word got out that STO is having issues again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    2 of my toons completed the event yesterday. I was going to finish the other 5 tonight.

I guess not. :(

No AVAST here. I was actually logged on about 3 hours ago with no issue. I took a break because my 20 hours timer hadn't reset for CE yet. Now, no dice.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited March 2015

ISP=Internet Service Provider aka, who ever you use as your means to connect to the internet.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    will052will052 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you mean the STO launcher, yes. I don't even have ARC installed.

I had the old launcher on my old computer, it crashed, and when I got my new one it was either download arc, or don't play. But it's still on an older one. It was when cryptic still owned it, so I call it the cryptic launcher as opposed to the arc launcher. Though I suppose I am being rather imprecise. But the old one before Arc does work?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I wish Cryptic would respond to this:eek:
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    robdmc wrote: »

Hmm, could be an indication you went 17x faster than elsewhere. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Hmm, could be an indication you went 17x faster than elsewhere. :P

Maybe logging in is an exploit?
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just did a test log-in. I got to the character select screen fine, but I'm not assuming I'm in the clear. For all I know, this is a domino effect thing that just hasn't hit my area yet.

ISP: Comcast.
    State: Michigan.
    Log-in: Successful, for now.
  • Options
    nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can't connect either. :(
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same issue here along with most of my fleet members in the US. The ones in other countries are fine. (confirmed through team speak)
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    malkrissmalkriss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I too have gotten this message tried everything i could think of to fix it but no luck so far. I could login earlier just fine but its sno go now
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Maybe they're progressively doing a complete server wipe so we all HAVE to start a new toon for Delta Recruiting.

All your toons are dead, but your stuff is still there. It can be returned to you for a nominal fee.
  • Options
    modredmodred Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When i tried to log in this afternoon before I got the error, it said it didn't recognize my computer and I had to enter a defender pin that it emailed me. Did anyone else have that?
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    STO was working fine two hours ago. Now I'm getting the error. So much for checking on my DOFF's before bedtime.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,749 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    add me to the list of names i suppose who is having the issue
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    briar721briar721 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really hope they fix this before midnight. . . or else I won't be able to finish the event. I haven't done it yet today. :L
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I cant figure out how to get a new pin, could someone help me with that
This discussion has been closed.